jackieandkathy

evidence provided for submission

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

hello guys

my fiance and I are going to file a submission for K-1.

actually we met each other and started dating since 2000 when we studied in the US.

In fact we keep visiting each others since 2002 (after we graduated) and we keep all the flight ticket receipts since then.

I am just wondering if I should submit all these ticket receipts (2002-2006) as evidence because it just requires us to provide evidence on how we met in person in the past two years.

or should we just concentrate on providing evidence from 2005-2006 ?

any advice for us ?

besides, we would like to know how long is the grace period once the K-1 visa is issued ? in fact, we planned to get married in the US in Dec and we are afraid that the visa will arrive earlier than we expect, ie, if the visa arrives in April or May and the grace period is less than 6 months, so that I have to go to the US before Nov.

I am not sure if I state my questions clearly. Any comments are appreciated !

Thanks very much !

AOS NOA: 1/26/2008

Biometrics: 3/4/2008

nth nth nth ..........

Interview: 8/22/2008

Support Me @ Alubee's Treasure

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Keep evidence of having met within the 2-year timeframe.

From the K1 guide: - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

1. Copies of all airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, passport stamps (make sure you can read the dates on the stamps), and other documentary evidence that you have met within the last two years. You may want to highlight or place post-it notes indicating the dates and locations on the copies (to make the adjudication easier) for the person reviewing your file.

2. Color Photo's of you and your fiance(e). Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. Provide two to five photo's. If you only have a single copy of the photo, then make a color copy and send that. If it is a digital photo, have it printed at a company such as ofoto.com. You can also make duplicates of photo's at your local photo store (Walgreeens, CVS, etc). Place photo's in a plastic bag or photo sheet and label the sheet. Note that you may not receive originals of photo's back.

3. Copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

After the visa's been issued, entry must happen within 6 months and marriage within 90 days as of the date of entry in the U.S. Also, setting dates can be very difficult - you'll find many threads with info about that - people have had to reschedule and rethink their plans, as the processing is unpredictable and we can just count on rough estimates that may not apply to one's case.

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Thanks for your prompt reply !!

AOS NOA: 1/26/2008

Biometrics: 3/4/2008

nth nth nth ..........

Interview: 8/22/2008

Support Me @ Alubee's Treasure

Filed: Timeline

jackieandkathy,

Outline your history since first meeting in a simple, concise narative in response to I-129f Q 18. Provide documentation of one or more of your visits together in 2005-2006..

Yodrak

hello guys

my fiance and I are going to file a submission for K-1.

actually we met each other and started dating since 2000 when we studied in the US.

In fact we keep visiting each others since 2002 (after we graduated) and we keep all the flight ticket receipts since then.

I am just wondering if I should submit all these ticket receipts (2002-2006) as evidence because it just requires us to provide evidence on how we met in person in the past two years.

or should we just concentrate on providing evidence from 2005-2006 ?

any advice for us ?

besides, we would like to know how long is the grace period once the K-1 visa is issued ? in fact, we planned to get married in the US in Dec and we are afraid that the visa will arrive earlier than we expect, ie, if the visa arrives in April or May and the grace period is less than 6 months, so that I have to go to the US before Nov.

I am not sure if I state my questions clearly. Any comments are appreciated !

Thanks very much !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You must submit evidence that you have met in person in the last 2 years for your application. But you could submit all the evidence at the interview to show an ongoing relationship.

Met online April 2004

Went to Mumbai to meet Poonam Sept. 2004

Sept. 2004 thru April 2006 ongoing relationship

Went back to Mumbai April 2006

Engagement April 2006

Nov.-Dec. 2006 went to Mumbai

K-1 Journey*

08-02-06 mailed I-129F

08-15-06 NOA1

08-18-06 touched

10-05-06 NOA2 (51 Days)

10-06-06 touched

10-07-06 touched

10-16-06 Received hardcopy of NOA2 in the mail

10-19-06 NVC received my petition (Please hurry, so she can be here for Christmas)

10-26-06 Received NVC letter stating it was sent to Mumbai (Letter dated 10-23-06)

12-09-06 Never received Packet 3, So we downloaded and sent to embassy

02-02-07 INTERVIEW (Missed 1st interview, waiting on new interview date)

04-02-07 New INTERVIEW Date.

04-02-07 APPROVED !!!!!

04-27-07 ARRIVED IN U.S.

ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.