travlnmannn

Good Russian Document Translation service

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

All I was doing was trying to tell people about a document service that "I" thought was good. At $9 a doc "I" didn't think it was that bad. Sorry that everyone had to freak out about it or misunderstood what I was trying to get across. Instead of downplaying what I was trying to do why not next time just be more diplomatic about it.

"Hey Travlanmannn, thats an awesome price. I got some stuff documents done at (for example) $7. Maybe you can try that next time. Good luck"

I'm done with this subject

16/10/2006- Interview date- I'm nervous and my fiance is cool calm and collective. And she's the one that has to do the interview.

Timeline

Thank you Slim for your help! This guy Travlnmannn pisses off people if they have different opinion. I am not English native speaker and of course don't know if it is big fifference between words "girl" or "woman" in English. In Russia we say both, it just means that I am not a guy (since he called `me "Mr"). I just had my wedding and came to this forum and saw how he called me "Short of a woman". It is very rude from him and I am completely pissed off. It is discrimination. I doubt if HE can speak Russian with all nuances.

Thank you Slim very much for your help! I am very upset now and it is my honeymoon weekend.

Timeline

I have some nice friends here and got messages with congratulations so wanted to thank them :) Here are lots of nice people on this site. And yes, honeymoon should not be on VJ! :D Agree!

Edited by Oregonfiancee

Timeline

BTW Oregon when I spoke with my fiancee I asked her if there was a difference between "woman" and "girl" in Russia. I asked her without giving her the details of these posts going on here on VJ. She immediately told me that a girl is a female under 14. And a woman is a female at least over 25. Good luck to you and congratulations on your wedding. I truly wish you good luck only because I'm a mature adult and I can see past the short comings of others.

16/10/2006- Interview date- I'm nervous and my fiance is cool calm and collective. And she's the one that has to do the interview.

Timeline
BTW Oregon when I spoke with my fiancee I asked her if there was a difference between "woman" and "girl" in Russia. I asked her without giving her the details of these posts going on here on VJ. She immediately told me that a girl is a female under 14. And a woman is a female at least over 25. Good luck to you and congratulations on your wedding. I truly wish you good luck only because I'm a mature adult and I can see past the short comings of others.

BTW, your fiancee is not exactly correct. In Russia we have 3 gradations for women's age - "devochka-devushka-zhenshina". The english word "Girl" means both - "devochka" AND "devushka". "Devochka" is a girl under 12-14 years old and "Devushka" IS older than 14 years old. Sometimes much older. Depends how young and nice she looks like. But both are "Girls" in English. English word "Woman" can be translated into russian only as "Zhenshina" and we use it for much older women. Every woman in Russia is happy to be "Devushka" as long as possible. But who I am talking with? With a guy who only can make offensive comments without knowing nor other languages, nor culture? And he thinks he is adult. :lol: Empty attempt.

In English I can say both - "girl" and "woman". Also if you are not blind read posts of people on this forum, almost everyone here says "I am waiting for my girl", "My girl just arrived", "I am in love with my girl" etc. And their girls are much older than me. To use the word "girl" is ok here on the forum.

By making your offensive comment to me here you showed nothing except rudeness. And you don't seem to be adult or intelligent. I was upset with your offensive comment before but now I don't care anymore. And I don't need any congratulations from you here.

Any bad things you do to other people will return to you twice.

OK, I am done with this.

Edited by Oregonfiancee

Timeline

BTW, your fiancee is not exactly correct. In Russia we have 3 gradations for women's age - "devochka-devushka-zhenshina". The english word "Girl" means both - "devochka" AND "devushka". "Devochka" is a girl under 12-14 years old and "Devushka" IS older than 14 years old. Sometimes much older. Depends how young and nice she looks like. But both are "Girls" in English. English word "Woman" can be translated into russian only as "Zhenshina" and we use it for much older women. Every woman in Russia is happy to be "Devushka" as long as possible. But who I am talking with? With a guy who only can make offensive comments without knowing nor other languages, nor culture? And he thinks he is adult. :lol: Empty attempt.

In English I can say both - "girl" and "woman". Also if you are not blind read posts of people on this forum, almost everyone here says "I am waiting for my girl", "My girl just arrived", "I am in love with my girl" etc. And their girls are much older than me. To use the word "girl" is ok here on the forum.

By making your offensive comment to me here you showed nothing except rudeness. And you don't seem to be adult or intelligent. I was upset with your offensive comment before but now I don't care anymore. And I don't need any congratulations from you here.

Any bad things you do to other people will return to you twice.

OK, I am done with this.

Awwww...dont cry. It's ok. :lol:

Everyone should go do some laundry!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.