ManilatoSeattle

Under AP (Administrative Process)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Need help. I did my interview Aug 9,2011 the Consul had more questions regarding security name check that gave them a Red flag. The consul asked me to come back on another interview Aug 11,2011 she had more questions that took us 3 hours of talking blah blah blah. Then told me that my files need to be put under AP they kept my passport and asked me to call them up after two weeks I did call them but they said it was still under further review status... My kids are with my fiance and they are only 5 and 6 years old it is causing us financial and emotional strain especially to my kids. Please advice if there is anyway I can ask the embassy to see an action regarding my case... Thank you

"Great thing happens for those who waits"

Timeline

Need help. I did my interview Aug 9,2011 the Consul had more questions regarding security name check that gave them a Red flag. The consul asked me to come back on another interview Aug 11,2011 she had more questions that took us 3 hours of talking blah blah blah. Then told me that my files need to be put under AP they kept my passport and asked me to call them up after two weeks I did call them but they said it was still under further review status... My kids are with my fiance and they are only 5 and 6 years old it is causing us financial and emotional strain especially to my kids. Please advice if there is anyway I can ask the embassy to see an action regarding my case... Thank you

Hi was there something wrong with your papers? did you ask the CO about why your fiancee went to security name check or anything needs more to be submitted to the USEM. But our only concern for this situation is to ask help from your senator in your place so that the AP will be cleared at once, and your visa will be released. God Bless you both and your kids.

Timeline

Hi was there something wrong with your papers? did you ask the CO about why your fiancee went to security name check or anything needs more to be submitted to the USEM. But our only concern for this situation is to ask help from your senator in your place so that the AP will be cleared at once, and your visa will be released. God Bless you both and your kids.

They said they need to do another review because there is a link on the net that kinda SCAM and his name was there but we are 100% that that info is all false and he is never arrested in manila...

Thank u

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

My fiancée also put in to AP for the last three weeks at another USE. I contacted them and the only answer I got is “wait at least 4 weeks.” I also ask them if there is anything that I can do to facilitate the review; their answer was to call them if they took too long. I hope I will call them again. It is so frustrating to wait at the embassy after waiting that much long during the process. There is nothing that we can do.

I wish you a Good Luck

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

The Embassy likely won't tell you the details of their review. You'll just have to wait until they are finished. Their review could take a few weeks, or it could take a few months. The good news is that they have your passport, which is a good sign. Good luck! :star:

Timeline

My fiancée also put in to AP for the last three weeks at another USE. I contacted them and the only answer I got is “wait at least 4 weeks.” I also ask them if there is anything that I can do to facilitate the review; their answer was to call them if they took too long. I hope I will call them again. It is so frustrating to wait at the embassy after waiting that much long during the process. There is nothing that we can do.

I wish you a Good Luck

I'm sorry about your case too.... It is really frustrating because we don't know what really the problem is. Good luck!

The Embassy likely won't tell you the details of their review. You'll just have to wait until they are finished. Their review could take a few weeks, or it could take a few months. The good news is that they have your passport, which is a good sign. Good luck! :star:

Thank you Tahoma!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi..i also did my interview last aug.9, 2009. The interview went well..the CO didnt ask for any additional documents from us and she just ask me few questions about my fiance, his work, how i met him,when is the last time i saw him and thats it!It was a quick interview lasted for just less than 10 mins.or so.. After the interview the Consul just told me to wait for my number to be called on window 72 or 73. At the releasing window.. they kept my passport and told me to just wait for my visa and passport to arrive. I asked the girl how long will it take..and she said that they dont give specific date and time on when you will receive your visa and passport. Its more than a month now.. thats why me and my fiance are anxious about our application.. We tried to call the embassy almost every other day..and they just gave me the same answer.. "its still on the process and its a case-case basis".. I went back to USE this afternoon to personally check the real status of my visa. They let me come in, i went to the ticket booth for my number that will be called at window 38. I went to window 38 and inquire for the status of my visa, and the lady told me that its still on the process ( the same answer! ) I asked the lady what kind of process my visa is going into specifically..is it AP? and she told me yes! its stil under AP, i asked the lady why? coz upon the interview the CO didnt told me that it will be under AP she didnt even ask for any additional or supporting documents from us!.. I also asked her how long will it take and she told me "maybe two weeks"! we'll never know!! and all i need to do is to wait!. We're so anxious about this.. and were getting frustated already.. The big question i have in mind is that what seems to be the reason why I put under AP :( Im so worried that it might need us to wait for months or years before we get our visa approved. :(

Timeline

Hi..i also did my interview last aug.9, 2009. The interview went well..the CO didnt ask for any additional documents from us and she just ask me few questions about my fiance, his work, how i met him,when is the last time i saw him and thats it!It was a quick interview lasted for just less than 10 mins.or so.. After the interview the Consul just told me to wait for my number to be called on window 72 or 73. At the releasing window.. they kept my passport and told me to just wait for my visa and passport to arrive. I asked the girl how long will it take..and she said that they dont give specific date and time on when you will receive your visa and passport. Its more than a month now.. thats why me and my fiance are anxious about our application.. We tried to call the embassy almost every other day..and they just gave me the same answer.. "its still on the process and its a case-case basis".. I went back to USE this afternoon to personally check the real status of my visa. They let me come in, i went to the ticket booth for my number that will be called at window 38. I went to window 38 and inquire for the status of my visa, and the lady told me that its still on the process ( the same answer! ) I asked the lady what kind of process my visa is going into specifically..is it AP? and she told me yes! its stil under AP, i asked the lady why? coz upon the interview the CO didnt told me that it will be under AP she didnt even ask for any additional or supporting documents from us!.. I also asked her how long will it take and she told me "maybe two weeks"! we'll never know!! and all i need to do is to wait!. We're so anxious about this.. and were getting frustated already.. The big question i have in mind is that what seems to be the reason why I put under AP :( Im so worried that it might need us to wait for months or years before we get our visa approved. :(

Hi, I feel for you... but that's too bad that they did not tell you on the same day that you were under AP... God bless.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.