Keith & Xiang

P4 DS-230 Item #19 question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Qiuxiang (my very beautiful fiancee) has recently received packet #4. I need help with question #19 on the form "List Names, Dates and places of Birth, and Addresses of ALL Children".

Do we input her daughter's information there (she will be accompanying my fiancee) or do they want my fiancee's entire family there (brothers, sisters), what are they wanting?

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

2005-07-20 Sent Xiang first email

2005-11-19 Met Xiang in Nanning

2005-11-25 Asked for Xiang's hand in marriage

2006-02-21 Date I-129F Sent

2006-02-24 Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2006-03-15 Applied for Emergency Expedite

2006-04-03 Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2006-04-25 Date packet was sent from NVC to Guangzhou, China

2006-07-07 Date Xiang recieved Packet #3 from Guangzhou, China

2006-07-08 Date Xiang sent Packet #3 to the U.S. Consulate

2006-07-27 Date Xiang recieved request for biographical information on our daughter

2006-07-27 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate

2006-08-17 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate, again!

2006-08-21 Date Xiang called, faxed and mailed the U.S. Consulate the biographical information

2006-08-22 Email from the U.S. Consulate, they FINALLY received the G-325A form for our daughter!

2006-08-22 Waiting patiently for Packet #4 to arrive, bring my soulmate to my open arms!!!

2006-08-25 Packet #4 sent out from the U.S. Consulate, in transit to my baby!!!

2006-08-29 11:25pm Email from the U.S. Consulate, the interview date is October 17th!

2006-09-29 Medical examination for Xiang and our daughter Qi. Interview is just around the corner!

2006-10-16 11:15pm VISA APPROVED!!!!

2006-10-29 Xiang and Qi arrived in Detroit, immigrations 2 1/2 hours, finally holding my sweetheart in my arms.

2006-11-05 Exchanging our vows, what a beautiful day for our wedding!

Filed: Timeline
Qiuxiang (my very beautiful fiancee) has recently received packet #4. I need help with question #19 on the form "List Names, Dates and places of Birth, and Addresses of ALL Children".

Do we input her daughter's information there (she will be accompanying my fiancee) or do they want my fiancee's entire family there (brothers, sisters), what are they wanting?

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

Well, it says ALL Children. I think it's pretty self-explanatory.

Edited by devilette

Timeline

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

My question is does this pertain to the children of my fiancee's parents or to the children of my fiancee (the ones that will be coming with her to the United States)? You have to admit that some questions on these forms can be read one way or another. If it was pretty self-explanatory I would not have asked the question as the question doesn't state whether they require the siblings or the children of the fiancee's information there.

Mind you, this is a government form, and being such some questions are not always that simple to answer. Also, as this is the last part of a long journey I don't want to put something there that should not be there, likewise I need to be correct if I am to put something there.

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

2006-07-27 Date Xiang recieved request for biographical information on our daughter

2006-08-17 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate, again!

2006-08-21 Date Xiang called, faxed and mailed the U.S. Consulate the biographical information

2006-08-22 Email from the U.S. Consulate, they FINALLY received the G-325A form for our daughter!

2006-08-22 Waiting patiently for Packet #4 to arrive, bring my soulmate to my open arms!!!

2006-08-29 11:25pm Email from the U.S. Consulate, the interview date is October 17th!

2006-09-29 Medical examination for Xiang and our daughter Qi. Interview is just around the corner!

2006-10-29 Xiang and Qi arrived in Detroit, immigrations 2 1/2 hours, finally holding my sweetheart in my arms.

It means the children of your fiancee.. Nothing to do with her parents..

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline
It means the children of your fiancee.. Nothing to do with her parents..

Thanks Infidel, the reason why this question is confusing is that just above it on page 1 it asks for the fiancee's Father's information and the Mother's information. So from this you can see why question 19 might confuse some, such as myself. We're talking "government forms" here, anything's possible, heck I've been an MP in the military, you should see some of the forms that I've had to deal with.

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

Filed: Timeline

Keith & Xiang,

They ask about the visa applicant's father, then about the mother, then about the children. Seems like a perfectly logical progression.

I've no experience with military forms, but we're not dealing with the military here. Keep your imagination in check and don't make connections that don't exist.

Yodrak

Thanks Infidel, the reason why this question is confusing is that just above it on page 1 it asks for the fiancee's Father's information and the Mother's information. So from this you can see why question 19 might confuse some....

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

Timeline
Keith & Xiang,

They ask about the visa applicant's father, then about the mother, then about the children. Seems like a perfectly logical progression.

I've no experience with military forms, but we're not dealing with the military here. Keep your imagination in check and don't make connections that don't exist.

Yodrak

Thanks Infidel, the reason why this question is confusing is that just above it on page 1 it asks for the fiancee's Father's information and the Mother's information. So from this you can see why question 19 might confuse some....

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

The only reason why I mentioned military forms is because they're designed by the government, much the same as the DS-230 form is, a government form. I didn't have to use my imagination, as you mentioned they ask about the parents information then immediately following ask about ALL the children, not much imagination usage there. The question should have been ask differently, perhaps asking for the information of ALL the children of the fiancee? Like others on this board I'm deathly afraid of making any kind of mistake on any of the forms in fear of not having the right form or the form isn't filled out correctly and them rescheduling the interview, months later mind you. This is the reason for the question, no matter how stupid I may sound in asking it, better to ask a "stupid question" then to have the interview rescheduled.

I'm not sure how far they have to go for security checks, I have had a few done on myself in past years, heck on mine they even asked for information on past neighbors, not for the K visa's though, people don't get me wrong about that, it was for something else. So going through that in the past I'm not really sure what kind of information they want on these forms, this is the first and last time that I will ever need to go through this so this is why I ask.

Thank you for your time, my apologies if I have offended anyone or asked a question that even my pet kitten would have the answer to.

Thanks,

Keith

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

devilette never answers peoples questions ,she only makes smart remarks thats why this website is here .so she can act like a smart ###

My question is does this pertain to the children of my fiancee's parents or to the children of my fiancee (the ones that will be coming with her to the United States)? You have to admit that some questions on these forms can be read one way or another. If it was pretty self-explanatory I would not have asked the question as the question doesn't state whether they require the siblings or the children of the fiancee's information there.

Mind you, this is a government form, and being such some questions are not always that simple to answer. Also, as this is the last part of a long journey I don't want to put something there that should not be there, likewise I need to be correct if I am to put something there.

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

Timeline

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

devilette never answers peoples questions ,she only makes smart remarks thats why this website is here .so she can act like a smart ###

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

Ok, the part above "devilette never answers peoples questions ,she only makes smart remarks thats why this website is here .so she can act like a smart ###" was not written by me or my fiancee. People do come here to ask for assistance so that they can spend a lifetime of bliss with their soulmate. My philisophy on life is that there is never a dumb question, every day brings forth new knowledge.

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.