Sameh'sHabibi

Wondering what is our best option......

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Salaam Everyone! Just wanted to throw a question out to get some opinions. My fiance lives in Egypt. He has been saving money and planning for years to travel overseas to finish his Masters Degree, even before we met. He had his choices (now that he is finally ready to pay for it all!) narrowed down to France, UK, or USA. Because I am here in the US, he would really like to just come study here to make it easier on all parties involved. He would be here about 2 or maybe 3 years, then we plan to relocate permanently back to Cairo. Do we even need to bother with all the K1 or CR1 mess (because it IS a mess! I have been watching so many people in their long and frustrating journeys!) since he doesn't need/want a green card? Is just doing a student visa his best bet? Also, does the fact that he is engaged to a USC blow his chances of getting a student visa anyways? What do y'all think about the situation?

Met online March 2011

Met in Egypt July 2011

2nd visit to Egypt September 2011

3rd visit to Egypt December 2011

``````````````````````````````````

Entered F-1 visa December 2011

Started classes January 2012

Married in USA April 2012

July 2012 - we're pregnant!!

Our family is set to grow by 1 girl on 02/20/13

AOS (I-130/I-485/I-765) sent via FedEx 08/16/12

Package delivered with signature 08/17/12

USCIS acceptance email & text NOA1 08/21/12

RFE on I-485 09/01/12

Biometrics completed 09/13/12

Paper interview notice received 10/09/12 - Interview date 11/08/12

EAD card production on USCIS website 10/19/12

EAD in hand 10/27/12

Interview 11/08/12 - Approved!!

Green Card in hand 11/19/12

Removal of conditions 11/2014

The road to success is full of flat squirrels who couldn't make up their minds.

Filed: Timeline

Student would be best, but i would not offer the information he has a fiance in the U.S.A. or they will think you are using the student visa as a easy way to get him a greencard. And he would be denied.

Salaam Everyone! Just wanted to throw a question out to get some opinions. My fiance lives in Egypt. He has been saving money and planning for years to travel overseas to finish his Masters Degree, even before we met. He had his choices (now that he is finally ready to pay for it all!) narrowed down to France, UK, or USA. Because I am here in the US, he would really like to just come study here to make it easier on all parties involved. He would be here about 2 or maybe 3 years, then we plan to relocate permanently back to Cairo. Do we even need to bother with all the K1 or CR1 mess (because it IS a mess! I have been watching so many people in their long and frustrating journeys!) since he doesn't need/want a green card? Is just doing a student visa his best bet? Also, does the fact that he is engaged to a USC blow his chances of getting a student visa anyways? What do y'all think about the situation?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello its me hany im from egypt and now im in us i have been here one month ,,, well i like to say let him choose k1 visa he already want to say here 3 years right ?so let him chooes k1 visa he will come here fast that if u have good info about ur reletionship then after he come here he must get his ss office u will not pay for that then marry u in courthouse for marraige license then he will pay for that $80 then wait untill they send u in ur home ur marraige cert. that what im waiting for now ,,,,, then for aos and he will pay for that about $1070 and after 3 or 4 month he will get his greencard the n he can go back to egypt and come to us with his green card then u said he want to stay here 3 years he can stay 3 and half years he will be us citizen well here we can say he is student and us citizen in 3 years and some months right ? u tell him god with u and good luck brother and hope he come to u soooooon bye bye

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

I don't think he wants to be a us citizen. They want to go back to egypt, their home country. I think that's smart, there is a lot of good an educated man/woman can do over there.

Edited by AMP

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

He does want to go back to Egypt, and soon. I can't wait to move there. I have completely fallen in love with Cairo. :) I don't even begin to know where to start as far as finding work there, though. Everyone tells me I need to arrange that beforehand so my salary is better and in USD. Where would I start? I am a critical care/ cardiac nurse BTW.

I don't think he wants to be a us citizen. They want to go back to egypt, their home country. I think that's smart, there is a lot of good an educated man/woman can do over there.

He does want to go back to Egypt, and soon. I can't wait to move there. I have completely fallen in love with Cairo. :) I don't even begin to know where to start as far as finding work there, though. Everyone tells me I need to arrange that beforehand so my salary is better and in USD. Where would I start? I am a critical care/ cardiac nurse BTW.

Met online March 2011

Met in Egypt July 2011

2nd visit to Egypt September 2011

3rd visit to Egypt December 2011

Entered F-1 visa December 2011

Started classes January 2012

Married in USA April 2012

July 2012 - we're pregnant!!

Our family is set to grow by 1 girl on 02/20/13

AOS (I-130/I-485/I-765) sent via FedEx 08/16/12

Package delivered with signature 08/17/12

USCIS acceptance email & text NOA1 08/21/12

RFE on I-485 09/01/12

Biometrics completed 09/13/12

Paper interview notice received 10/09/12 - Interview date 11/08/12

EAD card production on USCIS website 10/19/12

EAD in hand 10/27/12

Interview 11/08/12 - Approved!!

Green Card in hand 11/19/12

Removal of conditions 11/2014

The road to success is full of flat squirrels who couldn't make up their minds.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

I don't think you would have a hard time finding a job there, with your credentials. Do you speak aribic? I would also try and find a egyption community in your area, great place to network and they might know a few doctors back home, and then in no time you have a job.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.