ManilatoSeattle

Administrative process/ Manila consulate

22 posts in this topic

I am not sure why is my medical is only valid for 3 months.

St Lukes does not determine how long your medical is valid. The U.S. Embassy determines it. According to the U.S. Embassy Manila, your medical is generally good for six months. This is not the first time St. Lukes has given out this same misinformation.

From the U.S. Embassy website:

What is the validity of the medical examination?

Medical examinations are generally valid for 6 months.

My link.

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aplied for K1 Visa Feb 14 2011. We have been together 2 years and I visited 6 times. We have and still undergoing this painful process. My fiancee had medical in July 2011. Sputum test (results negative of course)...Interview Sep 20, 2011. I attended interview with her. AR for over 4 months. I contacted 2 US Senators and Hillary Clinton (Secretary of State). They all responded and inquired directly to Embassy for us (god bless them). I am sure it helped. Yesterday received notice to repeat medical and get new NBI. She went immediately to St Lukes and got her NBI (she is in perfect health) and St Lukes schedule for another sputum. Makes no sense.

Timeline

Aplied for K1 Visa Feb 14 2011. We have been together 2 years and I visited 6 times. We have and still undergoing this painful process. My fiancee had medical in July 2011. Sputum test (results negative of course)...Interview Sep 20, 2011. I attended interview with her. AR for over 4 months. I contacted 2 US Senators and Hillary Clinton (Secretary of State). They all responded and inquired directly to Embassy for us (god bless them). I am sure it helped. Yesterday received notice to repeat medical and get new NBI. She went immediately to St Lukes and got her NBI (she is in perfect health) and St Lukes schedule for another sputum. Makes no sense.

Hi there! How did you contact your senator and Hilary Clinton? My fiance had her interview last Sept.09, 2011 and we're in AR. Please give us some advice to contact our senators and Hilary Clinton. Thank you in advance.

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hi there! How did you contact your senator and Hilary Clinton? My fiance had her interview last Sept.09, 2011 and we're in AR. Please give us some advice to contact our senators and Hilary Clinton. Thank you in advance.

Yup I contacted Hilary Clinton, and both California Senators. God Bless their souls...they all responded and made inquiries to the Embassy in Manila and provided responses for us.

I suggest anyone should do that if they feel that the Embassy is needing assistance to move forward. I know it helped us.

It for sure proves that we are wanting to be together and will do all we can to be together.

I should post those letters!

:)

Thank you Mrs Clinton!!!! You are awesome...thank you Senator Boxer and Senator Feinstein!!!!

God Bless your offices!!!!

Called Embassy...Visa is approved as of April 17, 2012 and we waiting to get from 2GO.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.