4clife

why is an express no-impediment taking forever

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance went to RGD on 8/12 and paid express to get the no-impediment, which they said he would get in 10 bus days,and it did not happen. He called them 9/16 and they told him to called back in two weeks time. The interview is 10/14 and I hope he gets it before that time so he can have everything organized for the interview. I don't understand how we paid extra money to get something express, the time they said you'll get, and it's way passed the date. Had anyone faced similiar situation with RGD and what would you suggest?

Timeline

My fiance went to RGD on 8/12 and paid express to get the no-impediment, which they said he would get in 10 bus days,and it did not happen. He called them 9/16 and they told him to called back in two weeks time. The interview is 10/14 and I hope he gets it before that time so he can have everything organized for the interview. I don't understand how we paid extra money to get something express, the time they said you'll get, and it's way passed the date. Had anyone faced similiar situation with RGD and what would you suggest?

Timeline

hi their express service sucks when my fiance went he paid for express also the day when he was suppose to get it when i call they told me it was still in process.i almost blow up but he got it before his interview though dont worry just keep calling them they deliver on saturdays also.i believe it will come before the interviw.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband paid express for our marriage certificate and 3 months later we received it!

It is taking forever cause RGD really sucks! Really and truly.

I called, emailed and called. I had to ask hubby to go back down there and explain the great urgency of the certificate. Then I flew down there and literally stood on the desk for them to hear me.When the Supervisor of all Supervisors came out to assist me personally, I waited 2 more hours, then she said, "oh we located the record. You will get it from our courier in 24 hours." On a Saturday morning, we did receive it.

I suggest your fiance goes back, show the interview letter and respectfully demand it. You are also entitled to a refund so go early cause the mek up face woman close the refund window at noon.

Case #1: CR1 & CR2-Hubby & Kids
6/6/11...Priority Date
7/2011...NOA2 ~44 days
8/5/2011...NVC & IIN # Received
9/12/11... CR1 & Cr2 cases completed. ~37 days
11/4/11... CR1 & CR2 Interview APPROVED!!!
11/2011... POE
Praise Jesus!smile.png
----------------------------------
Case #2 - F1-Sister
USCIS

10/2006....I-130 sent.

NVC
9/2011.....NVC Case # received.
1/2012....AOS Bill Paid & I864 sent.
2/2012....IV Bill Paid & DS 230 sent
2/2012....**Case on Child Status Protection Act Review**

3/2012...Case complete waiting for interview date.

KNG Embassy

11/2013...Interview date :)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It would be easier to list the number of people who HAVEN'T had trouble getting their docs on time from RGD :rolleyes:

It's a mess, and there have been many complaints.

One boardie was there the morning OF her fiance's interview demanding the Non-Impediment... and hmmmm low and behold they got it that day!!

I say be the squeekiest damn wheel you can be!

Our Non-Impediment took 5 months ~ smh!

Praying you get it before the interview (F)

Timeline

Also, get the receipt# from your fiance' and do a status inquiry online stating the urgency of getting the form and give them your contact info as well... that is what helped us.. turned out they had sent our non-impediment via Currier, but the Currier went to the Post Office and when no one was there to recieve it they sent it back to RGD :wacko:

He needs them to call him when the Currier has the doc and let him know the name of the Currier...

Here is the link to do a status inquiry:

http://apps.rgd.gov.jm/web/Status/lay_selectionPage.cfm

Here's a link to Jamaican Currier service, tho the most recent case I heard of they were not using a Currier from this list...

http://www.caribbeanonlineyellowpages.com/listings_3/3_category_D_2011.html

good luck :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The RGD has a number of intricate processes that must be observed when producing a certificate of any kind. A no impediment certificate involves a far more detailed process than marriage or birth certificate. If your fiance has applied for a birth certificate recently then he may experience some delays in obtaining the no-impediment. He should visit the RGD and speak with a supervisor inorder to have his documents expedited

Timeline

The RGD has a number of intricate processes that must be observed when producing a certificate of any kind. A no impediment certificate involves a far more detailed process than marriage or birth certificate. If your fiance has applied for a birth certificate recently then he may experience some delays in obtaining the no-impediment. He should visit the RGD and speak with a supervisor inorder to have his documents expedited

Why would just applying for a birth certificate recently cause one to experience delays in obtaining the no impediment? Beyond normal delays?

Timeline

My husband paid express for our marriage certificate and 3 months later we received it!

It is taking forever cause RGD really sucks! Really and truly.

I called, emailed and called. I had to ask hubby to go back down there and explain the great urgency of the certificate. Then I flew down there and literally stood on the desk for them to hear me.When the Supervisor of all Supervisors came out to assist me personally, I waited 2 more hours, then she said, "oh we located the record. You will get it from our courier in 24 hours." On a Saturday morning, we did receive it.

I suggest your fiance goes back, show the interview letter and respectfully demand it. You are also entitled to a refund so go early cause the mek up face woman close the refund window at noon.

Thank you dear. They are really a mess. I'm going to do as you suggested, hopeful it works.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you dear. They are really a mess. I'm going to do as you suggested, hopeful it works.

Also read all the above responses to see if those can work.

Case #1: CR1 & CR2-Hubby & Kids
6/6/11...Priority Date
7/2011...NOA2 ~44 days
8/5/2011...NVC & IIN # Received
9/12/11... CR1 & Cr2 cases completed. ~37 days
11/4/11... CR1 & CR2 Interview APPROVED!!!
11/2011... POE
Praise Jesus!smile.png
----------------------------------
Case #2 - F1-Sister
USCIS

10/2006....I-130 sent.

NVC
9/2011.....NVC Case # received.
1/2012....AOS Bill Paid & I864 sent.
2/2012....IV Bill Paid & DS 230 sent
2/2012....**Case on Child Status Protection Act Review**

3/2012...Case complete waiting for interview date.

KNG Embassy

11/2013...Interview date :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In response to the question "Why a recent application would impact on the production of a birth certificate?" The recent or current application of a birth certificate may cause delays in the production a no-impediment certificate as the birth record which is used to produce the no-impediment certifcate is used to produce the birth certificate. Therefore the persons may not have their application satisfied in time for their interviews. You need to speak with a superviseor or the production manager to have your case expedited.

Timeline

In response to the question "Why a recent application would impact on the production of a birth certificate?" The recent or current application of a birth certificate may cause delays in the production a no-impediment certificate as the birth record which is used to produce the no-impediment certifcate is used to produce the birth certificate. Therefore the persons may not have their application satisfied in time for their interviews. You need to speak with a superviseor or the production manager to have your case expedited.

That is very interesting. How do you know this, or where did this info come from? Did it come from RGD? My fiance ordered his Express No imped Tuesday and status query today already shows record located. Not sure if that is good or bad. And he just got his birth cert not too long ago. However we did experience about a year delay getting the birth certificate.

Timeline

That is very interesting. How do you know this, or where did this info come from? Did it come from RGD? My fiance ordered his Express No imped Tuesday and status query today already shows record located. Not sure if that is good or bad. And he just got his birth cert not too long ago. However we did experience about a year delay getting the birth certificate.

My understanding is that the RGD reviews all of the marriage records to determine if they have a marriage recorded - so a status of record located would indicate to me that they actually found a marriage on record. Otherwise, they would not find any record.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

My understanding is that the RGD reviews all of the marriage records to determine if they have a marriage recorded - so a status of record located would indicate to me that they actually found a marriage on record. Otherwise, they would not find any record.

Im not sure about that Sus but maybe. My friend ordered one a few weeks ago and it said record located and came back with no marriages found and a No imped Cert was produced and deliverd on the security paper saying no marriage record found. I think there has to be no marriages found record located or marriages found record located to get to the next step of certificate processing, then generated, then dispatched. But we will see. If it says Record not located on the status query (whith no check mark) the process is stopped and at a stand still until whatever record they are looking for is found and cannot get to the next step of certificate procceing on the status query.

Timeline

Im not sure about that Sus but maybe. My friend ordered one a few weeks ago and it said record located and came back with no marriages found and a No imped Cert was produced and deliverd on the security paper saying no marriage record found. I think there has to be no marriages found record located or marriages found record located to get to the next step of certificate processing, then generated, then dispatched. But we will see. If it says Record not located on the status query (whith no check mark) the process is stopped and at a stand still until whatever record they are looking for is found and cannot get to the next step of certificate procceing on the status query.

Hopefully then it means they finished their search and the certificate is processing.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.