Kerr_Wife

INFO WINDOW APPT

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My mother-in-law went in for her interview this morning and it turned out that they need a copy of my birth certificate/passport. I'm really annoyed because nowhere on the checklist did it actually list that she needed this.

Anyways, she was instructed to email them when she has the document and request a Info Window Appt which she just did. I'm wondering if anyone knows how long it will take for her to get an actual appointment and if anyone has been through that process?

I appreciate your help.

Petitioning for Mother - FB-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

USCIS Journey

March 31, 2011: I-130 Sent

April 6, 2011: I-130 NOA1

April 29, 2011: I-130 NO2 - Approved (WOW - 23 Days!!!)

NVC Journey

May 5, 2011: NVC Number Created

May 9, 2011: Retrieved NVC #, Updated Contact Info

May 10, 2011: Rec'd AOS Bill and DS3032 Form. Sent DS3032 via email

May 11, 2011: Rec'd Receipt of DS3032, Paid AOS Bill (payment status: "processing")

May 13, 2011: AOS Bill - payment status: PAID -- Paid IV Bill (payment status: "processing")

May 16, 2011: Mailed AOS. IV BIll - payment status: PAID

May 26, 2011: AOS Approved - confirmed by NVC Rep via phone call which I made

June 01, 2011: Mailed IV Package

June 23, 2011: Incomplete Application - request via email for addtional supporting document (marriage certificate and petitioner's birth certificate)

July 1, 2011: Sent missing documents to NVC

July 15, 2011: Case completed waiting for interview date. They said there are no openings for August, call back 3rd week of August to see about Sept. :-(

Aug 18, 2011: Rec'd interview date of 9/22

Kingston Embassy

Sept 22, 2011: Interview at Consulate. Need addtional supporting document (proof of D-I-L's citizenship)

Sept 22, 2011: Obtained proof, emailed consulate for INFO WINDOW appointment as instructed. Waiting for appt.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We had to schedule an info window appointment and it was scheduled for two weeks after we sent the email...it took them only a day to reply. Everyone for the info window comes at the same time at 1:30 (at least thats how it was in June). He didn't actually go to the appointment because the embassy called him and told him he should have been approved at the interview so I am not sure how the appointment actually goes.

K-1

9/23/2010 NOA1

3/31/2011 NOA2!!(189 days)

6/06/2011 Interview Approved

AOS

7/29/2011 AOS and EAD sent by USPS

8/01/2011 NOA date

8/15/2011 Biometrics walk in (appointment for 8/29)

9/26/2011 EAD Approved

10/4/2011 EAD in Hand

10/18/2011 Interview Green Card Approved

10/28/2011 Green Card in hand :)

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My mother-in-law went in for her interview this morning and it turned out that they need a copy of my birth certificate/passport. I'm really annoyed because nowhere on the checklist did it actually list that she needed this.

Anyways, she was instructed to email them when she has the document and request a Info Window Appt which she just did. I'm wondering if anyone knows how long it will take for her to get an actual appointment and if anyone has been through that process?

I appreciate your help.

Been through the same process last November I email them on december 1 and they reply the next day and gave me an appointment for December 22 and it was just to submit the documents no questions were ask

Edited by vinnette

Timeline

Been through the same process last November I email them on december 1 and they reply the next day and gave me an appointment for December 22 and it was just to submit the documents no questions were ask

Okay - thank you to you both. Emailed them on Thursday, still waiting to hear back. Trying to be patient. Can't wait for all this to be over with. Thx again!

USCIS Journey

NVC Journey

May 11, 2011: Rec'd Receipt of DS3032, Paid AOS Bill (payment status: "processing")

May 13, 2011: AOS Bill - payment status: PAID -- Paid IV Bill (payment status: "processing")

June 23, 2011: Incomplete Application - request via email for addtional supporting document (marriage certificate and petitioner's birth certificate)

July 15, 2011: Case completed waiting for interview date. They said there are no openings for August, call back 3rd week of August to see about Sept. :-(

Kingston Embassy

Sept 22, 2011: Interview at Consulate. Need addtional supporting document (proof of D-I-L's citizenship)

Sept 22, 2011: Obtained proof, emailed consulate for INFO WINDOW appointment as instructed. Waiting for appt.

Filed: Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi!!

I am a USC and applying GC for my mom. My father died 10 years ago and my mom is a widow and still has her last name from my father. I am filling DS320 form for my mom and I am confused whether to provide my father's information on line 14-18 (father names/date of Brith/occupation etc...) or leave it blank. Please help.Thank you

Timeline

I'm pretty sure you want to put your dad's info there even though he has passed away, but I'm not 100% certain.

Your best bet in getting your question answered is to post a new topic instead of attaching it to my post regarding info window. That way more people may see it and be able to help.

I found posting a new topic a bit confusing when I first joined this site, however, normally what I do is go to the "Forums" section and post under the section that relates to your current situation. There might be an easier way though. Anyways, hope this helps.

Good luck.

Hi!!

I am a USC and applying GC for my mom. My father died 10 years ago and my mom is a widow and still has her last name from my father. I am filling DS320 form for my mom and I am confused whether to provide my father's information on line 14-18 (father names/date of Brith/occupation etc...) or leave it blank. Please help.Thank you

USCIS Journey

NVC Journey

Kingston Embassy

Filed: Country: Nepal
Timeline

I'm pretty sure you want to put your dad's info there even though he has passed away, but I'm not 100% certain.

Your best bet in getting your question answered is to post a new topic instead of attaching it to my post regarding info window. That way more people may see it and be able to help.

I found posting a new topic a bit confusing when I first joined this site, however, normally what I do is go to the "Forums" section and post under the section that relates to your current situation. There might be an easier way though. Anyways, hope this helps.

Good luck.

Thank you for your suggestion. I did excatly what you said but nobody answered ...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Kerr,

Did you get a response from the embassy in reference to the Info Window Appointment.

My wife received a blue sheet only for not producing a Police Records from the UK which we now have. We have sent

an email requesting an INFO WINDOW APPOINTMENT 2 days ago but we have not heard anything as yet. I trying

to understand there response time and the time frame.

Edited by Reggaeby

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.