SamS

Stalled in Guangzhou

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So here's our story... My fiancee and I have had very good luck with our K-1 application so far, with our P-2 arriving just 67 days after our P-1. We simply flew thru the NVC and our case was sent to Guangzhou on August 19th. Now we seem to be stuck in limbo... I've used the method listed on VJ to find our likely package tracking via DHL and from what I can see, that package has been delivered. However, repeated emails to GUZ produce nothing but claims that they haven't received our paperwork yet. I'm very frustrated right now seeing many people getting their P-3's within a week from being sent from the NVC. Is there anyone else in this same situation? Does any one know if GUZ is stalled right now for K-1 visas? I'm also curious whether I might be able to get further answers from the Department of State. I'm not sure whether they would be able to answer questions about GUZ, but I'm willing to try anything at this point. I'm confident we will pass our interview with no problems, but I need to have an interview scheduled first...

Thx for help fellow VJers

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I'm not sure what P-1 and P-2 are but cases can take over a month to get to GUZ from NVC. Some go fast and some don't; not much of a pattern that I can see. You should be calling DOS.

DOS-Department of State:

1-202-663-1225

Press 1 for the Main Menu

Press 4 for Foreigners Applying To Come To the US

Press 2 for Immigrant Visas

Press 3 for Family or Employer Based Visas

Press 2 for Fiance(e) visas

Press 0 for an Operator

Don't waste your time tracking phantom packages sent by DHL. I wasted 30 days doing that.

Edited by Operator

Timeline

Good advice. I've been a bit skeptical about the whole "DHL tracking" thing. There's no way to know exactly when your package was sent or whether the package you are tracking has anything to do with your case. So I guess I will call the DOS and see what they can do for us. I think both my fiancee and myself wouldn't mind waiting if we knew the status of our case. It's all the uncertainty that's driving us crazy...

Thanks Operator....

Timeline

I had DOS on speed dial up until this week. Set up a schedule to call them. I usually called them on Tuesday and Thursday. Call in the morning if you can the waits can get long.

When they tell you that P3 has been sent you can send the information before she gets the package.

Check this out http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/GUZ_P3_Shortcut

Timeline

Yes, we've both seen the GUZ shortcut with the P-3. I will call them this Thursday and start working that route. We've both been hesitant to go this route because we weren't sure what they could tell us about a case in GUZ. But since they are in charge of the overseas embassy's, I guess that's a good way to go. Thanks again.

SamS

P.S. P-1 and P-2 are NOA1 and NOA2 respectively...

Congratulations, by the way...

Timeline

Sam;

My fiancee are in the same boat as you and yours. I have been tracking a DHL package that has been in "Customs Delay" for one month now. It is stuck in Guangzhou and has not yet been delivered. Look at my profile and you can see my posts about the frustration.

Jie and I have just resolved to be patient and know it will happen when it happens.

Good luck and if you have any questions let me know.

Russ

April 4th, 2011 Sent in I-129F

April 5th, 2011 I-129F received

July 5th, 2011 RFE

July 8th, 2011 RFE Reply

July 11th, 2011 NOA2!

Timeline

Sam;

My fiancee are in the same boat as you and yours. I have been tracking a DHL package that has been in "Customs Delay" for one month now. It is stuck in Guangzhou and has not yet been delivered. Look at my profile and you can see my posts about the frustration.

Jie and I have just resolved to be patient and know it will happen when it happens.

Good luck and if you have any questions let me know.

Russ

Russ,

It's good to be patient but I found calling DOS was very helpful for us. It's how I found out her P3 was sent to the wrong address while all the time I thought the petition was still in a clearance delay because I was looking at the DHL website every 5 minutes.

Good luck to you!

Timeline

And my problem is that DHL shows the package has been delivered. There's a bit of a discrepancy as to when the package was actually sent from the NVC, but on the most likely date it shows the package as having been delivered to GUZ. As I said, GUZ says they don't have our package. Needless to say, we're both frustrated as well. I will call the DOS this Thursday and report back what I find out.

I knew I would find someone in the same situation as us. I'll keep an eye on your case as we can use all the encouragement as we can get.

Thx...

Timeline

Hi S&E,

It’s good to know there is someone in exactly the same boat as us. We received our P-2 on the 8th and our package was sent to GUZ on the 19th as well. Have you checked the DHL tracking yet? When I check it, it shows the package sent on the 19th as being delivered. For Russ and Jie, their package still says it’s stuck in customs. So why there is that discrepancy, I don’t know. We are getting very impatient as well. The most frustrating part is not knowing the reason for the hold up. Anyway, it’s good to know there’s someone on exactly the same schedule as we are. I will keep an eye on your case with interest and watch for updates. With any luck, we will both get something by the end of the month. We’re hoping, at least.

Best of luck!

Timeline

I didn't use the DHL tracking. From what I read, that really just a guess on which package contains my case. I rather keep emailing GUZ or call DOS for my case status.

Yeah, let's hope that they receive our cases before end of this month.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Just an update. Called today Oct 5th and was told that P3 was sent out on Sep 30th. I wasn't thinking they will process it before the long National Day holidays (Oct 1st - Oct 5th). Yay....

Our file was send out according to NVC on 8/12/11 - Called Guangzhou consulate 2 weeks ago and said they have not received it. Checked with NVC again this week and they said have been sent. its been almost 2 months now. Waiting is painful

Timeline

Our file was send out according to NVC on 8/12/11 - Called Guangzhou consulate 2 weeks ago and said they have not received it. Checked with NVC again this week and they said have been sent. its been almost 2 months now. Waiting is painful

Hope GUZ will process it soon. Mine took 1 1/2 months. Good luck!

Oh, you should be calling DOS for the case status. NVC won't tell you anything after it was sent.

Edited by S&E

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.