6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am in the process of filling out all the forms for the AOS of my new wife that arrived on a K-1 visa along with her 15 year old daughter, with her K-2 visa. I want to know for sure, what forms are necessary for the K-2. It appears that from the instructions for the I-485, the K-2 ma adjust status based on her parent's adjustment application. I take this to mean that I DO NOT need to fill out a I-485 and G-325 or pay a filing fee for the daughter (K-2 visa holder). Is this correct???

I can not find where it states any reauirement of Vaccination record for the K-2, but I assume that this is necessary. Correct?? Anything esle I should know about AOS for the K-2??

Thanks,

Devereux

Filed: Timeline
I am in the process of filling out all the forms for the AOS of my new wife that arrived on a K-1 visa along with her 15 year old daughter, with her K-2 visa. I want to know for sure, what forms are necessary for the K-2. It appears that from the instructions for the I-485, the K-2 ma adjust status based on her parent's adjustment application. I take this to mean that I DO NOT need to fill out a I-485 and G-325 or pay a filing fee for the daughter (K-2 visa holder). Is this correct???

If the child is under age 14 you don't need the G-325A or the biometrics fee and the child's filing fee is $225.00

You need the I-485 and I-864 regardless of the child's age. The I-131 and I-765 are optional depending if the you intend to take the child outside the country and/or put him or her to work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If the child is under age 14 you don't need the G-325A or the biometrics fee and the child's filing fee is $225.00

You need the I-485 and I-864 regardless of the child's age. The I-131 and I-765 are optional depending if the you intend to take the child outside the country and/or put him or her to work.

I have only one "A" number from the approval of my I-129 petition. Do I use this for both the K-1 and the K-2 I-485 forms or do I leave the K-2 blank?

Thanks,

Devereux

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I have only one "A" number from the approval of my I-129 petition. Do I use this for both the K-1 and the K-2 I-485 forms or do I leave the K-2 blank?

Thanks,

Devereux

The A number you have is for you... where it asks for an A number for the K2, answer NONE

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Timeline

Devereux,

No. The basis for the K2's adjustment is the K1's adjustment - going all the way back to the derivative benefit of the I-129f petition - but the child must still apply for their own adjustment just as they had to apply for their own visa.

Yodrak

Devereux

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.