loving_gabriela

Passport for my 10 mos old son?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am goin to renew my Philippine Passport anytime soon. I was thinking if I should get my 10 mos old son a Philippine Passport too or he can just get US passport since he is an American citizen? Do I have to bring my son at the Consulate too if i will get him Philippine Passport? What are the requirements?

It's a shame I have to go all the way to NEW YORK just to renew my passport coz that's where the Philippine Consulate is for those living in New Jersey.

Filed: Timeline

I am goin to renew my Philippine Passport anytime soon. I was thinking if I should get my 10 mos old son a Philippine Passport too or he can just get US passport since he is an American citizen? Do I have to bring my son at the Consulate too if i will get him Philippine Passport? What are the requirements?

It's a shame I have to go all the way to NEW YORK just to renew my passport coz that's where the Philippine Consulate is for those living in New Jersey.

If your son is US born, then he needs to first acquire Philippines citizenship. Look at the Philippines Consulate in NYC; http://www.pcgny.net/2009/dualCitizenship.html

Once your established that he is a Philippines citizen, you can apply for a Philippines passport on his behalf. Look at the Philippines Consulate in NYC; http://www.pcgny.net/2009/passport.html#C

Edited by Jojo92122

Bureau Of Immigration

http://immigration.g...d=163&Itemid=83

RA 9225 FAQ Fees

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from ROC to Philippines Regional forum as OP is asking country specific question not related to the ROC process *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Was your child born in the USA or Philippines? This may or may not make any difference in getting the Philippine passport.

We got our son a Philippine passport with no problems. First you have to file a "REPORT OF BIRTH Child Born Abroad of Philippine Parent or Parents" with the nearest Philippine consulate. In our case it was Washington DC. We live in South Carolina. This form can be completed by mail and the form needed can be downloaded on the nearest consulate website to you, New York you stated. Be sure to go to your closest consulate website because this form differs and each consulate only will accept the version of the form they have on their website. The fee was a certified check for 25 USD made out to Embassy of the Philippines. The report of birth form has to be Notorized they required 4 Original notorized copies of this form. Other requirements were: Copy of Childs birth certificate 4 copies, data pages of parents passport 4 copies, marriage certificate of parents 4 copies. We also took originals with us just in case. You have to also send a postage paid express envelope so when the consulate gets the form completed they can mail it back to you. This was the requirements of the Philippine Embassy in Wash DC on their web site. Please go to your nearest Philippine consulate web site because their requirements may differ.

Once you get the approved Report of Birth form back in the mail from your consulate you can then go back to the consulate web site and down load the passport application form and complete it. Read all the requirements your consulate has as far as getting the Philippine passport for your child. The consulate will need to see the original approved Report Of Birth Form and they will make a copy or you can bring a copy with you. You will need to take your child to the consulate to process the passport application because they take digital pictures and no longer accept passport pictures taken elsewhere. Again, read teh requirements for YOUR NEAREST CONSULATE Be sure to bring the approved Report Of Birth form with you. The consulate then sends the passport application to DFA in the Philippines in its Diplomatic mail and when the completed passport is returned to your consulate office they forward it to you by express mail. Again you have to provide a postage paid express mail envelope. In both cases we got an 8 X 11 Post Office Express Envelope and had the post office give us the exact postage in stamps to send along. The requirements for our case was we could not place the postage stamps onto the express envelope. Also we could not provide a post office machine printed postage label, it had to be stamps. The post office has a stamp in the exact amount for the express envelpoe because it is one cost for this no matter the weight of the envelope. I believe the cost is now 18 USD and some cents for the express envelope postage.

I understand you not liking to travel far to the consulate but that is the way it is for some people. We had an 8 hour drive and hotel expense to do get our son a Philippine passport and also same previously when we renewed my wifes passport. Our son was born in the USD and he has a Philippine passport and a USA passport. I know he is an American citizen since he was born here but not sure if he is also a Philippine citizen. All the consulate required was his birth certificate, our marriage license, and our passports and there were no questions or problems with getting the Philippine passport. Good Luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Was your child born in the USA or Philippines? This may or may not make any difference in getting the Philippine passport.

We got our son a Philippine passport with no problems. First you have to file a "REPORT OF BIRTH Child Born Abroad of Philippine Parent or Parents" with the nearest Philippine consulate. In our case it was Washington DC. We live in South Carolina. This form can be completed by mail and the form needed can be downloaded on the nearest consulate website to you, New York you stated. Be sure to go to your closest consulate website because this form differs and each consulate only will accept the version of the form they have on their website. The fee was a certified check for 25 USD made out to Embassy of the Philippines. The report of birth form has to be Notorized they required 4 Original notorized copies of this form. Other requirements were: Copy of Childs birth certificate 4 copies, data pages of parents passport 4 copies, marriage certificate of parents 4 copies. We also took originals with us just in case. You have to also send a postage paid express envelope so when the consulate gets the form completed they can mail it back to you. This was the requirements of the Philippine Embassy in Wash DC on their web site. Please go to your nearest Philippine consulate web site because their requirements may differ.

Once you get the approved Report of Birth form back in the mail from your consulate you can then go back to the consulate web site and down load the passport application form and complete it. Read all the requirements your consulate has as far as getting the Philippine passport for your child. The consulate will need to see the original approved Report Of Birth Form and they will make a copy or you can bring a copy with you. You will need to take your child to the consulate to process the passport application because they take digital pictures and no longer accept passport pictures taken elsewhere. Again, read teh requirements for YOUR NEAREST CONSULATE Be sure to bring the approved Report Of Birth form with you. The consulate then sends the passport application to DFA in the Philippines in its Diplomatic mail and when the completed passport is returned to your consulate office they forward it to you by express mail. Again you have to provide a postage paid express mail envelope. In both cases we got an 8 X 11 Post Office Express Envelope and had the post office give us the exact postage in stamps to send along. The requirements for our case was we could not place the postage stamps onto the express envelope. Also we could not provide a post office machine printed postage label, it had to be stamps. The post office has a stamp in the exact amount for the express envelpoe because it is one cost for this no matter the weight of the envelope. I believe the cost is now 18 USD and some cents for the express envelope postage.

I understand you not liking to travel far to the consulate but that is the way it is for some people. We had an 8 hour drive and hotel expense to do get our son a Philippine passport and also same previously when we renewed my wifes passport. Our son was born in the USD and he has a Philippine passport and a USA passport. I know he is an American citizen since he was born here but not sure if he is also a Philippine citizen. All the consulate required was his birth certificate, our marriage license, and our passports and there were no questions or problems with getting the Philippine passport. Good Luck.

:thumbs: +1 Good Accurate information from this poster.

If Mom was still a (natural born) Philippine Citizen when baby was born, then the child is automatically a Philippine Citizen at birth, regardless where he was born. However, the Birth must be RECORDED with the Philippine Gov't (easiest way if everyone is in the USA, id via the closest Philippine Embassy/Consulate.

Once Birth of Baby is recorded and documentation is returned (+/- 2 months), then Baby can apply for and receive Philippine Passport - as stated above, this must now be done IN PERSON - even for infants. Time to process and receive back Philippine Passport is 2-3 months.

Warm regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Samby

Thanks for giving the answer about citizenship status of children born in the USA to a mother that is still a Philippine born citizen and living here on with a permanent resident card. Now I know my son is both a Philippine citizen and USA citizen. He has both passports. Wea re waiting on the NOA2 for my wifes ROC at this time. For some reason I had been thinking my son could not get Philippine citizenship until my wife got her USA citizenship and also kept her Philippne citizenship.

:star:

:thumbs: +1 Good Accurate information from this poster.

If Mom was still a (natural born) Philippine Citizen when baby was born, then the child is automatically a Philippine Citizen at birth, regardless where he was born. However, the Birth must be RECORDED with the Philippine Gov't (easiest way if everyone is in the USA, id via the closest Philippine Embassy/Consulate.

Once Birth of Baby is recorded and documentation is returned (+/- 2 months), then Baby can apply for and receive Philippine Passport - as stated above, this must now be done IN PERSON - even for infants. Time to process and receive back Philippine Passport is 2-3 months.

Warm regards,

Samby

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.