lalouse

Are you currently in Administrative Processing?

AP Numbers  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Are you currently in AP?

• No.
    • No, but I'm worried that I will be.
    • No, but I just finished AP.
    • Yes, I'm in AP right now and it's taking forever!!
  2. 2. Which country is your AP in?

• Lebanon
    • Jordan
    • Egypt
    • Morocco
    • Tunisia
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Algeria
    • Iraq
    • Iran
    • Other Muslim country (Pakistan, etc..)
    • Other country
  3. 3. How long have you been in AP?

• Less than 1 month
    • 1-3 months
    • 4-6 months
    • 6-9 months
    • 9 months - 1 year
    • More than 1 year

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

My fiance was at a government office yesterday and the workers were talking about the Syrian borders being closed sometime in January.

This put me over the edge and I sent a frantic email to the Embassy in Amman, where his case is being processed, asking for some sort of humanitarian expedite, which I know probably isn't possible. But that will happen to us if we don't get out of AP until after the borders close? :( I am getting so scared that my fiance will be trapped there. The death toll is up to 5,000 now and it keeps growing. Its been far far bloodier than any of the other Arab revolutions and shows no sign of stopping...how can they not take this into consideration?

Have you found that sending frantic emails to the embassy makes them more upset? I know I shouldn't have done it, and it was well worded and polite, but I am probably bothering them too much. They're not mean enough to delay our case more because of that, are they? Ugh.

K1 Fiance Visa Process
3/30/2011: I-129F sent
4/5/2011: NOA1 received from VSC
7/11/2011: consular services in Damascus suspended
8/3/2011: NOA2 received online via USCIS website
8/5/2011: NOA2 hard copy received
8/8/2011: transfer requests sent to Beirut, Ankara and Amman consulates
8/12/2011: NVC received case
8/21/2011: transfer request approved by Amman
8/23/2011: NVC approved case transfer, new case # assigned
8/25/2011: case mailed to consulate from NVC
9/4/2011: received by Amman consulate, Packet 3 received via email, interview scheduled
9/25/2011: INTERVIEW! Result: Request for further information
10/11/2011: Additional information sent
11/14/2011: Case placed into Mandatory Administrative Processing
3/20/2012: Embassy request for updated police certificate, civil record and medical exam
4/22/2012: Requested documents sent to Embassy
5/8/2012: VISA IN HAND!!!

Total time from petition to approval: 58 weeks
Total time in AP: 25 weeks

6/17/2012: POE @ JFK Airport
7/14/2012: Married in Rochester, NY (L)(L)

Adjustment of Status & Employment Authorization

9/24/2012: I-485 and I-765 sent, filed jointly

9/27/2012: NOA1 for I-485 and I-765 received from NBC

11/5/2012: Biometrics Appointment at Buffalo Field Office

12/14/2012: I-765 Employment Authorization Received (11 weeks from petition to receipt)

7/29/2013: Welcome Letter / Green Card notification received without interview (10 months from NOA1)

Removal of Conditions

6/30/2015: I-751 sent to VSC

7/10/2015: NOA 1 for I-751

8/6/2015: Biometrics Appointment at Buffalo Field Office
Thank God things moved along pretty well and I could stop keeping track of dates for a while...

N-400

2/13/2017: CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.