sunt_ny

Embassy Review

9 posts in this topic

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.p...nty=&page=1

I will do my best to describe the interview process that my fiancee went through at the US Embassy in Romania.

Her interview was scheduled for 1300. When she arrived at the Embassy, she was directed to a romanian lady at a window to give her completed package 3. (ds-156, ds-156k, i-134)

After she gave her completed paper work, the wait began... About 2 hours worth of waiting..

So finally she was called to start the interview. The interview was given by a female white american. My fiancee said the lady was very pleasant, and smiled alot.

The questions asked during the interview were not unusual. Despite what I thought, the interviewer asked nothing about our plans to marry.. What did surprise me was when she asked my fiancee "how long do you plan to stay", my fiancee answered "well, i plan to live there always with him" I guess the interviewer was trying to find out indirectly if this was just a 'fun-pass' for her..

The interviewer asked how we met.

Who initiated the first conversation.

How many times did I come to visit romania.

How come you came x amount of times.

My fiancee had color photos of us, her family and friends, about 15 pages of photos. The interviewer choose 3 pages of photos, and asked about different photos. There was a photo with me and her best friends little brother, the interviewer asked how (little brother) felt about me.?? kinda strange but it all worked out ok..

I hope this helps

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Congrats on a successful interveiw , wishing you a wonderful future together :dance:

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Thanks! It's good to make an idea of how things will be. Good luck for you both and have a nice life together. :thumbs:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.p...nty=&page=1

I will do my best to describe the interview process that my fiancee went through at the US Embassy in Romania.

Her interview was scheduled for 1300. When she arrived at the Embassy, she was directed to a romanian lady at a window to give her completed package 3. (ds-156, ds-156k, i-134)

After she gave her completed paper work, the wait began... About 2 hours worth of waiting..

So finally she was called to start the interview. The interview was given by a female white american. My fiancee said the lady was very pleasant, and smiled alot.

The questions asked during the interview were not unusual. Despite what I thought, the interviewer asked nothing about our plans to marry.. What did surprise me was when she asked my fiancee "how long do you plan to stay", my fiancee answered "well, i plan to live there always with him" I guess the interviewer was trying to find out indirectly if this was just a 'fun-pass' for her..

The interviewer asked how we met.

Who initiated the first conversation.

How many times did I come to visit romania.

How come you came x amount of times.

My fiancee had color photos of us, her family and friends, about 15 pages of photos. The interviewer choose 3 pages of photos, and asked about different photos. There was a photo with me and her best friends little brother, the interviewer asked how (little brother) felt about me.?? kinda strange but it all worked out ok..

I hope this helps

June 22 2006 - petition sent to CSC

July 14 2006 - got NOA1

July 26 2006 - touched

Sept 13 2006 - got NOA2 ( by email)

Sept 14 2006 - touched

Oct 10 2006- NVC received file

Oct 12 2006- petition sent to embassy

Oct 16 2006- case received by embassy

Oct 24 2006- packet 3 received in mail

Oct 25 2006- documents sent back to the embassy

Nov 7 2006- interview date

Nov 7 2006- APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Thank you, Tony! It was very elegant of you to take time and give us an account of the Bucharest interview. We find it very useful in the light of the events awaiting us - hopefully very soon! God bless you! (F)

no problem.. it is great to share my experience... good luck to everyone here...

is it me, or does romania have the most beautiful woman... hehehehe ;)

It's not you. They're pretty hot. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
It's not you. They're pretty hot. :thumbs:

:lol:

Stlinares, thanks for the compliment. Tony's fiancee is certainly very beautiful, very sweet. But you've still got to admit that Tony is a very handsome young man himself... :yes:

• 10 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.