5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just in case I may need a hardship letter, I have been brainstorming. Would you suggest preparing the Hardship letter yourself using others letters as a template or hire attorney and pay a lot? Here are the hardships I would use if I need the letter. I have letters from all sources and supporting research. I have up to now prepared everything myself.

Medical on Myself:

Letter from Psychologist

Letter from Gynecologist- Personal issue that requires 6 month checkups and future childbearing issues.

Medical on Immediate Family:

Letter adult brother- Major Mental Disabilities, requires daily checks on him (counseling, medications taken, etc.) I am only sibling so ultimately I am main caregiver outside of parents.

Letter father- suffers from Severe arthritic condition, daily meds., requires occasional help with daily duties, retired, condition will continue to worsen

Letter mother- not retired yet, but in last year alone has had 2 knee replacements, 2 wrist surgeries and requires my help during all of her recoveries. She relies on my help with brother/father while she is at work and during recoveries from surgeries.

My parents are in their 60's and I am the ultimate caregiver for them. I already maintain major support of brother and will be the only caregiver when parents pass someday.

** I have letters from all of their doctors supporting these claims. Medical records also.

Financial:

I have letter from Sallie Mae (student loans responsibility for receiving my MBA & Bachelors)

I have letter from Wells Fargo Mortgage (home loan responsibility)

I have letter from Credit Union (2 vehicle loans responsibility)

Employment/Community:

I have letter from Employer, I work for a major Non-Profit and help immensely with the needy in a major city.

I have letter from Co-Worker supporting Employer letter

Education:

MBA, Bachelor's specialized in Non-Profit work and would be extremely difficult to gain position with my pay range in Mexico. Especially when Non-Profit work in Mexico is a volunteer choice.

Family Ties:

Letters friends, family

Give me your thoughts.

1Corinthians 13:13 But now faith, hope, and love remain--these three. The greatest of these is love.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_mexic_2fawm.gif

08/08/2006- Mailed I 129-F packet to TSC

08/10/2006- Packet Signed for by TSC employee

08/18/2006- NOA 1 date

08/22/2006- Touched.....:)

10/25/2006- Touched.......BIG SMILE :)

10/26/2006- TOUCHED AGAIN..........HUGE SMILE!

10/27/2006- NOA 2 approval email received!

10/31/2006- NOA 2 received in mail.........Can't stop smiling!!

11/16/2006- NVC receives my petition and assigns us a case number CDJ----------!!!! WOOHOO

11/20/2006- Mailed to Juarez!! Yippee!

11/30/2006- Juarez received my petition......Email confirms I should receive my packet within 2 weeks!! :)

12/15/2006- Received Packet!!!!! Booking travel arrangements!!!!

12/26/2006- Medical Exam

12/27/2006- Interview, 601 waiver needed

01/10/2007- Filed 601 Waiver

01/17/2007- DHS Receipt of Waiver

08/26/2007- Approved

09/04/2007- Received Approval Notice

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Sounds pretty good. With what all you've mentioned, I don't think you'll have any problem at all getting approved. Just don't spend any more time talking about the psychological issue than the bare minimum-unless it is something that has been ongoing since before your immigration issues. In a chat session with Warren Janssen, the adjudicator for Waivers in Ciudad Juarez, he indicated that he does not consider immigration-related depression a hardship, as everyone experiences it and it's normal. Other than that, you're perfectly fine-a lot of your hardships are the same as mine, actually. Just write it yourself-you won't have any problem doing it and just make sure all your backup documents are clearly referenced, and that the letter is organized. :thumbs:

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Sounds pretty good. With what all you've mentioned, I don't think you'll have any problem at all getting approved. Just don't spend any more time talking about the psychological issue than the bare minimum-unless it is something that has been ongoing since before your immigration issues. In a chat session with Warren Janssen, the adjudicator for Waivers in Ciudad Juarez, he indicated that he does not consider immigration-related depression a hardship, as everyone experiences it and it's normal. Other than that, you're perfectly fine-a lot of your hardships are the same as mine, actually. Just write it yourself-you won't have any problem doing it and just make sure all your backup documents are clearly referenced, and that the letter is organized. :thumbs:

Thanks for your advice. We have a good chance that we will not need a waiver, but just in case...... I want to have something ready.

1Corinthians 13:13 But now faith, hope, and love remain--these three. The greatest of these is love.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_mexic_2fawm.gif

08/08/2006- Mailed I 129-F packet to TSC

08/10/2006- Packet Signed for by TSC employee

08/18/2006- NOA 1 date

08/22/2006- Touched.....:)

10/25/2006- Touched.......BIG SMILE :)

10/26/2006- TOUCHED AGAIN..........HUGE SMILE!

10/27/2006- NOA 2 approval email received!

10/31/2006- NOA 2 received in mail.........Can't stop smiling!!

11/16/2006- NVC receives my petition and assigns us a case number CDJ----------!!!! WOOHOO

11/20/2006- Mailed to Juarez!! Yippee!

11/30/2006- Juarez received my petition......Email confirms I should receive my packet within 2 weeks!! :)

12/15/2006- Received Packet!!!!! Booking travel arrangements!!!!

12/26/2006- Medical Exam

12/27/2006- Interview, 601 waiver needed

01/10/2007- Filed 601 Waiver

01/17/2007- DHS Receipt of Waiver

08/26/2007- Approved

09/04/2007- Received Approval Notice

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Thanks for your advice. We have a good chance that we will not need a waiver, but just in case...... I want to have something ready.

That's not just something...that's plenty! Several members of this site were approved with even less hardships.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Sounds very good :) Btw, your S.O is from Mexico right?

Just look for as much negatives you can find about Mexico and work that in your hsl under all the different sections, that helps to emphasize just why it would be a hardship for you to move there. Such as:

Medical>> find documents about how bad the health section is in Mexico, meaning that your health will be at risk if you were to locate to Mexico.

Financial>> find documents about the financial situation in Mexico *could be average wage vs wage in the US *

etc etc... hope you know what I mean.

Other sections you could consider adding:

emotional> write about your S.O, and how devastating it would be for you to live without him

citizenship> write about your love for the US

But remember, back up for everything you write in your hsl :)

Timeline:

January 27 2006: submitted and approved I-130 in Copenhagen, Denmark

March 23 2006: Interview, submitted I-601 waiver

May 2 2006: London recieves waiver

August 21 2006: waiver approved woo hoo

October 3 2006: arrived in the US

And-I-Go-WEEEE.jpgBear.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.