Sam&Kathleen

We called today USCIS for I130 delay

5 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Regards,

We make a call this morning to USCIS, first talk with 1 tier officer, then... we request to talk with 2 tier officer and this one tell us that made a request for delay, and take another 30 days to response.

What we need to do now?, just wait?

Thanks in advance for all your responses.

Edited by samriv
"When love is strong, a man and a woman can make their bed on a sword's blade. When love grows weak, a bed of 60 cubits is not large enough. (Talmud)""Love will find a way, Love U baby K!"7y0kjwl63c3.pngAPRIL 26 2011 - i130 (NOA1)MARCH 29 2013 - i130 Approbed (NOA2)ABRIL 19 2013 - NVC ReceivedAPRIL 22 2013 - Pay I-864 BillMAY 01 2013 - DS3032 - COMPLETED - AUGUST 28 2013 INTERVIEW <p>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wow.. I was looking at Igors timelines to see just how far out of the norm you are.. I can't believe the average NOA1 to NOA2 for Vermont I-130s for the month of July was about six weeks! six weeks! Was the entire month expedites or so something? June wasn't much different.. Of the last 15 NOA2s, three of them were under 30 days, ten of them less than two months. There is already a mid-august NOA1 that has a NOA2 (in 23 days!)

As far as the topic: There really is not a lot you can do at this point but wait.. I am amazed at how hard it is to effect anything that is considered out of process. Your call probably at least got them looking at to what was holding up your file but you will never know what it is. If there was a artificial constraint (misplaced file) it will be fixed thanks to your call most likely and you will suddenly find yourself approved...

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

Wow.. I was looking at Igors timelines to see just how far out of the norm you are.. I can't believe the average NOA1 to NOA2 for Vermont I-130s for the month of July was about six weeks! six weeks! Was the entire month expedites or so something? June wasn't much different.. Of the last 15 NOA2s, three of them were under 30 days, ten of them less than two months. There is already a mid-august NOA1 that has a NOA2 (in 23 days!)

As far as the topic: There really is not a lot you can do at this point but wait.. I am amazed at how hard it is to effect anything that is considered out of process. Your call probably at least got them looking at to what was holding up your file but you will never know what it is. If there was a artificial constraint (misplaced file) it will be fixed thanks to your call most likely and you will suddenly find yourself approved...

It's a surprise for us... really!.. because we saw others cases and the most delay take only 90 days. Maybe is because my wife is LRP, but all we can see is that Vermont is faster for citizens, or really i dont know what case is LPR, but others services centers take the same time for all petitions.

"When love is strong, a man and a woman can make their bed on a sword's blade. When love grows weak, a bed of 60 cubits is not large enough. (Talmud)""Love will find a way, Love U baby K!"7y0kjwl63c3.pngAPRIL 26 2011 - i130 (NOA1)MARCH 29 2013 - i130 Approbed (NOA2)ABRIL 19 2013 - NVC ReceivedAPRIL 22 2013 - Pay I-864 BillMAY 01 2013 - DS3032 - COMPLETED - AUGUST 28 2013 INTERVIEW <p>

Ive been waiting 2 and half years, they will always tell you 30 days, 60 days , 180 days, or pending background check (by now they must have done 20 of them? ) Also service requests are useless, ive done about 60 of those

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Timeline

Ive been waiting 2 and half years, they will always tell you 30 days, 60 days , 180 days, or pending background check (by now they must have done 20 of them? ) Also service requests are useless, ive done about 60 of those

OMG, sorry hear about it!... we hope you have all ready soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.