John*&*his*GG

CENOMAR for USC??

35 posts in this topic

what a USC need is the Capacity to marry and you need to get that here in USM... and CENOMAR is only for your fiance. :)

All I know, is that I need you... I need you in my life as much as I need food or water or air to breathe - for the longest time, I've had this thirst deep inside... only to be known and understood and be loved for who I am. I have longed for someone, someone like you - to share my life with... all the ups and downs and everything in between. then out of no where - you walked into my life, quenching my thirst, satisfying my longing. and I know from every thing with in - that you are the one... you're the one I've been waiting for all this time. I want and I need you - more than I can usually find words to say... But today and always - please believe and know that you're the one for me and I'll hold you close and I'll never want to let you go...

June 2010: Met online via dating site

Oct.25,2010: He came here to meet me and my family and proposed in a lunch organized by my sister and me of course!

Nov.6, 2010: He went back to US

April 26, 2011: Came back for our wedding

May 17, 2011: The big day!!! We finally exchanged "I DO's"

Aug. 8, 2011: Sent complete Package of I-130

Aug. 26,2011: NOA1 (it was a very stressful long wait!)

March 1, 2012: NOA2 the moment we've been waiting finally here!!!

March 20, 2012: I called NVC got our MNL case# and IIN and sent my DS3032 via email

March 22, 2012: Received 2 Emails from NVC PAOSF I-130 and ACL

March 24, 2012: AOS paid online

March 27, 2012: AOS PAYMENT ACCEPTED

april 04, 2012: AOS PACKAGE ON ITS WAY TO NVC

April 04, 2012: IV bill paid

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

what a USC need is the Capacity to marry and you need to get that here in USM... and CENOMAR is only for your fiance. :)

Legal capacity to marry? how can the USC get it if they are not here? They do ave website and they should be particular on what they ask before making people go there whewww....but anyways, isn't the divorce decree with court seal enough for them? CENOMAR for USC???? doesn't make sense unless they may had seen in divorce paper that the USC had previous marriage in the Philippines...IMHO :D

yes it is true. You need to get a Cenomar here in the Philippines. That is needed for the CFO. I just found out also that they need a Cenomar for USC. I have two friends who told me about it. One attended the seminar last week and the other friend is in the US now.

Money is not the root of evil. It is the Love of Money is the evil.

My fiance went to some seminar and they are telling her that she needs a CENOMAR for me(the USC) too. Is this true? I thought it was only for the citizen of Philippines.

if ur on a K1 petition and petitioner is a USC- foreigner then u dont have too, but sometimes copy of your passport and divorce decree they ask for it... but if ur a fil-am yes maybe u should too... ;)

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Timeline

This is interesting. I've been following this Philippines forum for almost a year now and this is the first I've heard of a USC petitioner needing a CENOMAR for his/herself for the CFO, or a Legal Capacity to Marry document other than his/her divorce decree (if married before). I'm following this one closely as well as searching other sources for info.

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

This is interesting. I've been following this Philippines forum for almost a year now and this is the first I've heard of a USC petitioner needing a CENOMAR for his/herself for the CFO, or a Legal Capacity to Marry document other than his/her divorce decree (if married before). I'm following this one closely as well as searching other sources for info.

:thumbs:right Teddy this is the 1st time i read too that a USC needs a CENOMAR from NSO... come to think of it... how will a USC will gonna be issued a CENOMAR if his name is not enrolled in the data base of NSO.. not a filipino citizen... usually i read they're asking.. copy of divorce decree, copy of passport (USC)... but yeah i think if the petitioner is a Fil-Am yes maybe... the CFO will require.. but i doubt CENOMAR for USC... :blush:;)

Edited by marklovetina
N-400:

My Group

My Blog

and to add, my previous husband is a filipino-canadian and i asked a CENMAR for his wrong name but they didnt give me... think of that he once been a filipino what more if ur a USC?

below is the link for requirements for CFO...

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140#ThirdA

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Timeline

I reviewed a few past posts here and so far it seems that a USC has to have a document of Legal Capacity to contract Marriage from the USEM before they can get a marriage license and get married in the Philippines. It was some time ago, but I got married in the Philippines and I seem to recall having to get something like that - but that was because I was getting married there. I do remember that it was no easy task to get married there.

I have not found anything yet regarding CENOMAR or Legal Capacity to Marry for K-1 petitioner. I have also sent a message to my Filipina Fiancee VISA Service rep and will post his response as well as anything else I can find on this. I have a particular interest in this since I was married in the Phils before and even though I have divorce decree terminating that marriage here int he US, I wonder if I may need Lgal Capacity to contract Marriage or CENOMAR for my fiancee's CFO seminar.

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Timeline

Personally I think there might be some misunderstanding between my fiance and the cfo but apparently there is a document that I can get from the Missouri Dept of Health. I'm get it and hope that it works. Hopefully they will take a photocopy of it. I figure even if they are telling my fiance wrong one document won't hold us back any longer. Not sure why she went to the CFO before the interview though.

There is no such thing as a CENOMAR for the US citizen for a K-1 visa.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.