kozah

question about noa2

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hello there my wife sent my i130 on 29 of august

and we recieved the noa1 on september 6 and for now i didnt recieve anything...is that normal?

and how long it takes for my noa2 plzz helpp thx...

USCIS:

I-130 Sent : 2011-08-29

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-09-06

Expedite Request sent:2012-03-09

I-130 NOA2: 2012-03-16

NVC:

NVC Received : 2012-03-26

NVC Case Number Assigned : 2012-04-13

Expedite Request Send : 2012-04-23

NVC Ask To Re-Expedite: 2012-05-08

Expedite Approve: 2012-05-10

NVC Sent :2012-12-05

Embassy:

Embassy Received : 2012-05-14

Medical Exam : 2012-05-17

Interview : 2012-05-30-Result Approve

and we recieved the noa1 on september 6 and for now i didnt recieve anything...is that normal?

You have no reason to worry until about March 2012. Processing times are typically 5-6 months now. I was fortunate that my K-1 petition was approved in 90 days from the day I mailed it off. It did take about two weeks before I received my NOA1. So I was seeing people say they had their NOA1 and I was still waiting. At least I knew the check had been cashed. I did not hear a peep until the NOA2 was approved via a text message and then the actual NOA2 arrived in the mail.

I know it is hard, but you have a long wait ahead of you.

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Generally your application will take five months to process. If you were to hear something so soon it would be a RFE (request for evidence) which in many cases you don't want that. Like the old saying goes...no news is good news. Read the forums and guidelines to help get knowledge on the process...Many blessings on your journey.

Edited by R_N_M

Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place....Zora Neale Hurston

ticker.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Lol we are exactly the same and I sent mine in augest too andd Im from lebanon.. So i guess we should let each other know what happens.. Its been almost a month and a half but it felt like years :(

USCIS STAGE

8/22/2011: NOA1 EMAIL(never received a hardcopy nor txt)

3/23/2012: NOA2 EMAIL!!!! :D

3/28/2012: NOA2 HARDCOPY

NVC STAGE

4/09/2012: NVC Recieved

4/24/2012: Got NVC Case# and Invoice ID#

4/25/2012: Sent DS-3032 email and Paid AOS fee

4/26/2012: AOS fee showed "paid"

5/2/2012: Sent AOS Package and NVC accepted DS-3032 email

5/4/2012: Received and Paid IV fee

5/7/2012: Sent IV Package

5/14/2012: Case Complete at NVC!

6/6/2012: NVC Left!!

Beirut Lebanon Consulate

7/11/2012: Interview!!

Result: My husband is put in Administrative processing :(

8/17/2012: Embassy called my husband to bring the pasport for the visa!! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.