habibi83

I-130 Cairo - Spouse

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm a US citizen, currently living in USA. My husband is egyptian; living in Egypt. Our timeline:

We got married one year ago in Egypt after that i returned back to USA and started to file paperwork for him to come and live with me in the US.

Sept.15, 2010-married in Cairo, Egypt :)

Nov,2010-both I-130 and I-129 filed by lawyer and submitted to lockbox in chicago.(fees paid)

Dec.1,2010-priority notice recieved for both; filed processed at California center

May 23,2011-both I-130 & I-129 APPROVED! :)(verbal notification from NVC)

-waiting for a written notice to be mailed to lawyer-

June 9,2011-notice recieved; I-864 fees paid online & affidavit of support filed;

July 16,2011-additional docs needed(my husband sends his biometric form and other support docs to NVC)

Aug 5, 2011-final review of file at NVC-file completed-next step waiting for an interview in Cairo

this is our timeline...and i am becoming very frustrated; has anyone recently got an interview in Cairo???? Can someone give me an idea of how long is a wait time realistically for the interview in Cairo. It looks like the revolution in Jan. might have caused some delay. I lot of you are from Egypt can someone share there time line with me. It has been almost a year since i filed papers for my husband. The immigration lawyer i work/worked with told me congratulations after we got the aproval in May and that my husband should be in usa in 2-3 months. ??? I don't know how he assumed that since it's already Sept and we are praying to get an interview. I'm disappointed with the lawyer and would like someone that has recently brought their spouse from Egypt to tell me how long it took, please???

You'll probably find what you need in this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/315664-nvc-cairo-embassy-ir-1cr-1/

USCIS: CR-1 Visa @ Vermont Service Center (Approved in 140 days from NOA1)

03/07/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

03/14/11: NOA1 via text and email (03/21/11: in the mail); petition routed to VSC

07/27/11: NOA2 via text and email (07/30/11: received in the mail)

08/01/11: Case received at NVC

09/19/11: Case complete and forwarded to consulate

10/19/11: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

11/18/11: POE

12/12/11: 2- year Green Card arrives in the mail

12/22/11: Applied for SSN at local office

12/26/11: SSN arrives in the mail

08/20/13: ROC window opens

10/03/13: I-751 package sent to Vermont Service Center

10/05/13: I-751 Delivered (Signed for by Karen Fitzgerald)

10/09/13: Check cleared bank account

10/11/13: NOA1 received (dated 10/07/13)

10/19/13: Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 10/16/13)

11/12/13: Biometrics appointment in Buffalo, NY

11/15/13: Case transferred to CSC

03/04/14: USCIS case status update: Card/Document Production (i.e. APPROVED!!!)

03/07/14: USCIS case status update: Green Card in the postal system; tracking number

03/08/14: Approval notice arrives in the mail (dated 03/04/2014; USCIS Office: Buffalo, NY)

03/10/14: 10-year Green Card arrives in the mail

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am so sorry, I know it's got to be terribly frustrating going through this wait and not having any idea when something might change. Unfortunately there are still many people waiting and praying for interview dates at the Cairo embassy. It seems the embassy is still experiencing a backlog and interview dates are just trickling out to those waiting for them. I'm sure you'll hear some feedback from the members here who are still waiting...

The worst part here is that your lawyer would even make the comment that your husband should be here in 2-3 months. Once your husband has gone through his interview and been approved (making the assumption that he's approved), there is still the possibility that he will undergo lengthy AP (administrative processing). There is absolutely NO way to predict whether he will or not. No lawyer, no matter who he is or how many cases he's helped process, can make that kind of claim with any real authority given the fact that a great many Egyptian men are approved at the interview stage and then have to wait another period of time ranging from days to months to a year or more (this is extreme, but it's *possible*) after approval to get their visas.

Again I'm really very sorry. :( Hang in there, you've found a place where you'll find lots of moral support. Take care.

Passing harsh judgment on those you don't know says nothing of the judged and everything of the judge.

Timeline

Looks like (judging by the thread posted by Caly) interviews are taking about 6 months to get still... So that puts you in February unless things speed up. Here's hoping that things start moving faster. This whole thing takes so freaking long. We're all here to support each other, though. Feel free to vent, you're sure to find some sympathetic ears here.

Passing harsh judgment on those you don't know says nothing of the judged and everything of the judge.

Timeline

Ive looked at the interviews that are happening in Sept and Oct and they finished NVC back in March and April, so its a 5 to 6 month wait right now. Sorry I know this isnt good news, but hopefully they can play catchup and get some more interviews in....good luck. The patience you are gaining now will only come in handy later.....its all a stressful process.

Timeline

This is just really hard to believe that people are waiting so long for the interview. I really feel that my husband will get one soon. We have been waiting for so long already and this is difficult for both of us. We do have a lawyer on file so that should make somewhat of a difference; i was told cases handled by attorney have a priority. We both are the same age( in late 20's), this is first and only marriage for both of us, no children, no criminal record, clean case. I pray to Jesus, and strongly believe that I will see my husband in the States before the end of this year.

Edited by habibi83

Timeline

I pray that you get an interview soon. I would really appreciate if you stick around and keep us informed. I am engaged, planning on getting married and filing for CR1, but have not yet started the process myself. It would help me to know whether having an attorney does give you an advantage as far as processing and waiting times. Also wondering if it'll make a difference in the dreaded AP stage. The shorter the wait, the better... I don't care if it costs me the extra expense of hiring a lawyer.

Hang in there.

Also, you might try posting something in the MENA regional forum to get more specific responses from people familiar with procedures in the region.

Edited by LongRoadHome

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I pray that you get an interview soon. I would really appreciate if you stick around and keep us informed. I am engaged, planning on getting married and filing for CR1, but have not yet started the process myself. It would help me to know whether having an attorney does give you an advantage as far as processing and waiting times. Also wondering if it'll make a difference in the dreaded AP stage. The shorter the wait, the better... I don't care if it costs me the extra expense of hiring a lawyer.

Hang in there.

Also, you might try posting something in the MENA regional forum to get more specific responses from people familiar with procedures in the region.

To answer most questions, statistically K1 is quicker. The reason for that, for a spousal visa you undergo a harder interview because you get a greencard on entry into the US. So you need to show proof of relationship to a greater degree than a fiancee visa. A fiancee visa requires AOS after marriage. A GC is only given after further paperwork is file and further proof of relationship given. There again, a CR1 is cheaper. This said, save attorney fees. Hiring a lawyer does NOT expedite the process. If a lawyer tells you that, s/he is lying. Now, the lawyer may be able to help if there are any bumps along the road (RFE, etc.) but the length of this process is based on your particular case. My advice is to raed all the required documents and instructions carefully. Assemble all the items and do it yourself. It requires time, organizational skills and common sense. You sound like you have a lot of that and much more :)

Good luck and feel free to email us if you have any questions or are in need of support.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

I do not think having a lawyer gives you any priority....Ive seen many petitions without a lawyer move quick and some slow....vice versa. You are looking at the wait right now due to the revolution that shut the embassy down for the extended period of time. A lawyer only takes your info, checks it and sends it to the same places we do (those who didnt use one). Its the same process. It helps if you have a complicated case that you might need the advice of a lawyer. Either way good luck and hopefully you will hear something soon...unfortunately we've all had to wait for our spouses and fiancees, when we would have preferred to have them with us during this wait. Good luck and keep us posted of your progress. I hope things will start moving smoother for Cairo. :D

Timeline

Thank you for replies. Oh...I will find out next week if we have an interview set...The NVC schedules interviews once a month, during the second week of the month only. So right now they are in the process of setting up interviews for the month of Oct. The scheduling should finish by Friday. Sept.15th will be out one year anniversary. Things are starting to get little frustrating with this whole process...oh. the only thing left to do is wait, wait and wait.

Timeline

The NVC has been know to give you the scheduled date anytime of the month. It happened to me a longgg time ago.

Just keep calling NVC to see if interview date. The embassy is the one who informs NVC of open interview dates.

Best wishes, i hope the waiting for interview time is easier when its our turn.

Best wishes all.

Beth

Timeline

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Thank you for replies. Oh...I will find out next week if we have an interview set...The NVC schedules interviews once a month, during the second week of the month only. So right now they are in the process of setting up interviews for the month of Oct. The scheduling should finish by Friday. Sept.15th will be out one year anniversary. Things are starting to get little frustrating with this whole process...oh. the only thing left to do is wait, wait and wait.

hello everyone!!!! I am super excited my husband finally got his interview scheduled for next month!!!!!! After such a long wait time it looks like cairo is starting to speed things up!! Great job!!! Congratulations to all on ur interview dates:)))))) and to those waiting just hang in there it will happen...:) Thank you God:) finally

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Congrats!!!

Married July 16th

NOA1- August 19th

Touch - August 24th

NOA2 - Feb 27th - Praise the Lord!!!!!!!

3/05/12 --- NVC Received CaseFile

3/20/12 --- NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued

3/20/12 --- Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

3/22/12 --- AOS FEE BILL PAID ONLINE &

3/26/12 --- AOS Fee Bill Marked Paid []

3/22/12 --- AOS CoverSheets Generated &

3/26/12 --- AOS packet sent

3/27/12 --- DS-3032 Accepted

3/28/12 --- AOS Packet Delivered @ NVC 10:30AM

3/28/12 --- IV Fee Bill Showing as 'Payable' []

3/28/12 --- IV FEE BILL PAID ONLINE &

3/29/12 --- IV Fee Bill marked as PAID []

3/29/12 --- IV CoverSheets Generated &

3/30/12 --- AOS Packet Accepted

4/02/12 --- IV packet sent +

4/03/12 --- IV packet recevied

4/06/12 --- NVC reports 'Case Completed' *

4/10/12 --- Interview Date Set *

4/10/12 --- Appointment Letter Received via Email

Interview Date - MAY 3RD

Medical Scheduled - April 25th

event.png

event.png

"We've come this far by faith"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.