scooby06

Moving to an other state

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have filled my AOS paperwork a while a go and we are confronted to move to an other state. If I change my address will my paperwork be automatically transferred to the other state? Will the new state pick up where they have left off? Like if I got my work permit before moving can I use it in the new location? What if I get my Interview letter while I change my address and move? Can I just have the Interview transfer to the new state??

Please help me I’m going crazy whit this one. :wacko:

Sep. 19-06 send AOS papers

Oct. 02-06 received NOS of papers

Oct. 02-06 received Biometric appointment letter

Oct. 11-06 Biometric appointment

Oct. 12-06 RFE for I-485

Dec. 05-06 USCIS recived RFE package

Dec. 15-06 Recived Email EAD approved.

Dec. 21-06 Recived EAD card in mail

Jan. 05-07 send AR-11 to HLS

Feb. 12-07 Recived SS card in mail

Mar. 09-07 Recived USCIS updat notification on change of address (at new address)

Aug. 01-07 Interview date

Aug. 01-07 Interview in Memphis. Approved

Aug. 12-07 Conditional GC in mail

May 01 -2009 Start of Removing Conditon of Residancy send I-751 off

May. 04-09 I-751 package deliverd at USCIS Vermont

May. 16-09 NOA for I-751

May. 29-09 recived Biometric appointment letter

Jun. 09-09 Biometric Appointment

Oct. 13-09 Letter arrived. Approved

Oct. 26-09 10 Year GC in mail

May 04 - 2010 Start of Natruralization process sent N-400

May 06 - 10 N-400 delivered to Uscis Texas

May 18 - 10 recived NOA

Jun. 14 - 10 Biometric appointment

Aug. 11 - 10 Interview appointment

Spt. 29 - 10 Oath letter asrrived

Oct. 21- 10 I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Contact your current local office, you will probably will have to do an info-pass appointment, and do an address change there, I would assume they will forward the case to the appropriate local office.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Timeline

You'll have to do address change notice form AR-11 for the immigrant, and send that to Kentucky. Plus you need to do address change form I-865 for the sponsor spouse, and send that to your current district office, and a copy to your New district office.

Even a follow up phone call, and maybe even an INFOPASS appointment is no guarantee that any future mail will get sent to your new address, or that you'll get your interview letter. Lots of people have had to go back to the old district office for their interview, and some others have been notified of deportation orders for failure to show to an appointment.

But you Do Have to send in those forms, no ifs ands or buts about it.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

O.K. if I understand this correct, even if I changed my address and made an Infopass appointment they still could send the Interview letter to my old address and have the Interview done where I originally applied. No problem there our current residance is with my Husbands mother she would let me know if they send me any mail. Would a change of address and transfer of a case to an other state cause a very big delay?

Sep. 19-06 send AOS papers

Oct. 02-06 received NOS of papers

Oct. 02-06 received Biometric appointment letter

Oct. 11-06 Biometric appointment

Oct. 12-06 RFE for I-485

Dec. 05-06 USCIS recived RFE package

Dec. 15-06 Recived Email EAD approved.

Dec. 21-06 Recived EAD card in mail

Jan. 05-07 send AR-11 to HLS

Feb. 12-07 Recived SS card in mail

Mar. 09-07 Recived USCIS updat notification on change of address (at new address)

Aug. 01-07 Interview date

Aug. 01-07 Interview in Memphis. Approved

Aug. 12-07 Conditional GC in mail

May 01 -2009 Start of Removing Conditon of Residancy send I-751 off

May. 04-09 I-751 package deliverd at USCIS Vermont

May. 16-09 NOA for I-751

May. 29-09 recived Biometric appointment letter

Jun. 09-09 Biometric Appointment

Oct. 13-09 Letter arrived. Approved

Oct. 26-09 10 Year GC in mail

May 04 - 2010 Start of Natruralization process sent N-400

May 06 - 10 N-400 delivered to Uscis Texas

May 18 - 10 recived NOA

Jun. 14 - 10 Biometric appointment

Aug. 11 - 10 Interview appointment

Spt. 29 - 10 Oath letter asrrived

Oct. 21- 10 I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.