Lan&Mike

Give me your advices, please

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
He can file the paperwork while out of the country - just be sure he has a US mailing address to receive the hard copies of Notice of Action (receipts) or an Request for Evidence. He can use his parent's address if necessary. As long as he has an address in the US and he is a USC, it's fine. (I filed from Mexico - sent everything Fed Ex - and no problems at all). Good luck.

I (the USC) also filed the K3 paperwork from Mexico for my husband, I was living there full-time with my husband until he could get his visa. I used my parents' address which the lawyer explained to me was truly my domicile although my residency was in Mexico ( :unsure::wacko: ) and it worked just fine. We had no problems, nor did it ever even come up in the interview. I agonized over the fact the paperwork had my address in the US while I was living in Mexico, but it was needless worrying (something I was really good at thanks to Immigration! :whistle::D) Good luck!

Jeremiah 29:11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart"

our extended timeline

05/05 - Entered US
10/3 - Mailed I-485 and I-765
10/14 - NOA1 for AOS and I-765.
10/22 - I-485 Biometrics NOA received, appt 11/15
10/27 - Touched on both I-485 and I-765.
10/31 - I-765 Biometrics NOA dated 10/24. Appt on 11/29 at 12PM.
11/15 - Biometrics for I-485 and I-765 done on same day.
11/16 & 27 - Case "touched" on bcis.gov.
12/7 - EAD approval by e-mail. Card is on its way. Thank you Lord!!
12/12 - Received EAD.
1/9/06 - Applied for SSN. Received 1/17
3/30 - Got our AOS Interview notice!! Interview date 5/31
5/31/06 - Permanent residency granted! Passport stamped IR6. God is so faithful!

2/2/16 - Mailed in N-400 paperwork

2/10/16 - Received text that N-400 paperwork was received.

2/16/16 - Text that fingerprint appointment has been scheduled.

3/1/16 - Biometrics interview, Naperville, IL

3/11/16 - E-notice that case is in line for an interview

7/8/16 - Text/site updated that Interview date has been assigned

7/14/16 - Received letter dated 7/11 with interview date on 8/11
8/11/16 - Interview, given paper that said passed test but no decision can be made at this time.

10/18/16 - Received text, status online updated to say oath ceremony has been scheduled!!!!

Notice: I am not a lawyer nor legal profession; my posts on this website are just my lay opinions, formulated from my own case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.