Gagan and Lindsay

I-134 Affadavit of Support

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All-

I posted earlier that I just filed my I-129F and as I'm waiting and waiting, I want to be as prepared as possible for when we receive our NOA2. I was looking at the I-134 Affadavit of Support and I was a little concerned. I have a good, steady job that I have been at for the last 3 years. I make well over the 125% of Poverty Level requirement. Everything is fairly good for me financially.

My concern is that just recently, my position was ultimately outsourced. I was long-term supplemental/contracted employee and my contract was up for renewal. Instead of renewing with the same company, they outsourced the position to a staffing agency. My job title is the same, my job description is the same, and my pay has even increased. The ONLY difference is the company name on my paycheck and the fact that when asked if I'm a permanent or temporary employee, I believe they have to say temporary because it is a staffing agency.

Will this require me to have a co-sponsor? Also, how do you know if you need a co-sponsor? Do you submit the I-134 with Packet 3 and then they advise you in Packet 4 if you need a co-sponsor and you either submit it then or at the interview?

Thanks for all your support!

Oct 2010 - We Said "Hi" in the US...(Trip #1)

Nov 2010 - We Became Friends in India...(Trip #2)

March 2011 - Vacation in India...(Trip #3)

08/25/2011 - We Fell In Love...

10/10/2011 - We Got Engaged in the US!!(Trip #4 and #5)

04/09/2012 - Couldn't Stay Away From Each Other...(Trip #6)

08/25/2012 - Our Wedding...DEFINITELY!!

11/05/2011 - Sent I-129F Via USPS Priority Mail

11/08/2011 - I-129F Received @ Lockbox in Dallas, TX

11/08/2011 - NOA1 Notice Date

11/14/2011 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail Received

11/18/2011 - NOA1 Hard-Copy Received

03/30/2012 - NOA2 Notice Date - 143 Days

03/31/2012 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail Received @ 12:15am

04/06/2012 - NVC Received

04/09/2012 - NOA2 Hard-Copy Received

04/10/2012 - NVC Left

04/12/2012 - Consulate Received

04/17/2012 - Packet 3 Received

04/18/2012 - Packet 3 Sent via E-mail to VFS

04/23/2012 - Packet 3 Received via VFS Confirmation

05/23/2012 - Packet 3 "Lost" - Fiance Re-Submitted In-Person to VFS

05/24/2012 - Packet 3 Received via DOS Confirmation

07/11/2012 - Interview Date - APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi All-

I posted earlier that I just filed my I-129F and as I'm waiting and waiting, I want to be as prepared as possible for when we receive our NOA2. I was looking at the I-134 Affadavit of Support and I was a little concerned. I have a good, steady job that I have been at for the last 3 years. I make well over the 125% of Poverty Level requirement. Everything is fairly good for me financially.

My concern is that just recently, my position was ultimately outsourced. I was long-term supplemental/contracted employee and my contract was up for renewal. Instead of renewing with the same company, they outsourced the position to a staffing agency. My job title is the same, my job description is the same, and my pay has even increased. The ONLY difference is the company name on my paycheck and the fact that when asked if I'm a permanent or temporary employee, I believe they have to say temporary because it is a staffing agency.

Will this require me to have a co-sponsor? Also, how do you know if you need a co-sponsor? Do you submit the I-134 with Packet 3 and then they advise you in Packet 4 if you need a co-sponsor and you either submit it then or at the interview?

Thanks for all your support!

1. You have a job

2. It pays enough

3. Attach a couple months paystubs to the I-134 and be done with it.

Employer letters are optional, if it doesn't help you, why do it? Nothing on the I-134 asks if your job is temporary or permanent, full time or part time. It asks your annual gross income, the nature of your work and the name of your employer. Answer the questions and attach checkstubs as proof. Attach one year tax return and a 2-3 bank statements.

Job done.

How it is submitted depends on the consulate. Packet 3 is available at the consulate website and will tell you how and when to submit the I-134

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Indian embassies can be super picky. They may want a joint sponsor. I would provide the three years of tax returns and a few months of paystubs. I would also skip the letter stating you are a temporary employee. Finally, I would have a joint sponsor lined up and already have the paperwork completed and signed AND notarized. If they tell you that you need one, you will already have it available. I specifically mention notarizing because several years ago, the process changed to where you no longer need notarizing as just your signature signifies that you are testifying it is true. The Indian embassies still require it on their websites. It is better not to waste your time arguing and submitting unnotarized items (this goes for any letters of support and a letter reconfirming your intent to get married too). Just turn the I-134 over and have the stamp put on the back if you can't fit in the margin. You have to determine yourself if you need a co-sponsor, they won't tell you until you go to the interview. That's why it's best to have one already prepared so that if they issue a 221(g), your fiance can turn it into VFS the next day.

FYI, judging from your picture, you are probably going to have a much harder time than a normal K1 in India. I suggest you read my story and those of Team Erra, RCG and SherryandYasphal. You can find them on my friends list. Your case is most likely going to undergo serious scrutiny and 10 months may be a pretty unrealistic goal so I wouldn't make any hardcore wedding plans based on that date (I think you mentioned 10 months in another post).

I would suggest that you do some research on this site to see what kinds of things you may be expected to present at your interview. Look up "India" and "AP", "Administrative Processing", "221g", "221(g)" and "denied" so that you can find other people's stories. I would also recommend that you read the embassy reviews for India for the last two years. Finally, I would recommend that you ATTEND the interview, it seems to help a lot in Indian/Non-Indian interviews.

Good luck on your journey!

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.