alibaba16

What now? After POE what do we need?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Israel
Timeline

So my husband is finally on his way and will be here in a couple of days. He has the (unopened) envelope to give whoever at immigration and a stamp in his passport. What will we need to do next to get his official green card and social security number? I'm also wondering when the best time to change our address will be. I just recently moved back to the US so during the whole visa application process we used my parents address. When would be the most convenient time to change that?

Any tips?..not really sure what comes next and what hassles to anticipate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Happy to help.He should simply give them your current address at the POE.A whole lot of things is determined at the POE, so no big deal.If the SSN didnt show up at your home address after 2weeks of his arrival, you guys should go to the nearest Social security office to apply for one.The greencard will automatically come to the address he gives at POE.I hope it helps.Best of Luck!

Citizenship window opens since October 26th 2013...
CITIZENSHIP Track:
Eligibility Criteria: 3 years
10-26-2013: Eligibility Date
12-06-2013:Application Sent
12-09-2013: Application Received and Priority Date
12-11-2013: Check Cashed
12-18-2013: Bio-metric Letter sent Date
01-07-2014: Bio-metric Date
01-07-2014: In-line for Interview
05-07-2014: Interview Letter Received
06-09-2014: Interview Passed
07-18-2014: Oath Ceremony
Naturalized as a US citizen!!!

Visa Journey officially Over on 07/18/2014

Glory be to the Lord the giver of all things

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.