tsr1501

Visa Approved! Now I have more questions....

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee had a successful interview at the Manila embassy October 3rd. She is waiting for her visa/passport to be delivered, then she will attend the CFO seminar. When that is completed and I go there to pick her up, what do I need to know as far as leaving Manila? I understand I will have to pay a fee(other than the terminal fee) at the airport? Do I need to fill out anymore paperwork for her? Are there any different processes she will have to go through?

We will fly into Washington Dulles airport. What happens then? I assume she will go through a different customs line? I have searched for a link that would answer these questions but was unsuccessful. I really appreciate the help, tips and information!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi I went through a K1 Visa in 2010 and this is my SECOND K1 Visa, even with the Fiance. Last year was my POE in Washington Dulles, and it was super quiet. This Year I will set over MIAMI and then follow in connection to Washington Dulles again. Anyway, there are no fees to be paid. Only airlaine tickets and if there is excess baggage. Good Luck! Sol

Note: Sorry my english.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee had a successful interview at the Manila embassy October 3rd. She is waiting for her visa/passport to be delivered, then she will attend the CFO seminar. When that is completed and I go there to pick her up, what do I need to know as far as leaving Manila? I understand I will have to pay a fee(other than the terminal fee) at the airport? Do I need to fill out anymore paperwork for her? Are there any different processes she will have to go through?

We will fly into Washington Dulles airport. What happens then? I assume she will go through a different customs line? I have searched for a link that would answer these questions but was unsuccessful. I really appreciate the help, tips and information!

She will be able to be in the same line as you...

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She will be able to be in the same line as you...

You will need to pay the terminal fee of 750php and her travel tax of 1585 php at the airport.The two fees will be paid at different windows at the airport before you depart.You will only pay the 750 terminal fee but she pays both fees.When you arrive in the u.s. you will only give the customs agent the unopened visa package and then will be on your way. Good luck

jim

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You will need to pay the terminal fee of 750php and her travel tax of 1585 php at the airport.The two fees will be paid at different windows at the airport before you depart.You will only pay the 750 terminal fee but she pays both fees.When you arrive in the u.s. you will only give the customs agent the unopened visa package and then will be on your way. Good luck

jim

Yeah Jim, I should have made it clear I was talking about at the POE.

That is good info though.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.