travlnmannn

Good Russian Document Translation service

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just got about 10 documents translated into English for Galina's interview. I used the following website for it. They are out of the Ukraine but he did good work and very reasonable as well. I was going to use a company out of Los Angeles but they wanted $365. This company in the Ukraine that I used charged me $90. He was a day late from what he promised but it was cool. Did good work.

http://www.russian-translation.ru

16/10/2006- Interview date- I'm nervous and my fiance is cool calm and collective. And she's the one that has to do the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It's usually cheaper to do translations within Russia if you are unable to do them yourself for free. For example a birth certificate translation in Russia into English goes for about 400 rubles. No one will touch it in the US for under $30.

I wanna say that Elena's birth cert was translated for "just a couple bucks." I don't know the exact price, but I think that's what she quoted it as.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Hey OregonFiancee if you got it done so cheap why dont you put up the website for others. How many documents did you get done for $25. Ninety bucks isn't so much money to me. Maybe for you but not for me. Good luck to you Oregon

16/10/2006- Interview date- I'm nervous and my fiance is cool calm and collective. And she's the one that has to do the interview.

Timeline
Hey OregonFiancee if you got it done so cheap why dont you put up the website for others. How many documents did you get done for $25. Ninety bucks isn't so much money to me. Maybe for you but not for me. Good luck to you Oregon

Hey, travlnmannn

You probably did not understand, that all who put replies here had their girls translated their docs in Russia. Not through websites. Your fiancee could just go to translator in her city and have it done for much cheaper price than $90. I translated my docs in my city - birth certificate, police certificate, one medical paper that I needed. For $25. I see Slim's fiancee had even cheaper translation of birth certificate in her city (mine was around $12).

Good luck!

Timeline
You probably did not understand, that all who put replies here had their girls translated their docs in Russia. Not through websites. Your fiancee could just go to translator in her city and have it done for much cheaper price than $90. I translated my docs in my city - birth certificate, police certificate, one medical paper that I needed. For $25. I see Slim's fiancee had even cheaper translation of birth certificate in her city (mine was around $12).
Once again, my point about your fiancees doing things in Russia is easier and cheaper than doing it here in the US.

The cheapest document translation service I have found in the US is located at:

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&am...b:regT:2:fbT:18

But I wouldn't use their website. I go through a Russian lady that works there. The price is $30 for a birth certificate. As stated before, much more expensive than doing it in Russia. But once in the US, returning to Russia is more expensive.

Timeline

Mr. Oregon,

Maybe I didn't get get my point across right. All my documents amounted to about $9 per document. Which I dont think is bad. Which from your second post you did 3 documents for $25. Were talking about a few cents difference. And she did look to see if she could get them translated in her city but it would cost her around 500 rubles. Which would translate into almost $20 per page. And plus I dont mind doing these things for her. She has a child and is very busy so whats wrong with doing it myself. It was cheaper and easier.

Timeline
This company in the Ukraine that I used charged me $90.
I guess we all misread your post. For some reason I thought you passed up on the cheap one and went with the expensive US firm.

Timeline

I may be dumb but I'm not stupid :P:P:P I posted it about the document translation because I thought it was a reasonable rate and they did good work. Some people dont trust and are afraid to use companies outside of the states. So I thought it would be good for some people to have a reference to a place that is outside of the states that is reliable and reasonable.

Timeline
Mr. Oregon,

Maybe I didn't get get my point across right. All my documents amounted to about $9 per document. Which I dont think is bad. Which from your second post you did 3 documents for $25. Were talking about a few cents difference. And she did look to see if she could get them translated in her city but it would cost her around 500 rubles. Which would translate into almost $20 per page. And plus I dont mind doing these things for her. She has a child and is very busy so whats wrong with doing it myself. It was cheaper and easier.

Mr travlnmann

I just mentioned which kind of docs I had translated. But I had birth certificate done 3 times for me, I just did one for interview, one for AOS, one just to keep it. Two of those copies were notarized, (I wanted it notarized for AOS). The price for notary was included. Medical papers are actually pretty expensive to translate. I had to do it for the US, since I needed it. So, if they did for me 3 birth certificates, each of them was around $4, plus two copies were notarized, so it was even cheaper. As I understand you did only translations for her interview?

No one says that it is bad to use the web site. But it is cheaper to do it in Russia. All girls are doing it ourselves, many have children and work.

And BTW, I am not Mr! I AM NOT A GUY! I AM A RUSSIAN GIRL!

Edited by Oregonfiancee

Timeline

That explains it all...Russian Girl...Short of a woman. Good luck to you :-)

That explains it all...Russian Girl...Short of a woman. Good luck to you :-)

#######???

Just for the record, Russian girls, or Russian women (both!) are one of the most valuable insights to the visa process that we have here on VJ. There's nothing like first-hand knowledge from someone who's been through the process. I say thanks for all your posts Oregonfiancee, and travlnmannn, what are you doin chasing off one of our best resources?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Slim...I wasn't making a reference to Russian women as they dont mean anything. I was commenting on the difference in a women and a girl in general. The maturity level. I think I need to re-word some of my posts. I dont think people truly get it. But I think Satellite caught on. She be pretty smart.

travlnmann, (and all the rest) you can say whatever you want on here, I'm not knocking you for that, I'm just hoping you don't piss off any of the girls on here.

And on that note, most of the Russian women that I've known have always said "I am Russian girl." I don't think they're trying to say that they're younger or immature or anything, just translating into English that they don't have a #######.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.