Johnta

the NOA2 Torrent--a 'what next?' lecture Please!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Okay--so the Noa2's may not be coming in a torrent quite yet but methinks we are headed that way--no?

That means a BUNCH of us are asking--'Whut now?'

Yes, I realize ther is an official guide http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

But I'd like to hear from some of you veterans---what would you add (or subtract) fro that guide?

For instance----the guide says to send your Fiancee a complete copy of the 1-129E package-----but so far I don't get the impression from the what the USCIS has sent me that this necessary---

or--- send in the originals of what you sent copies of for the 129F application?

So I sent copes of my passport (an baptismal dertificate) ---so I'm suposed to send her my PASSPORT?

(and a valuable document like my baptismal cert?) and entrust these things to the notorius mail system of her country?? I don't THINK so!

Lay some wisdom on us youse veterans of this process! Please!

John in SC

PS---my Sweetie found a verse from the Bible that appears to have been putin just for us NOA2 recipients:

"Like cold water to a weary soul---

So is good news from a distant land."

Proverbs 25:25

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yes, I realize ther is an official guide http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

But I'd like to hear from some of you veterans---what would you add (or subtract) fro that guide?

For instance----the guide says to send your Fiancee a complete copy of the 1-129E package-----but so far I don't get the impression from the what the USCIS has sent me that this necessary---

or--- send in the originals of what you sent copies of for the 129F application?

So I sent copes of my passport (an baptismal dertificate) ---so I'm suposed to send her my PASSPORT?

(and a valuable document like my baptismal cert?) and entrust these things to the notorius mail system of her country?? I don't THINK so!

John, the Guides were written by 'veterans' ie people who have been through the process and laid it down for those who will come along afterward. Have you also checked the K-1 FAQ here?

The rule of thumb is that the visa applicant should be prepared to show an original of any copy that has been submitted--so that is the *general* advice.

You might get a better idea of what is next by focusing on reports from people who have used YOUR Consulate--policies and requirements vary by location.

Your beneficiary will soon receive a packet of information detailing what's required for the interview. Find out what those things are, and get them prepared. Different types of evidence are more important at one post than another, so do some background on the Consulate your sweetie will use.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

John, the Guides were written by 'veterans' ie people who have been through the process and laid it down for those who will come along afterward. Have you also checked the K-1 FAQ here?

The rule of thumb is that the visa applicant should be prepared to show an original of any copy that has been submitted--so that is the *general* advice.

You might get a better idea of what is next by focusing on reports from people who have used YOUR Consulate--policies and requirements vary by location.

Your beneficiary will soon receive a packet of information detailing what's required for the interview. Find out what those things are, and get them prepared. Different types of evidence are more important at one post than another, so do some background on the Consulate your sweetie will use.

I have a question though, the guides don't say exactly what is the next step...or maybe im just lame :blink:

I keep reading things about sending forms tothe NVC be the agent for the bennificiary? is this for both k1 and k3 or just k3?

is there any way to get the NVC to send the packet 3 or 4 whatever they send :lol: to me?

my isue is that the embassy in my future is Guayaquil, Ecuador...here on VJ there is only one rcord for that embassy and it's outdated ;) I've been like a "dog on a bone" at the embassy website for the past 3 days and only find myself more confused by there bad spanglish, poor spanish (makes me wonder what they do speak) and out dated forms that are no longer accepted :no:

Besides that, they state they want an affidavit of support but don't list which of the three available they will take.

so, sorry for the vent :innocent: do I contact the NVC?? what do I ask for?? why?? do I send them the choice of agent form?? what do they send to my fiance?? and sorry, yes this is for K1 :D

Thank very much,

P.S. after waiting 146 days for the NOA2 ... I want to try to get this ball rolling :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I have a question though, the guides don't say exactly what is the next step...or maybe im just lame :blink:

I keep reading things about sending forms tothe NVC be the agent for the bennificiary? is this for both k1 and k3 or just k3?

is there any way to get the NVC to send the packet 3 or 4 whatever they send :lol: to me?

my isue is that the embassy in my future is Guayaquil, Ecuador...here on VJ there is only one rcord for that embassy and it's outdated ;) I've been like a "dog on a bone" at the embassy website for the past 3 days and only find myself more confused by there bad spanglish, poor spanish (makes me wonder what they do speak) and out dated forms that are no longer accepted :no:

Besides that, they state they want an affidavit of support but don't list which of the three available they will take.

so, sorry for the vent :innocent: do I contact the NVC?? what do I ask for?? why?? do I send them the choice of agent form?? what do they send to my fiance?? and sorry, yes this is for K1 :D

Thank very much,

P.S. after waiting 146 days for the NOA2 ... I want to try to get this ball rolling :thumbs:

John for K1 you don't go through the choice of agent process. Once your petition is approved it is forwarded to the NVC where it will be processed and given another case number, you should receive a letter from them stating this. Then it is forwarded to the Consulate from there. As for the documents, it does depend a whole lot on the Consulate you are dealing with, but there are some things that most everyone has to send to the beneficiary. Have you tried contacting the Consulate that you are going to be dealing with? Do they have an email address? If they do I would try contacting them and asking them what documents they require for the interview. Just as an example I am going to post what I sent to my fiance recently, but this is for the South Korea Embassy.

FOR EXAMPLE ONLY

• Page 1 – NOA1, NOA2, Letter from NVC and copies

• Page 2 – Updated Fiance letter of Intent and copy

• Page 3 – Original Fiance letter of Intent and copy

• Page 4 – Petitioner Affidavit of Meeting and copy

• Page 5 – Beneficiary Affidavit of Meeting and Letter of Intent and copy

• Page 6 – – Proof of Meeting within 2 years – Beneficiary’s Trip

documents to USA, Itenary, Boarding Passes, Copy of Passport

Stamps

• Page 7 – Copies of Emails to and from each other

• Page 8 – Greetings Cards sent to Beneficiary from Petitioner

• Page 9 – Phone Records – Yahoo Voice records

• Page 10 – Yahoo Chat Transcripts

• Page 11 – Pictures of us together on Zaeems trip to America to

see me

• Page 12 – Wedding Details

• Page 13 – Engagement ring Details

• Page 14 –Copy of 1st I-129F Petition Copies filed, NOA1, NOA2, letter from NVC

• Page 15 –Copy of Current I-129F Petition Copies filed, and G-325A

forms for Petitioner and Beneficiary

• Page 16 – Petitioner’s original Birth Certificate, Marriage

Certificate and Divorce Decree

• Page 17 – Beneficiary’s Academic Documents, Diplomas and

Certificates

Affidavit of Support - I-134, paystubs, bank statements, letter from employer, letter from bank, and tax returns.

Remember, your consulate may want totally different documents, such as the Affidavit of Support, so you really need to get in contact with them somehow to find out exactly what they want. Hope this helps you some.

~Stacey

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

OK, the NVC is nothing to do with you. As a K-1, your petition will pass through there in less than one week (not less than one week from today--it can take as much as a month for it to get TO the NVC). They do whatever they do and forward the petition to the Consulate.

You can find out what is in "packet three" (no longer called that anywhere but here) elsewhere online---it is fundamentally the same everywhere for a K visa.

You will always use the I-134 for a K visa to meet the public charge provisions. I'd recommend that you collect the most conservative package--three years of tax transcripts, W-2s, employer letter, plenty of pay stubs.

I found this post at another good group: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread....dor#post1138566

You may want to find out the steps for finding out when your petition gets to the Consulate, so you can contact them directly about your case.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

OK, the NVC is nothing to do with you. As a K-1, your petition will pass through there in less than one week (not less than one week from today--it can take as much as a month for it to get TO the NVC). They do whatever they do and forward the petition to the Consulate.

Just to mention, your K1 can stay at the NVC for up to a month or more depending on how long the processing takes, I was expecting a week at the NVC because that is what everyone was saying and it ended up staying there a month, just wanted to let you know, just in case that should happen.

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Timeline

John,

There's nothing "official" about the VJ guides. They are, as meauxna wrote, a collection of tips gathered by a few people who stayed involved with marriage-based immigration discussion groups long enough to learn of the personal experiences of many people. Much of the material was put together a relatively long time ago, which means that some of it is no longer as meaningful as it might once have been, the reasons for some things have been forgotten, and some things may no longer be accurate.

The reason for sending a complete copy of the I-129f submission to the alien fiance(e) is so that they will know - if they study the submission - everything that has been put on the record by the USC fiance(e). Some consulates that are high-fraud posts can ask some pretty detailed questions.

The reason for sending the original of documents that were submitted as photocopies is that an immigration or consular official can, at any time, ask to see the original of a photocopied document to verify the the photocopy (photocopies are incredibly easy to forge or alter these days). The visa interview (and the adjustment interview) are convenient places to spot check documents, and consular officers often do so.

As an aside, a birth certificate is the preferred document for documenting a petitioner's US citizenship (for a citizen by birth), and as long as a birth record exists certified copies of the birth record are easily obtainable (i.e. losing one to an unreliable mail system is no big deal.)

Yodrak

Okay--so the Noa2's may not be coming in a torrent quite yet but methinks we are headed that way--no?

That means a BUNCH of us are asking--'Whut now?'

John in SC

lt&gh,

With regard to mailings from the NVC, you need to read more carefully and learn to distinguish between situations that are like your own and those that are different and do not apply to you.

After you've been there and gotten the T-shirt, VJ can count on you to add to the record of experience for the consular section in Guayaquil?

Yodrak

I have a question though, the guides don't say exactly what is the next step...or maybe im just lame

is there any way to get the NVC to send the packet 3 or 4 whatever they send to me?

my isue is that the embassy in my future is Guayaquil, Ecuador...here on VJ there is only one rcord for that embassy and it's outdated I've been like a "dog on a bone" at the embassy website for the past 3 days and only find myself more confused by there bad spanglish, poor spanish (makes me wonder what they do speak) and out dated forms that are no longer accepted

so, sorry for the vent do I contact the NVC?? what do I ask for?? why?? do I send them the choice of agent form?? what do they send to my fiance?? and sorry, yes this is for K1

Thank very much,

P.S. after waiting 146 days for the NOA2 ... I want to try to get this ball rolling

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.