ae4ever

Confused about Co-Sonsor

4 posts in this topic

Hi;

I am confused about whether I should use the co sponsor or not. Here is my situation:

My job pays well above the poverty guidelines but it is a new job (will be about 5 months on my wife's interview date).

It is my first full time job since I was a student before that.

I have employment letter stating my salary, and that it is a pemanant, full time job and that I am in good standing.

I have pay stubs proving that the annual salary is well above the guidelines.

I have a combined balance in my two bank accounts over 15K.

Would they still have any objection just because it is a new job?

If so, should I use a co-sonsor?

Would using a co-sponsor make things complicated, since my documentation proves that I DO meet the poverty guidelines?

The co sponsor that I have has submitted affidavits before for 5 other people and has 4 dependents, so including him and after adding my wife that's 11 people. BUT..........

All 5 affidavits that he submitted were I-134 and were submitted 4 years ago.

He makes about 65K/yr.

So..................

do I need a co sponsor?

Is he a right person to help as a co sponsor?

Seniors and those who went through similar situation Plzzzzz help.

I am neither of the requested contributors, but I have the answer.

The basic premise of the public charge requirement, gives the Government a reasonable assurance that your Fiance will be supported solely by you. Otherwise a sponsor or co-sponsor is required.

You have demonstrated that you were in college - improving your earning capability.

Graduated and found a good job - exceeding the public charge provision of income.

The inference of progress is expected to continue.

Your proposed sponsor has been, rather busy... I would recommend against it.

Bottom line: You can carry this requirement alone.

Any other opinions from the seniors? Yodrak, Aussiewench or meauxna?

Hi;

I am confused about whether I should use the co sponsor or not. Here is my situation:

My job pays well above the poverty guidelines but it is a new job (will be about 5 months on my wife's interview date).

I have employment letter stating my salary, and that it is a pemanant, full time job and that I am in good standing.

Would using a co-sponsor make things complicated, since my documentation proves that I DO meet the poverty guidelines?

The co sponsor that I have has submitted affidavits before for 5 other people and has 4 dependents, so including him and after adding my wife that's 11 people. BUT..........

He makes about 65K/yr.

So..................

do I need a co sponsor?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i wish i had an answer. but, i am in the same boat as well. i hope someone can answer my question??? i am a teaching assistant and do not meet the poverty guideline but i do when i add in my child support from my ex-husband. can this be used??? if so, where and how?? my parents are willing to be co-sponsers and are retired from the military and make above and poverty guidlines and have tons of assests. but, how do i file them..together?? what from??? and question 1 on the aos completely has be confused is it A or E to me it could be both. im worried to death my husband has been in england fro 6 months and now he is waiting on me to get this AOS filed so he can get his interview. im so stressed out!!!! can anyone help me????

01/28/04-met online via yahoo (hot diggity!!!!)

spoke on online and cam every day for over a year

04/01/05-andy comes to tennessee for 2 weeks!!!!! (double hot diggity!!!!)

06/18/05-andy comes back to stay with me for 3 months!!!!!

12/30/05-andy comes back to stay with me for 3 more months!!!!!!!

03/18/06- WE GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***HERE STARTS OUR VISA JOURNEY***

04/03/06-mailed packet to texas

04/07/06-touched

04/08/06-check cashed @ texas

04/16/06- 1st NOA!!!!!!!!!!

05/10/06-mailed packet to chicago

05/12/06-touched

07/20/06-2nd NOA.!!!!!!!!!......took forever !!!!(had to send back additional info which was

some form saying youve never committed any horrible crimes!!!!!!

08/22/06-went for his medical!!!!!!!!!!

****waisted a bunch of time because we both recieved packets and got confused..he was sent

k3/ds papers and i was sent I-864 forms for cr-1....WE GOT MIXED UP!!!!!!!!!

10/03/06-hubby mailed off check list for k3 to embassy

10/12/06-hubby recieved interview date!!!!!!.............NOV 7th @ london embassy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG

11/07/06-APPROVED!!!!VISA GRANTED!!!! YAY!!!!!!!"

No one said it would be easy...no one said it would be so hard"

Filed: Timeline

ae4ever,

You sound good, but I'm not seeing what the consular officer is going to see and I've no experience with the consulate in Pakistan. Your only apparent negative is the short time in a first job, but you haven't said anything about the employer or the job itself, which may or may not have an influence on the consular officer. (As well, no jobs are 'permanent' these days and no savvy employer will put in writing that an employee's job is permanent - it can put them in an untenable legal position.)

There are some things that just can't be known until the weight-challenged lady sings the closing aria, and this is one of them. If you feel more comfortable having an alternate sponsor's financial package in your back pocket, and you have someone who is qualified and willing, then go ahead and bringit with you in case it's asked for.

Yodrak

Hi;

He makes about 65K/yr.

So..................

do I need a co sponsor?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.