utst10

Ticket Prices for December

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Is anyone traveling back to Vietnam in late December?

Ticket prices are sky rocketing...early December around $1,950 and late December around $2,300 (travel agent prices)!

That is prices for flying out from Houston. If someone know of a cheaper deal, let me know/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sort by LAX to Ho Chi Minh City, use any date after December 26th. Asiana/United has a deal throughfor under $1200 through ICN. Southwest will connect you for about $100 from Houston. Just a suggestion. I flew Asiana to Manila. Long layover in a nice airport but cheap!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Do you have to go back in December? I know it is a nice time to go but, it is one of the busiest times for the airlines (Christmas and Thanksgiving), that is why the prices are going up. If you can go after the first of the year ( this is a very slow time for travel) the price will be much better. If you really have your heart set on going in Dec. book now, the prices will only continue to increase the closer to the holiday you wait. The other option is to fly on Dec.25, if it is possible for you. The airlines give a big discount then. I am an airline employee and speak from a little experience. Either way, good luck and have a safe trip.

Timeline

Sort by LAX to Ho Chi Minh City, use any date after December 26th. Asiana/United has a deal throughfor under $1200 through ICN. Southwest will connect you for about $100 from Houston. Just a suggestion. I flew Asiana to Manila. Long layover in a nice airport but cheap!

Good idea!!! I 'm going to look!

Timeline

Do you have to go back in December? I know it is a nice time to go but, it is one of the busiest times for the airlines (Christmas and Thanksgiving), that is why the prices are going up. If you can go after the first of the year ( this is a very slow time for travel) the price will be much better. If you really have your heart set on going in Dec. book now, the prices will only continue to increase the closer to the holiday you wait. The other option is to fly on Dec.25, if it is possible for you. The airlines give a big discount then. I am an airline employee and speak from a little experience. Either way, good luck and have a safe trip.

I checked and it's still around $2000. I called the 4 different travel agents in Houston...including VNA travel.

Edited by utst10

Timeline

Shouldn't you already be aware that your relationship with someone overseas gonna be costly, even AFTER she comes to the US? You'll need to periodically to spend thousands and thousands of dollars to travel back to VN with her. And once a while, you'll need to send money to her family in order to keep "good" relationship with them.

Expect those things BEFORE tying the knot with her.

How old are you? You point out the obvious like my 2 year old nephew. His perception on life is about the same as you right now.

I would hope he will grow and expand as he gets older.

Filed: Timeline

Like others said, play around with the date, prices can vary drastically. I asked about going back for tet Last year, it was expensive, but arriving on tet was cheaper by quite a bit. Ask the travel agency to tweak prices for you and also search online tweaking prices. It can make a huge difference just a few days.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Here's another option, not sure how realistic it is though. What about flying into Laos, Cambodia, or Thailand and then take a local regional flight to HCMC or a low budget operator like jetstar or perhaps take the bus across countries?

Though this does mean more headache for you. So the trouble might not be worth the potential cost savings.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

OP,

I think the best way to figure out your travel cost is to specify your departure and return dates. Each one of these will have huge implications on the final price. I went to www.orbitz.com and randomly selected dates for departure and return. Departure dates around Dec 3rd and staying for 2 weeks will cost around $1500. Departure dates around Dec 20th and staying 2 weeks will cost you around $1900. This should give you an idea of how sensitive your travel dates can be to overall pricing.

I prefer to use www.bookingbuddy.com. This website queries all the major travel websites (Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, etc.) and puts them side by side for price comparison. Check it out and play with random dates for December to see what fits your budget. Good luck :)

Edited by WeatherEmperor

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Shouldn't you already be aware that your relationship with someone overseas gonna be costly, even AFTER she comes to the US? You'll need to periodically to spend thousands and thousands of dollars to travel back to VN with her. And once a while, you'll need to send money to her family in order to keep "good" relationship with them.

Expect those things BEFORE tying the knot with her.

How many accounts do you have now Dan Que?

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The day of the week that you look as well as time of the day you look makes a difference.... checking prices in the afternoon (not travel but search) can be hundreds more expensive than earlier or later the same day. Tuesdays are the best days to check for flights.... the best days of travel depend on the time of month as well as the month you are going... Orbitz has a matrix that will help some, but the prices are not always shows accurately... it is however a great way to see which travel dates are higher than others...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

I checked on expedia, cheapoair, leave on 12/9 from MN to SGN, come back on 1/20, price is about 1500.

03/04/2010: Getting married

06/06/2011: Submit I-130. Case is at CSC

06/08/2011: NOA1

01/06/2012: NOA2

01/23/2012: Case number assigned

01/26/2012: AOS Bill and IV Bill invoiced

05/10/2012: Paid AOS and IV fees

08/20/2012: Sent AOS and IV packets

08/22/2012: NVC received AOS and IV packets

08/29/2012: Case complete

11/06/2012: Interview date appointment received

12/04/2012: Interview date. Approved!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.