4clife

why is an express no-impediment taking forever

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The information have presented in the email regarding experiencing delays with a no-impediment following the recent application for a birth certificate is very reliable. As I suggested in previous emails your spouse needs to visit the RGD's Twickeham Park Head Office and speak with customer service supervisor. Your spouse may also request to speak with a manager. There are many factors that can impact the processing of a no-impediment such as:

Name change by deedpoll

Incorrect place and date of birth

Information presented on the application does not match birth details for person been searched

The birth details for a no-impediment is very important as a no-impediment seeks to establish whether the applicant was ever married in the island of Jamaica. The applicant birth record is matched against marriage records in the RGDs system. Therefore it birth record is otherwise engaged i.e being used to produce a birth certificate then this will result in delays.

Once again I advise you to speak with the supervisor at (876)619-1260

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Im not sure about that Sus but maybe. My friend ordered one a few weeks ago and it said record located and came back with no marriages found and a No imped Cert was produced and deliverd on the security paper saying no marriage record found. I think there has to be no marriages found record located or marriages found record located to get to the next step of certificate processing, then generated, then dispatched. But we will see. If it says Record not located on the status query (whith no check mark) the process is stopped and at a stand still until whatever record they are looking for is found and cannot get to the next step of certificate procceing on the status query.

Fortunately the information presented is not a suss . Your friend may have recieved his certificate in record time as his record may have been filed back in the vault speedily. Additionally they may have used the duplicate record to produce the no-impediment.

Bear in mind that although a no-impediment certificate is used to establish that an individual is single. It is the birth record that is used to establish the identity of the applicant. Therefore if the birth record cannot be located the application cannot be satisfied

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Other # I tried and spoke to Customer Service (876)749-0550 and 876-619-1260.

But visiting and speaking to a Supervisor will get things done faster. Bring all your documents and ID in case they ask.

Case #1: CR1 & CR2-Hubby & Kids
6/6/11...Priority Date
7/2011...NOA2 ~44 days
8/5/2011...NVC & IIN # Received
9/12/11... CR1 & Cr2 cases completed. ~37 days
11/4/11... CR1 & CR2 Interview APPROVED!!!
11/2011... POE
Praise Jesus!smile.png
----------------------------------
Case #2 - F1-Sister
USCIS

10/2006....I-130 sent.

NVC
9/2011.....NVC Case # received.
1/2012....AOS Bill Paid & I864 sent.
2/2012....IV Bill Paid & DS 230 sent
2/2012....**Case on Child Status Protection Act Review**

3/2012...Case complete waiting for interview date.

KNG Embassy

11/2013...Interview date :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is very interesting. How do you know this, or where did this info come from? Did it come from RGD? My fiance ordered his Express No imped Tuesday and status query today already shows record located. Not sure if that is good or bad. And he just got his birth cert not too long ago. However we did experience about a year delay getting the birth certificate.

Yeah it might be located but they take FOREVER to process it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance went to RGD on 8/12 and paid express to get the no-impediment, which they said he would get in 10 bus days,and it did not happen. He called them 9/16 and they told him to called back in two weeks time. The interview is 10/14 and I hope he gets it before that time so he can have everything organized for the interview. I don't understand how we paid extra money to get something express, the time they said you'll get, and it's way passed the date. Had anyone faced similiar situation with RGD and what would you suggest?

Goodluck with that one. When my husband ordered is Birth certificate EXPRESS it took almost 3wks. I had to send them 3 emails first before someone responded to my email. They were supposed to delivery it to my godmother in St. Catherine they never did it ended up in Montego Bay which wasn't bad because my husband lived in Mobay at the time so it worked out also we had a problem with the nonimpediment form

Good luck with the no-impedement. Unfortunately, I have another bad experience with RGD... we never received the no-impedement. We did go back to RGD because calling them was not successful. However, on the day of interview still having not received it, we were approved. So was the other person there who hadnt received theirs either.

Good luck with the no-impedement. Unfortunately, I have another bad experience with RGD... we never received the no-impedement. We did go back to RGD because calling them was not successful. However, on the day of interview still having not received it, we were approved. So was the other person there who hadnt received theirs either.

Please, please, please raise the noise at RGD and possibly stop by the production office.

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Darling NIkki, that is what I tell them. Unless you GO THERE, RAISE NOISE to enforce a sense of urgency, RGD will not respond. They take their own time and do things.

Case #1: CR1 & CR2-Hubby & Kids
6/6/11...Priority Date
7/2011...NOA2 ~44 days
8/5/2011...NVC & IIN # Received
9/12/11... CR1 & Cr2 cases completed. ~37 days
11/4/11... CR1 & CR2 Interview APPROVED!!!
11/2011... POE
Praise Jesus!smile.png
----------------------------------
Case #2 - F1-Sister
USCIS

10/2006....I-130 sent.

NVC
9/2011.....NVC Case # received.
1/2012....AOS Bill Paid & I864 sent.
2/2012....IV Bill Paid & DS 230 sent
2/2012....**Case on Child Status Protection Act Review**

3/2012...Case complete waiting for interview date.

KNG Embassy

11/2013...Interview date :)

• 7 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.