One Love Jamaica

Jamaica Mailing address for I-129F

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I am in the process of beginning the petition to bring my boyfriend to the states so we can get married. In filling out the I-129F, I became very confused with what to put for the Address. He keeps telling me just the name of the development (scheme as he calls it) then Montego Bay, St. James. I keep asking him for a house number and street and he tells me mail works different there. Apparently all the mail gets sent to the Post Office of that area and Its either PO 1 or PO 2 in Montego Bay. I am having a hard time making sense of it all. I just want to make sure it is all filled out correctly on the paperwork. Anyone with experience in this area or who can explain the proper way to go about it, all help would be much appreciated.

7/19/11 - Met Cordel at Margaritaville, Montego Bay

8/30-9/7 - Visit #2 to JA

9/24/11 - Started K-1 application process and putting I-129F packet together

10/12-10/20 Visit #3 to JA

11/10/11 - Mailed out I-129F packet via Express Mail to Lewisville, TX

11/14/11 - Package received by USCIS and signed for by J. Arthur

11/17/11 - NOA1

01/13/12-1/23/12 - Visit #4 to JA

02/29/12 - NOA2

4/17/12 - Medical appointment

5/1/12 - Visit #5 to Jamaica

5/3/12 - Interview at US Embassy in Kingston (APPROVED!)

5/7/12 - VISA issued

5/9/12 - Cordel picked up VISA in Mobay :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes, the addresses are different there.

Example (in our format)

John Doe

Development and/or Scheme

PO1/2 St.James

Montego Bay, Jamaica

It will be up to him to go pick up the mail. And they do not have zip codes

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Thank you for your response! So will this be acceptable with the USCIS? I was reading some posts that said something about them not accepting the abbreviations PO and they need the actual address of the Post Office in Montego Bay.

Also, would you happen to know if I have to send a no-impediment certificate with the I-129F application? Im still trying to get straight exactly what additional documents aside from the actual petition form that I need to include when I send it out. I don't want to make any mistakes or forget anything.

Example (in our format)

John Doe

PO1/2 St.James

Montego Bay, Jamaica

11/17/11 - NOA1

02/29/12 - NOA2

5/7/12 - VISA issued

Timeline

Thank you for your response! So will this be acceptable with the USCIS? I was reading some posts that said something about them not accepting the abbreviations PO and they need the actual address of the Post Office in Montego Bay.

Also, would you happen to know if I have to send a no-impediment certificate with the I-129F application? Im still trying to get straight exactly what additional documents aside from the actual petition form that I need to include when I send it out. I don't want to make any mistakes or forget anything.

Yes that address will be accepted - just don't leave something blank, be sure to put N/a if there is none - like zip code, someone got an RFE for it. You will need the nonimpediment for the interview, not now.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

This is great. Really appreciate your quick responses. So happy I found this website. It seems you know the process well. Do you have any other tips or suggestions for the phase of this I am in?

Yes that address will be accepted - just don't leave something blank, be sure to put N/a if there is none - like zip code, someone got an RFE for it. You will need the nonimpediment for the interview, not now.

11/17/11 - NOA1

02/29/12 - NOA2

5/7/12 - VISA issued

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I am in the process of beginning the petition to bring my boyfriend to the states so we can get married. In filling out the I-129F, I became very confused with what to put for the Address. He keeps telling me just the name of the development (scheme as he calls it) then Montego Bay, St. James. I keep asking him for a house number and street and he tells me mail works different there. Apparently all the mail gets sent to the Post Office of that area and Its either PO 1 or PO 2 in Montego Bay. I am having a hard time making sense of it all. I just want to make sure it is all filled out correctly on the paperwork. Anyone with experience in this area or who can explain the proper way to go about it, all help would be much appreciated.

I am having the same issue with the address and I have yet to resolve it. My boyfriend and I argued about it the other day because it was not making any sense to me.

Timeline

I know!!! My boyfriend and i argued about it also! I get frustrated sometimes because I tend to ask the same questions over and over but in different ways because I am not understanding and thinking he is not understanding me. In my mind, how does a house not have a house number and how do you write an address with just a scheme name! So i am doing my best to be patient because ultimately i just want to make sure the application is filled out right, but he thinks I ask too many questions that he has already answered me on! The boxes on the right side of the I-129F are confusing because I don't know where to put the parish name versus the town name. There is a box for town, which I would put Montego Bay, but where do I put the parish name of St. James? And also, where do you put the PO 1/2 to identify which post office its going to? The application for the first addresss box says number and street. So Im thinking here is where you put the scheme name (development name as we know it) Someone said all boxes had to be filled out so for example for zip code, you have to put N/A to show that it doesn't apply in this case. So just to let you know, I am very confused too. You are not alone. I will let you know once Im sure of how to do it, unless you beat me to it. Lets keep in touch because I think we are at the same stage in the process.

I am having the same issue with the address and I have yet to resolve it. My boyfriend and I argued about it the other day because it was not making any sense to me.

11/17/11 - NOA1

02/29/12 - NOA2

5/7/12 - VISA issued

Timeline

Hi again! Sorry to be redundant, but I just wanna be clear.The format below you gave me is helpful in me sending him mail, but for the purpose of the I-129F application, where it says address (number and street)...is this where I put the scheme name? Also right next to it it asks for Apt.#. What do I put there? Is this where I put PO 1? Right below it asks for town, which in my case is Montego Bay, I got that. And Country is obvoiusly Jamaica, but then where do you put the parish name of St. James? There is no box for parish. Should I squeeze it before Montego Bay in the town box?

Example (in our format)

John Doe

PO1/2 St.James

Montego Bay, Jamaica

11/17/11 - NOA1

02/29/12 - NOA2

5/7/12 - VISA issued

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If it is his physical address and that's how they do it, it's fine. For example, here is a valid physical address in the USA. Hwy 230, 3 miles south, City, State 55555. It is what it is.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.