onesassygirl

More medical questions

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My medical interview is next Monday... do they give us a copy of the contents of the sealed envelope?

The reason I am asking is that I have read that, for the AOS application, we need to show a civil surgeon the DS-3025 so they can transfer the information to an I-693A form, to avoid paying for another medical. Should I request a copy of the DS-3025 when I go for my medical on Monday?

Also, is the list of vaccinations on the Packet 3 checklist the same list required for AOS?

Any input will be much appreciated!

Dr. Chau in Saskatoon would not give me the DS-3025 after I asked him many times. He insisted that only the consulate must see that and the rest of the medical results. I even told him that I would need it for AOS and he said that all I had to provide that the panel physician there is my immunization records that I gave him. So, no dice for me! But, do ask for it at your medical - maybe your doc will give it to you.

I don't know about the immunizations for AOS in comparison to package 3, maybe someone will come around with that answer.

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Timeline

You don't need the whole medical for AOS for K1/K2 ,if you had one in the last year you just need the vaccination supplement .. You can read the I-485 instructions here: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-485.pdf Good luck :star:

~My AOS (K1)

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Sons AOS (K2) Age 11

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Daughters AOS (K2) Age 9

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 07/07 RFE Snail mail

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Feb 14/07 sent back RFE ~ Feb 21/07 email resp. RFE

Feb 29/07 Transfered to CSC !!

April 03/07 Card production ordered

April 04/07 Welcome notice sent

April 07/07 Welcome notice & Green card arrived

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I received a copy of the vaccination worksheet from my civil surgeon and that's all I submitted with my AOS application. The rest is sealed up.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

The copy of the vaccination record is paperclip to the outside of the medical and it specifically states on it that one copy is for the applicant. The rest of the sealed envelope you never see. I sent the copy of the vaccination supplement in with my AOS.

I went to Dr. Seiden in Toronto.

Edited by Buttons

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

Filed: Other Timeline

Yeap, just make sure to get a copy of the vaccination supplement, and that's all you'll need.

However, depending which doctor you're going to, you may be able to get a duplicate copy of everything for extra $$$. Some will, some wont.

I got an extra copy after I got an RFE for it for my AOS stuff. USCIS had "misplaced" the first one :P That was *much* cheaper than having another medical exam here in the US.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My doctor provided me with the photocopied immunization worksheet as well telling me I would require it later on for the AOS. Yes, the vaccinations listed for the medical are the same ones that are required for the a AOS. If you still need to get some vaccinations, go to your family doctor and have him/her do them before you have your medical, then take the proof of the shots along with any other of your immunization records with you to the panel physician, otherwise you will have to pay for them if you get them done with the medical and will definitely have to pay even more if you get them done once you get to the US.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Dr. Chau in Saskatoon would not give me the DS-3025 after I asked him many times. He insisted that only the consulate must see that and the rest of the medical results. I even told him that I would need it for AOS and he said that all I had to provide that the panel physician there is my immunization records that I gave him. So, no dice for me! But, do ask for it at your medical - maybe your doc will give it to you.

I don't know about the immunizations for AOS in comparison to package 3, maybe someone will come around with that answer.

I had the same experience, I finally got her to fax me a copy. She said she would not but finally did. They claimed they had never been told this before.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Timeline

I just got my titre tests back, testing positive antibodies for Measles, Rubella and Chickenpox (Varicella). So that means I need the Mumps and Tetanus-diptheria shots (I am in the 18-64 range).

Well, I got my tetanus shot today, and my doctor said to come back next week on Friday for the MMR (since I need the Mumps shot and it only comes in MMR).

Now, my medical is this coming Monday, and I know I will be lacking the Mumps shot. Will this be a big deal if this is not on the DS-3025? Can I just show the civil surgeon in the US proof of getting the Mumps shot after the medical, and will s/he add it on to I-693A?

By the way, I just got my Td shot today, and as a "record of immunization", my doctor wrote down on her little pad (same pad she writes prescriptions on) the following, with my name on top, the date, and her signature at the bottom:

"Td vaccine given today"

Is this a sufficient form of an "immunization record"?

I had the same experience, I finally got her to fax me a copy. She said she would not but finally did. They claimed they had never been told this before.

I know, that is what I'm going to have to do too! I'm sure they have been asked that more than once! :rolleyes:

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Filed: Other Timeline
"Td vaccine given today"

I dunno. When I got mine, my doctor's office gave me the "official" vaccination card from Ontario, signed and dated by the doctor. In Ontario, its a yellow card with the list of the vaccinations on it, and they just check off which one(s) you were given.

Does the paper at least have the doctor's name and address and phone number on it?

I would think they're supposed to have some sort of official papertrail for those things, because dont' they have to send the info to the provincial health office as well? :huh:

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline

"Td vaccine given today"

I dunno. When I got mine, my doctor's office gave me the "official" vaccination card from Ontario, signed and dated by the doctor. In Ontario, its a yellow card with the list of the vaccinations on it, and they just check off which one(s) you were given.

Does the paper at least have the doctor's name and address and phone number on it?

I would think they're supposed to have some sort of official papertrail for those things, because dont' they have to send the info to the provincial health office as well? :huh:

Yes, it does have her name, address and phone number on it.

I also thought there was an "official" vaccination card. I asked her for one and she said all she could do was write it on her pad and and write it in my medical record.

From what I've been reading online it looks as if there is an official Manitoba card... but for children only.

I'm really worried that what I have will not suffice and there is no one I can call to find out because it's the weekend... which doesn't help because my medical is on Monday :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.