Ash&Dave

Can't find an interview date at Montreal

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys,

We've been looking online at usvisa-info.com for about 5 weeks now, but I haven't been able to see any openeings yet. I'm beginning to think that this is some sort of a scheme to delay things as Montreal try to catch up to whatever the hell they're doing. I still can't understand why can't they just assign us (k1 visas) a date along with the packet 4. I mean it could even be a couple months out but at least we won't have to deal with this ridiculous online system. I've been spedning coutless hours just refreshing the page to see if anything opens up.

So I'm trying to figure out if you guys are also having issues or am I just a complete idiot for not being able to do it??

These are the steps I'm following on the usvisa-info.com site (Please feel free to let me know if I should do anything differently)

1- I log into the system

2- From the applicant summary page, I click on "Schedule Appointments" under what would you like to do

3- I click on Canadian Citizen option, Immigrant Visas (as K1 is considered immigrant visa by the folks at the embassy)

4- Then I click on "Permanently Immigrate to the United States (Ready to Schedule)" Option

5- Montreal is pre-selected under consulates, I hit submit.

5- Then click continue which takes us to the appointment info page that says "There are no available appointments at this time."

I don't even see the calander. I'm assuming it'll only show if anything is available. Also, I can't pay the fee online either..I have read couple of weeks ago somewhere on VJ that you've gotta go pass that calander and all that stuff first in order to get to the payment page (unless of course you wanna pay over the phone). So I'm thinking I'll just pay when a date opens up, or I even have the option to pay at the interview.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this absolutely bizarre situation!

Thanks,

Ash&Dave

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There are MANY people in the Canada forum talking about this. Please go to the Canada forum and view the 3 posts on this issue.

It has been said that there will be no open appointments until November.

You cannot find an interview date because there are no appointments open to book for.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Ash and Dave. We are having the same problem. Have been trying for 5 weeks. A lot of time wasted when you do not know if and when appointment

slots will be opened.I have written the Ambassador, my Congressman, and the consulate. They all say keep trying.We try in the evening,morning,afternoon and late at nite with nothing available. I agree, why do they not assign an appointment when they issue the

Packet 4???????? I wish somebody could tell us when they post slots!!!! Good Luck to us both!!

John and Jessica

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ash and Dave. We are having the same problem. Have been trying for 5 weeks. A lot of time wasted when you do not know if and when appointment

slots will be opened.I have written the Ambassador, my Congressman, and the consulate. They all say keep trying.We try in the evening,morning,afternoon and late at nite with nothing available. I agree, why do they not assign an appointment when they issue the

Packet 4???????? I wish somebody could tell us when they post slots!!!! Good Luck to us both!!

John and Jessica

They used to book interview appointments for k-1 applicants and it was the SAME way. You sat and waited and didn't know when you would get the appointment letter in the mail. You would wait 5 weeks or more or less it was all over the place. No one could tell you when.

Posts in the Canada thread have already stated they may not open any appointments till November.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Thanks guys for all your wonderful responses.

Unfortunately we're all pretty much in the same boat. Also, my I 129 F is set to expire on Oct 4th. So about 3 weeks from now, I'm assuming they will just extend the expiration date as the case hasn't been finalized yet.

Does anyone know if I need to do anything in regards to that, I've told that Montreal would automatically take care of it!

Timeline

For anyone watching this thread.. there are appointments open in Montreal now for October and November!!

Hi ShirleyAnn, I can't believe I stepped out for about 3 hours (doctors appointment for this afternoon) right after posting my response at around 12 pm EST and apparently that's when they made them available :( I wish I had read your message sooner.

ANyways, I've been refreshing eversince I got back, but I guess everything has been taken. Can you please tell me how many dates did you see? Does it only show you the next available appointment or can you see the calander right off the bat?

Also, were you guys only refreshing the Applicant Summary page or do you click through the menu options every time on usvisa-info.com!

I'd really appreciate your response!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.