Eddie & Yana

Upcoming AoS Interview in Memphis

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello all! I have an upcoming interview in Memphis that I'm a little concerned about.. only for these reasons:

My wife doesn't have her driver's license yet.

My wife doesn't have health insurance yet.

Are these things going to be a problem? She's on my lease, and she's also in a joint bank account.

However, we've been trying to get her license for like 3-4 months! The Tennessee DMV people say it's because the terrorists got their licenses from Tennessee that the process is so hard and that they have an extensive searching through Homeland Security. We've been in there 4 times already. She's never been able to be issued an ID or even take the driver's test until she gets her Green Card.

However, we do have MOUNTAINS of photos. I'm a pastor, and she can't have a job until she gets her greencard, so she is there with me at everything we do with the youthgroup. So we have mountains of photos from our wedding, honeymoon, camping, church camp, rock climbing, inflatable things, with us and with groups of people.

Also, I work two part time jobs at the church, but I'm guaranteed to go full time (it's just been passed in the budget) January 01, where both I and she will get health care through the church. However, mine is still through my parents right now (mom is a government employee, and I'm 24). Do you think this will be an issue? Our interview is two weeks away. I could get upwards of 10 affidavits from people claiming the legitimacy of our marriage.

nope and nope, i still didn't have my DL when i interviewed, nor Health insurance,

Although my interview was only a few questions, i am sure you'll be ok with all of this :)

My Journey Uk To Usa

K1
I-129f Sent:- 19-Aug-2010
Date of Entry-27-May-2011
Date Married-24-June-2011

AOS
AOS/EAD Sent:08-Aug-2011
Green Card Received: 16-Nov-2011

ROC

i-751 Sent 01-Nov-2013

i-751 NOA1 04-Nov-2013

i-751 Biometrics App. 08-Nov-2013

i-751 Biometrics Completed 29-Nov-2013

Nearly there, and for those who are just starting the k1 it is a long wait but once it is over the time feels well spent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Awesome, thank you so much! That's a huge worry off my chest. I can't imagine a more horrible thing to happen is for a legitimate marriage to be denied by missing something unavoidable. I've met so many people through conversations that know people who did the illegitimate marriage thing to get into the country, and I've told them how hard they're making it for people who are legitimately trying to do this. Thank you for all your help and encouragement!

USCIS is aware of the difficulty of things like a license or health insurance. Bring whatever you do have, they are used to it.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Awesome, thank you so much! That's a huge worry off my chest. I can't imagine a more horrible thing to happen is for a legitimate marriage to be denied by missing something unavoidable. I've met so many people through conversations that know people who did the illegitimate marriage thing to get into the country, and I've told them how hard they're making it for people who are legitimately trying to do this. Thank you for all your help and encouragement!

My AOS interview was also in Memphis..None of those things was even mentioned,It was a breeze..You'll be fine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello all! I have an upcoming interview in Memphis that I'm a little concerned about.. only for these reasons:

My wife doesn't have her driver's license yet.

My wife doesn't have health insurance yet.

Are these things going to be a problem? She's on my lease, and she's also in a joint bank account.

However, we've been trying to get her license for like 3-4 months! The Tennessee DMV people say it's because the terrorists got their licenses from Tennessee that the process is so hard and that they have an extensive searching through Homeland Security. We've been in there 4 times already. She's never been able to be issued an ID or even take the driver's test until she gets her Green Card.

However, we do have MOUNTAINS of photos. I'm a pastor, and she can't have a job until she gets her greencard, so she is there with me at everything we do with the youthgroup. So we have mountains of photos from our wedding, honeymoon, camping, church camp, rock climbing, inflatable things, with us and with groups of people.

Also, I work two part time jobs at the church, but I'm guaranteed to go full time (it's just been passed in the budget) January 01, where both I and she will get health care through the church. However, mine is still through my parents right now (mom is a government employee, and I'm 24). Do you think this will be an issue? Our interview is two weeks away. I could get upwards of 10 affidavits from people claiming the legitimacy of our marriage.

Take a deep breath would be my first piece of advice.

Driver's licenses and health insurance have NOTHING to do with any of this. My wife got her learners permit. She regularly tries to kill me with her driving on a daily basis.

She should be able to get a Tennessee ID card at a minimum with no driving privileges. My wife did that right away after she received the green card.

The biggest worry you should have is meeting the I-864 requirements for adjustment of status.

Inflatable things are cool, unless they are x-rated.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.