Wishin-n-hopin

Packet 3

8 posts in this topic

I called DOS today and they told me that the Embassy in London has received our Packet 3. I asked the woman if there was a date for when they acknowledged receipt, but she said that there was no date. Does this just mean that our Packet is "somewhere" in the building, or does this mean that it has been "logged" and that it is being processed? I'm guessing that it is the latter, but I'd like someone to confirm that. Any information about this would be helpful.

Thanks!!

Edited by Wishin-n-hopin

K-1
03-23-2011.....Sent I-129F application
04-07-2011.....NOA1 (dated 03-30-2011)received
07-15-2011.....NOA2 (No RFE's)- 107 days!! *We were #145 on Igor's list*
08-01-2011.....NVC Received
08-03-2011.....NVC Left
08-11-2011.....Consulate Received
08-15-2011.....Packet 3 Received (1 month since our NOA2)
08-29-2011.....Packet 3 Sent
09-23-2011.....Packet 3 logged at Embassy
10-07-2011.....Packet 4 Received
11-08-2011.....Interview Date - APPROVED!!!!
11-15-2011.....Visa in hand today (delivered by DX)
11-20-2011.....Arrived in the U.S.A.
12-03-2011.....Married

AOS/EAD/AP
08-06-2012.....Sent AOS Packet (EAD and AP)

08-10-2012.....Packet delivered
08-17-2012.....NOA1 with appointment for biometrics
09-04-2012.....Biometrics Appointment
10-12-2012.....EAD & AP approved
10-20-2012.....Received EAD/AP "Combo" card by mail

04-19-2012.....Received approval letter for AOS (No interview & no RFE's!!)

04-25-2012.....Received Green Card in the mail today!!!

ROC
03-24-2015.....Sent ROC Packet

03-27-2015.....Packet delivered
04-01-2015.....Check cashed by USCIS
04-04-2015.....NOA1

04-30-2015.....Biometrics Appointment

PfUgm4.png

I called DOS today and they told me that the Embassy in London has received our Packet 3. I asked the woman if there was a date for when they acknowledged receipt, but she said that there was no date. Does this just mean that our Packet is "somewhere" in the building, or does this mean that it has been "logged" and that it is being processed? I'm guessing that it is the latter, but I'd like someone to confirm that. Any information about this would be helpful.

Thanks!!

Nobody is replying so I'll take a guess. Do you mean your applications forms...DS-xxx? What else is there? Readiness to interview form DS-2001? Medical results? I think it means they have a file on you set up rather than it's somewhere in the mailroom. As far as "processing, I don't think anybody does much review of your actual documents until you get to the interview. I think it all gets thrown in a folder and when all three things are there it may go to the interview scheduler/letter senders pile. I'm not even convinced that somebody puts it in the computer as each item comes in. Maybe some efficient workers do and some don't. Maybe others wait until everything is in. That's why I was wondering what else you had there besides the DS-xxx application forms. I've even seen on there website something like we regret that we can not give you a status of you documents or even if they were received, so don't call and ask. It's not like USCIS where your code is scanned everytime the petition is moved, starting in the mailroom. So many people thinking there application is lost may be that London doesn't have a computer way to know at any given moment where a file is and what's in it. So the applicants panic before it has trickled through the system and all 3 needed things have arrived making you interview eligible. Thats all just a guess, but things were calmer in the UK forum before everybody started calling to see if there DS forms arrived then panic if nothing reported in 2-4 weeks, even though they say there is no way to report step-by step progress. Basically I dunno but thought I would reply so you wouldn't feel ignored. hahaha

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Nobody is replying so I'll take a guess. Do you mean your applications forms...DS-xxx? What else is there? Readiness to interview form DS-2001? Medical results? I think it means they have a file on you set up rather than it's somewhere in the mailroom. As far as "processing, I don't think anybody does much review of your actual documents until you get to the interview. I think it all gets thrown in a folder and when all three things are there it may go to the interview scheduler/letter senders pile. I'm not even convinced that somebody puts it in the computer as each item comes in. Maybe some efficient workers do and some don't. Maybe others wait until everything is in. That's why I was wondering what else you had there besides the DS-xxx application forms. I've even seen on there website something like we regret that we can not give you a status of you documents or even if they were received, so don't call and ask. It's not like USCIS where your code is scanned everytime the petition is moved, starting in the mailroom. So many people thinking there application is lost may be that London doesn't have a computer way to know at any given moment where a file is and what's in it. So the applicants panic before it has trickled through the system and all 3 needed things have arrived making you interview eligible. Thats all just a guess, but things were calmer in the UK forum before everybody started calling to see if there DS forms arrived then panic if nothing reported in 2-4 weeks, even though they say there is no way to report step-by step progress. Basically I dunno but thought I would reply so you wouldn't feel ignored. hahaha

Thanks for replying. Yes...we have sent all the DS-xxx forms and the DS-2001. Matthew had his medical on the 18th of August...so, as far as I know, they should have everything they need to schedule him for his interview. Initially, I wasn't going to call the Dept. of State...I thought I would just wait it out until Matthew got the letter with his interview date, but then, everybody started talking about how things get "lost" at the Embassy and I guess I just really did panic a bit. I kept trying to convince myself that this is the EMBASSY....a government building filled with competent professionals and that they could not possibly lose things that are so important. We have confirmation that our Packet 3 was received about 3 weeks ago and signed for by "Lloyd", but I guess I just wanted to know that it had been "logged" (as seen in other people's posts). :) I feel fairly comfortable knowing that the packet has been acknowledged in the computer system and I guess I just need to trust that if they need anything else, they will notify us. Otherwise, I hope that Matthew will be getting his appointment for the interview soon.

Thanks, again, for replying. :)

K-1
08-03-2011.....NVC Left
12-03-2011.....Married

AOS/EAD/AP

ROC

04-04-2015.....NOA1

PfUgm4.png

So what's the latest news on your case?

The only reason I ask is because I'm on a near identical timeline to you and I've been told by the embassy that they have my medical exam results on file but not the packet 3 docs, its 4.5 weeks since I sent them off. I'm hoping that I can gauge when I'll get my interview letter based on VJ'rs on similar timeline's to myself.

So what's the latest news on your case?

The only reason I ask is because I'm on a near identical timeline to you and I've been told by the embassy that they have my medical exam results on file but not the packet 3 docs, its 4.5 weeks since I sent them off. I'm hoping that I can gauge when I'll get my interview letter based on VJ'rs on similar timeline's to myself.

Still haven't heard a thing about a date for my fiance's interview. It's been a week since I called DOS. All the woman would tell me was that the "Embassy has packet 3". I've been looking at similar timelines, as well, hoping that I could get an idea of when we might get word regarding the interview, but...it appears that from the time people send packet 3 until they get packet 4, it takes close to a month, and in some cases 2 months. There doesn't seem to be any consistency. This Thursday it will be 1 month since we mailed our packet.

I've read so many pros and cons about calling DOS that I'm just not sure what to do. When I called them the first time, which was about a week earlier than my last call, they didn't have any information on our packet 3, but the lady was very kind and told me I could call anytime. So, I called the second time, and I got the answer I mentioned above. But then, I felt as though I was just panicking, so I decided that I should just calm down, and wait...and not call again.

I guess my panic is really somewhat of an external thing, because I have so many people (friends, co-workers, etc) pressing me for a date for the wedding. I have co-workers that are planning a bridal shower for me. Last night, several ladies from my church told me that they have planned a bridal shower for me for November 13th and they are inviting the ENTIRE church. My caterer wants a date so she can start making preparations. It's so hard to explain to people the uncertainty of this process. I really don't expect them to understand, but I keep asking them (almost begging them) to remain flexible. Sometimes I just feel so exasperated.

If I hear anything from the Embassy, I'll let you know. :)

K-1
08-03-2011.....NVC Left
12-03-2011.....Married

AOS/EAD/AP

ROC

04-04-2015.....NOA1

PfUgm4.png

I've been looking at similar timelines, as well, hoping that I could get an idea of when we might get word regarding the interview, but...it appears that from the time people send packet 3 until they get packet 4, it takes close to a month, and in some cases 2 months. There doesn't seem to be any consistency. This Thursday it will be 1 month since we mailed our packet.

I think the fact that London now requires medical results before the interview gets scheduled makes it hard to judge from the VJ timelines. If the forms went in real early but the medical wasn't for 3-4 more weeks...well it would make a difference in the time between P3 and P4.

But then, I felt as though I was just panicking, so I decided that I should just calm down, and wait...and not call again.

I don't think once a week is a panic or being obsessive. It's just checking in. I've known people who called twice a day starting from the day their forms got there.

I guess my panic is really somewhat of an external thing, because I have so many people (friends, co-workers, etc) pressing me for a date for the wedding. I have co-workers that are planning a bridal shower for me. Last night, several ladies from my church told me that they have planned a bridal shower for me for November 13th and they are inviting the ENTIRE church. My caterer wants a date so she can start making preparations. It's so hard to explain to people the uncertainty of this process. I really don't expect them to understand, but I keep asking them (almost begging them) to remain flexible. Sometimes I just feel so exasperated.

I can understand that. People just don't "get it" that you don't fit the mold of a typical bride marrying the boy next door who can lay out the details way in advance. At least you know you are well-loved with all those people flitting about wanting to do parties for you.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Still haven't heard a thing about a date for my fiance's interview. It's been a week since I called DOS. All the woman would tell me was that the "Embassy has packet 3". I've been looking at similar timelines, as well, hoping that I could get an idea of when we might get word regarding the interview, but...it appears that from the time people send packet 3 until they get packet 4, it takes close to a month, and in some cases 2 months. There doesn't seem to be any consistency. This Thursday it will be 1 month since we mailed our packet.

I've read so many pros and cons about calling DOS that I'm just not sure what to do. When I called them the first time, which was about a week earlier than my last call, they didn't have any information on our packet 3, but the lady was very kind and told me I could call anytime. So, I called the second time, and I got the answer I mentioned above. But then, I felt as though I was just panicking, so I decided that I should just calm down, and wait...and not call again.

Your story sounds near identical to ours! We've also tried to begin organising the actual wedding as family and friends are pushing for a date in order to book their flights to California but we all know how risky that can be until the visa is actually in hand....Much like your friends, they don't fully understand the complicated and drawn out process we've gone through. At least you can take some comfort in the fact that the embassy has your packet 3 docs!! Mine still aren't on file and its been a month now although I'm considering re-sending them with a cover letter explaining why.....surely it can't hurt??

I'm trying to direct my frustration into other things such as claiming back UK taxes for this financial year (P85 Form), investigating the AOS process and looking into getting my US driving license as its a way to keep my mind busy. I appreciate you keeping me up to date and I'll do the same for you. I also appreciate all of the replies from the other members....thanks

Your story sounds near identical to ours! We've also tried to begin organising the actual wedding as family and friends are pushing for a date in order to book their flights to California but we all know how risky that can be until the visa is actually in hand....Much like your friends, they don't fully understand the complicated and drawn out process we've gone through. At least you can take some comfort in the fact that the embassy has your packet 3 docs!! Mine still aren't on file and its been a month now although I'm considering re-sending them with a cover letter explaining why.....surely it can't hurt??

I'm trying to direct my frustration into other things such as claiming back UK taxes for this financial year (P85 Form), investigating the AOS process and looking into getting my US driving license as its a way to keep my mind busy. I appreciate you keeping me up to date and I'll do the same for you. I also appreciate all of the replies from the other members....thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.