v333k

N-400 NOVEMBER 2011 FILERS

542 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

also i just got email and text saying my interview is scheduled and should get letter in the mail within 14 day.boy they are running behind. :rofl:

Congrats!!! So you only received your interview notice in the mail but never got an email and update for your online status?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

These notifications are not reliable. At the interview I was given an Oath letter for the ceremony to be in 2 weeks. Few days after my interview, the status changed to oath scheduling que and has been like this since then, even though my ceremony was last Thursday.

Congrats!!! So you only received your interview notice in the mail but never got an email and update for your online status?

Wife's USCIS Journey

02-27-2012 Mailed I-130, I-485 and I-765 to Chicago by Priority Mail

02-29-2012 Post Office website shows as delivered

03-01-2012 USCIS received I-130, I-485 and I-765

03-05-2012 Received 3 text and 3 email receipt notifications

03-07-2012 $1,490 poorer - both checks cashed

03-12-2012 Received NOAs for all 3 applications

03-16-2012 Received Biometrics Notice for Apr. 2

03-19-2012 Successful Walkin Biometrics

04-09-2012 Received text/email about scheduled interview for May. 11

04-12-2012 Received a hard copy of an interview letter

05-04-2012 Received a notification "Card Production Ordered" for EAD.

05-09-2012 Received another notification "Card Production Ordered" for EAD.

05-10-2012 Received notification that EAD was mailed.

05-11-2012 AOS Interview at 12:30 no final decision

05-11-2012 Notification "Card production ordered" at 3:30 pm. APPROVED!!!!!!!

05-14-2012 Received EAD card in mail and I-130 approval notification

05-15-2012 Received hard copies of I-130 approval, welcome to USA letter and a notification that green card was sent

05-21-2012 Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-23-2012 Applied for SSN

***Counting down to RoC***

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

I had my interview at Washington DC field office.

so we left our house yesterday at 7 am.we got to USCIS office around 8.30.went thue the security,then to 2nd floor.droped off the letter and was told to sit down and wait until IO will call my name.the waiting room was pretty full and i have to say..it was really hard to hear them calling your name.i wish they would use micrafon or somthing.so my hubby had his ears wide open and was listening .i on the other hand the whole time was freeking out and trying to study some more.hubby ended up taking the book away and said.relax you are readdy. :star:

my name was called 9am on a dot.the IO was older,really really sweet,calm lady.she made a coment about how cold my hands are.i was like sorry.they always cold(hubby calls me ice queen),and when i'm nervous they get even colder. :blink:

but she said,dont be nervoues,you will do great and when this all is over youy will say..wow this was easy,why did i even worrie.and she was soooooooo right on that one

fist she swore me in.then she told me to sit down.looked over my aplication.he asked me the quastion about if i was willing to serve the military if needed and then she said..i guess you allready are in the military. :rofl: (i'm military wife).

then she asked me if i bring any paperwork with me.and ye i ahd EVERYZTHING with me.she was...wow you are ready to show me anything.so she ended up taking and keeping everything from 2009 i bring with me

then she asked me to read out loud:

WHEN IS COLUMBUS DAY?

and write:

COLUMBUS DAY IS IN OKTOBER

then she asked me

NAME ONE BRANCH OR PART OF GOVERNMENT

WE ELECT A U.C.SENATOR FOR HOW MANY YEARS

IF BOTH THE PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT CAN NO LONGER SERVE,WHO BECOMES PRESIDENT

WHAT DOES THE PRESIDENT'S CABINET DO

HOW MANY JUSTICES ARE ON THE SUPREME CORT

WHO WAS THE FIRST PRESIDENT

then she told me CONGRATULATIONS.i passes and gave me letter.then she made a call to find out what time the oath ceremony is.and was told that it's at 2 pm and told me to be back at 1 pm

so we had tons of time to kill until then.we went out for branch(it was nice,just hubby adn i).i dont even remember what is like to eat slow.

we were back at the office by 1 like we were told to.handed over my letter and waited.difretn IO called my name around 1.30.she took both of my GC(i was trying to be funny and ask if i can keep the 2year one as suvenire).she told me..you funny,i like you..but NO..hand it over. :rofl: then she asked me to look over the certificate and make shore everything is correct.it was

then i was told to go back and she will call my name in few min once everything is ready

my name was called i think few min before 2 pm.hubby and i fallowed the lady in to the room were the ceremony was held.i was told to sit down and hubby was told to sit behind me.there were only 2 of us taking the oath ,both military).1st the IO talked to as about the passports,how and were to store the certificate(she said sice we both move around a lot. :rofl: ) then SS,register to vote and all that other stuff.she gave us white envelope with little flag inside,letter from our president,papport aplication and couple other things

then suprviser came in to swear us in.she told us that we have to *comunicate*.she had to restart all over again since we were not sahying it together.my hubby got such a kick out of the whole process. :bonk:

finally we were done.the supervicer congratulated both of us.and it was over.

it was really neet,but i felt like somthing was missing.i guess the whole official ceremony,lots of people,hand clapping all taht.but oh well.

i came in there that morning as LAtvia citizen and left around 2.30 as US citizen.

we made it home on time to pick our DD from school.my 2 year old was also good for the sitter(which i was really worried about the whole time.he has never really bin gone from me for this long).but he did great.

we were complitly exasted when we got home and could not wait for bedtime.

but it was beastifful day.i still look at the certificate and cant believe it has my picture on it and i am US citizen.

wanted to say THANK YOU for all your help and advice when i was going crazy and wondering what was going on.we plan on celebration this weekend when we go out on a date.

11/12/11.....N400 send to Nebraska service center

11/14/11.....N400 delivered to NE

11/21/11.....Check cashed

11/23/11......NOA recived in the mail(priority date nov 14)(notice date nov 21)..(you will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office.you should expect to be notified withing 90 days of this notice)

12/13/11......got text and email about biometric letter being send out

12/17/11.......got biometric letter in the mail(appointment date dec 28th)

12/19/11.....did early walk in FP

12/22/11.......got email and text about being placed in line for interview scheduling

01/30/12.......got email from my IO were i was asked to pick my own interview date and send email back with the date i picked

02/06/12......got INETRVIEW email with appointment letter(have to print that out and bring with me on the interview day)

02/28/12.......INTERVIEW with oath on the same day(as long i pass the test afcorse.)

I AM US CITIZEN

Timeline

my last update was on dec 22nd when i was placed in line for interview scheduling.i never got interview letter in mail.i got email,that i printed out and had to bring with me to the interview.(that was my interview letter)

11/23/11......NOA recived in the mail(priority date nov 14)(notice date nov 21)..(you will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office.you should expect to be notified withing 90 days of this notice)

12/22/11.......got email and text about being placed in line for interview scheduling

01/30/12.......got email from my IO were i was asked to pick my own interview date and send email back with the date i picked

02/06/12......got INETRVIEW email with appointment letter(have to print that out and bring with me on the interview day)

02/28/12.......INTERVIEW with oath on the same day(as long i pass the test afcorse.)

I AM US CITIZEN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Congratulations!

so we left our house yesterday at 7 am.we got to USCIS office around 8.30.went thue the security,then to 2nd floor.droped off the letter and was told to sit down and wait until IO will call my name.the waiting room was pretty full and i have to say..it was really hard to hear them calling your name.i wish they would use micrafon or somthing.so my hubby had his ears wide open and was listening .i on the other hand the whole time was freeking out and trying to study some more.hubby ended up taking the book away and said.relax you are readdy. :star:

my name was called 9am on a dot.the IO was older,really really sweet,calm lady.she made a coment about how cold my hands are.i was like sorry.they always cold(hubby calls me ice queen),and when i'm nervous they get even colder. :blink:

but she said,dont be nervoues,you will do great and when this all is over youy will say..wow this was easy,why did i even worrie.and she was soooooooo right on that one

fist she swore me in.then she told me to sit down.looked over my aplication.he asked me the quastion about if i was willing to serve the military if needed and then she said..i guess you allready are in the military. :rofl: (i'm military wife).

then she asked me if i bring any paperwork with me.and ye i ahd EVERYZTHING with me.she was...wow you are ready to show me anything.so she ended up taking and keeping everything from 2009 i bring with me

WHEN IS COLUMBUS DAY?

and write:

then she asked me

IF BOTH THE PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT CAN NO LONGER SERVE,WHO BECOMES PRESIDENT

then she told me CONGRATULATIONS.i passes and gave me letter.then she made a call to find out what time the oath ceremony is.and was told that it's at 2 pm and told me to be back at 1 pm

so we had tons of time to kill until then.we went out for branch(it was nice,just hubby adn i).i dont even remember what is like to eat slow.

we were back at the office by 1 like we were told to.handed over my letter and waited.difretn IO called my name around 1.30.she took both of my GC(i was trying to be funny and ask if i can keep the 2year one as suvenire).she told me..you funny,i like you..but NO..hand it over. :rofl: then she asked me to look over the certificate and make shore everything is correct.it was

then i was told to go back and she will call my name in few min once everything is ready

my name was called i think few min before 2 pm.hubby and i fallowed the lady in to the room were the ceremony was held.i was told to sit down and hubby was told to sit behind me.there were only 2 of us taking the oath ,both military).1st the IO talked to as about the passports,how and were to store the certificate(she said sice we both move around a lot. :rofl: ) then SS,register to vote and all that other stuff.she gave us white envelope with little flag inside,letter from our president,papport aplication and couple other things

then suprviser came in to swear us in.she told us that we have to *comunicate*.she had to restart all over again since we were not sahying it together.my hubby got such a kick out of the whole process. :bonk:

it was really neet,but i felt like somthing was missing.i guess the whole official ceremony,lots of people,hand clapping all taht.but oh well.

i came in there that morning as LAtvia citizen and left around 2.30 as US citizen.

we made it home on time to pick our DD from school.my 2 year old was also good for the sitter(which i was really worried about the whole time.he has never really bin gone from me for this long).but he did great.

but it was beastifful day.i still look at the certificate and cant believe it has my picture on it and i am US citizen.

wanted to say THANK YOU for all your help and advice when i was going crazy and wondering what was going on.we plan on celebration this weekend when we go out on a date.

Wife's USCIS Journey

02-27-2012 Mailed I-130, I-485 and I-765 to Chicago by Priority Mail

02-29-2012 Post Office website shows as delivered

03-01-2012 USCIS received I-130, I-485 and I-765

03-05-2012 Received 3 text and 3 email receipt notifications

03-07-2012 $1,490 poorer - both checks cashed

03-12-2012 Received NOAs for all 3 applications

03-16-2012 Received Biometrics Notice for Apr. 2

03-19-2012 Successful Walkin Biometrics

04-09-2012 Received text/email about scheduled interview for May. 11

04-12-2012 Received a hard copy of an interview letter

05-04-2012 Received a notification "Card Production Ordered" for EAD.

05-09-2012 Received another notification "Card Production Ordered" for EAD.

05-10-2012 Received notification that EAD was mailed.

05-11-2012 AOS Interview at 12:30 no final decision

05-11-2012 Notification "Card production ordered" at 3:30 pm. APPROVED!!!!!!!

05-14-2012 Received EAD card in mail and I-130 approval notification

05-15-2012 Received hard copies of I-130 approval, welcome to USA letter and a notification that green card was sent

05-21-2012 Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-23-2012 Applied for SSN

***Counting down to RoC***

WHEN IS COLUMBUS DAY?

and write:

then she asked me

That is soooooo funny!!! I had to write the same exact sentence, and I had the same questions as you did, but in Chicago!

Congratulations!

Somebody please help me :)

I called USCIS today to inquire about my application. I believed the 1st officer transfered me to a 2nd tier agent, not sure about this. The 2nd tier agent told me that my application still is at the National Benefit Center. I was like "ahhhh???" I received an email on Feb. 3rd about my application being placed in line for interview. So, does anyone know if this e-mail mean that my application is at the local office? He sounded like he knew what he was talking about but at the same time very confusing. Please somebody help me with this...

Thank you,

11/14/2011 Sent N-400 (Texas Lockbox)

11/16/2011 Priority Date

01/06/2012 Biometrics letter sent out

02/01/2012 Biometrics Done (Charlotte, NC)

02/03/2012 Placed in line for interview

04/16/2012 Interview Letter Sent

05/22/2012 Interview Date (Cancelled)

xx/xx/2012 Oath Date

I called USCIS today to inquire about my application. I believed the 1st officer transfered me to a 2nd tier agent, not sure about this. The 2nd tier agent told me that my application still is at the National Benefit Center. I was like "ahhhh???" I received an email on Feb. 3rd about my application being placed in line for interview. So, does anyone know if this e-mail mean that my application is at the local office? He sounded like he knew what he was talking about but at the same time very confusing. Please somebody help me with this...

Thank you,

What application are you talking about? This thread is for those who filed N400 in Nov, I haven't seen your name - we can't answer your question without information on your application.

2001-2008 F1

08/2008 - AOS VSC

07/2009 - end of 8yrs of grad sch

02/14/09 - ID, GC approved

02/27/09 - CGC rcvd

11/16/2010 - 751 sent - CSC

03/29/2011 - 751 approved

11/15/11 - N400 Sent

11/18/11 - Notice Date

01/27/12 - Interview Date

03/15/12 - Oath Ceremony

event.png

I received an email on Feb. 3rd about my application being placed in line for interview. So, does anyone know if this e-mail mean that my application is at the local office?

I believe this email means that your application is ready to be sent to your local office when your local office requests it. NBC is like a sorting center and a storage, they keep the applications there until the local offices ready to accept them. When your local office receives your application, you will get another email, saying that your application is now scheduled for interview.

Timeline

Thank you,

i was placed in line for interview scheduling dec 22nd.but my file did not leave for fairfax VA until jan 10th(if i rember corectley).when i talked to the military helpline,they were not shore WHY it took so long(i guess all the holidays there slowed things down).i think my file finally made it to VA i think on the 18th or 19th

I AM US CITIZEN

What application are you talking about? This thread is for those who filed N400 in Nov, I haven't seen your name - we can't answer your question without information on your application.

Is my signature public? Please let me know. I put on there my timeline. I stressed out silently ;) but I could not hold it anymore.

11/14/2011 Sent N-400 (Texas Lockbox)

11/16/2011 Priority Date

01/06/2012 Biometrics letter sent out

02/01/2012 Biometrics Done (Charlotte, NC)

02/03/2012 Placed in line for interview

04/16/2012 Interview Letter Sent

05/22/2012 Interview Date (Cancelled)

xx/xx/2012 Oath Date

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

These notifications are not reliable. At the interview I was given an Oath letter for the ceremony to be in 2 weeks. Few days after my interview, the status changed to oath scheduling que and has been like this since then, even though my ceremony was last Thursday.

Thanks, waiting gets very frustrating and it looks like NY has the longest processing time. I keep checking my case for any updates but so far it is stuck at "in line for interview schdualing" since Dec 22nd

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

ingucis78 - Congratulations!! kicking.gif

I had the same questions and was asked to write the same thing when I had my interview 5 days ago.

09/1991 - Came to the US on F1

06/2002 - Became a Permanent Resident

Naturalization Journey

10/12/11: Sent N-400 to Dallas lockbox via USPS certified mail

10/18/11: Delivery confirmed

10/21/11: Check cashed

10/25/11: Got NOA by mail. Priority date 10/18

10/28/11: FP notice received by mail

11/18/11: FP done per schedule

01/03/12: Yellow letter received (dated 12/12/11)

01/06/12: Status changed to Testing and Interview (inline for scheduling)

01/18/12: Status changed to Interview Scheduled

01/21/12: IL Received

02/23/12: Interview: approved. Oath: completed

Phew, what a journey! I am a US Citizen.

02/27/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card

03/26/12: Received passport

Filed: Timeline

Thanks, waiting gets very frustrating and it looks like NY has the longest processing time. I keep checking my case for any updates but so far it is stuck at "in line for interview schdualing" since Dec 22nd

Same here... I'm also waiting in NY, and also still stuck at "in line for interview" since Dec 22nd. According to some other boards, looks like NY currently takes the longest. It's very frustrating.

Oh, well, we just have to be patient...

Congratulations to all who finished their immigration journey and became citizens!

Timeline

ingucis78 - Congratulations!! kicking.gif

I had the same questions and was asked to write the same thing when I had my interview 5 days ago.

that is very intresting.makes me wonder how *rendom* they really ask quastions

I AM US CITIZEN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.