Ran4jenny

Docs ids and more docs

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can some one tell me the best steps to take to get my Fiancee all the docs she needs. We just got our noa2 and I want the rest of the process to go smooth. For starters will she need a basic ID? She was a student, but is no longer. She didnt have a job and previously never had a need for any ID beyond her student ID. But I think that is invalid since she no longer go to that school. I don't know where to start. But I know she needs the usual. Passport, Cenomar, Birth Cert, and NBI. Oh one thing she does have is Baptismal Cert. I know its not needed but where do I go from here to have all done by the time the case gets to Embassy and I can officially schedule Medical and Interview?

Thanks in Advance!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I used a postal ID as my secondary ID. But it's the passport that is the most important. St Luke's gives back the passports now so she can use it upon entering the embassy.

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Guest fundoctor

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp

go to that website get her cenomar and birth certificate its easy they send them to her pretty quickly (get 1 extra copy of each for keeping)

The NBI is taking a really long time now you better get that right away.

She WILL definately NEED 2 IDS and one will be passport so get her voters ID

Good Luck

Can some one tell me the best steps to take to get my Fiancee all the docs she needs. We just got our noa2 and I want the rest of the process to go smooth. For starters will she need a basic ID? She was a student, but is no longer. She didnt have a job and previously never had a need for any ID beyond her student ID. But I think that is invalid since she no longer go to that school. I don't know where to start. But I know she needs the usual. Passport, Cenomar, Birth Cert, and NBI. Oh one thing she does have is Baptismal Cert. I know its not needed but where do I go from here to have all done by the time the case gets to Embassy and I can officially schedule Medical and Interview?

Thanks in Advance!

Timeline

she could get a voter's ID or a postal ID.

What does she need to do to start that off?

Start with the passport. You better run (and not walk) to get it.

Lol dont tell us that, we already nervous... in a good way

I used a postal ID as my secondary ID. But it's the passport that is the most important. St Luke's gives back the passports now so she can use it upon entering the embassy.

But what does she need to get that postal id, and how long about does it take?

Timeline

What does she need to do to start that off?

But what does she need to get that postal id, and how long about does it take?

Our case is special because she will use 'affidavit of one and the same person' since her Birth Cert has wrong spelling of family name (long story), so I figure maybe she should be best to do it in person not just online. So you think voters id is easier to get than postal? If so what is the minimum requirement for it? Is there a place to get cenomar and nbi live instead of online to assure they use both alias so there is no issue at interview time? this was meant for fundoctor

Edited by Ran4jenny

Timeline

Thanks in Advance!

Thanks to everyone that respond... I love this site!

Don't know if it will affect you or not. My wife had a spelling error on her birth certificate. At the US Embassy interview, they made her get another NBI clearance; for the incorrect spelling, (aka). She had the correct NBI clearance with her, but they delayed her visa until she obtained a clearance under the incorrect spelling also.

Might want to get both if your case is anything like this.

Edited by DaveE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was a newly graduate too when we got our NOA2 so I didn't have any IDs aside from my school ID that's why I got my:

Postal ID is easy to get. Go to the nearest post office. Bring 3 pcs 2x2 photos, Baranggay Clearance, Community Tax Certificate (cedula), Birth/Marriage Certificate. It cost about 300+ pesos depending on the location and you can get it right away.

For CENOMAR and Birth Cert, go to the nearest National Statistics Office (NSO). Birth Cert takes 1-2days, Cenomar is 3 days. I'd advise her to get 3 pcs of Birth Cert for the interview and AOS as well and 1 pc just in case she needs it in the US. So she don't have to keep going back to NSO.

For passport she needs to go to Dept of Foreign Affairs (DFA). She will need at least 2 IDs, birth cert, baptismal cert. (As a student I was only asked for my school ID, birth cert, baptismal cert and any old ID that shows my face). Takes 3weeks if you pay for it to be rushed.

NBI Clearance, get one for both names she used. Or she can get one and have AKA for both her names. Where I got my NBI it only takes 1 day. I dont know now since they changed the process. I heard it takes weeks in some places.

Good she has her baptismal cert. It is important.

:)

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Sorry. I didn't mean to make you nervous. I'm encouraging you to hurry so you won't need to delay the interview.

paul_kay gave you a good step by step. I would follow her guide and you will be OK. :thumbs:

but, You guys better get moving. :yes:

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Timeline

I was a newly graduate too when we got our NOA2 so I didn't have any IDs aside from my school ID that's why I got my:

Postal ID is easy to get. Go to the nearest post office. Bring 3 pcs 2x2 photos, Baranggay Clearance, Community Tax Certificate (cedula), Birth/Marriage Certificate. It cost about 300+ pesos depending on the location and you can get it right away.

For CENOMAR and Birth Cert, go to the nearest National Statistics Office (NSO). Birth Cert takes 1-2days, Cenomar is 3 days. I'd advise her to get 3 pcs of Birth Cert for the interview and AOS as well and 1 pc just in case she needs it in the US. So she don't have to keep going back to NSO.

For passport she needs to go to Dept of Foreign Affairs (DFA). She will need at least 2 IDs, birth cert, baptismal cert. (As a student I was only asked for my school ID, birth cert, baptismal cert and any old ID that shows my face). Takes 3weeks if you pay for it to be rushed.

NBI Clearance, get one for both names she used. Or she can get one and have AKA for both her names. Where I got my NBI it only takes 1 day. I dont know now since they changed the process. I heard it takes weeks in some places.

Good she has her baptismal cert. It is important.

WOW this is EXACTLY what I need THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. I didn't mean to make you nervous. I'm encouraging you to hurry so you won't need to delay the interview.

paul_kay gave you a good step by step. I would follow her guide and you will be OK. :thumbs:

but, You guys better get moving. :yes:

Cool I know u didnt mean it lol. Is your wife here yet. And yes we are in rush mode :)

Cool I know u didnt mean it lol. Is your wife here yet. And yes we are in rush mode :)

Yep. My wife has been here since September 2009. We are at ROC phase, just waiting for VSC to approve and renew.

Timeline

We finally have her fixed Birth Certificate :) Up next Passport, then the others. I wonder is it worth it to get voters id now and use that with her postal id. Or should I wait to use Passport as 2nd id for the NBI. I hear you guys saying that takes long. What is the longest you are hearing? I just started tracking the mnl, so it will probably be another week or 2 before I could even schedule interview. And doesn't interview take place about a month or so later. So do you think NBI will take that long?

We finally have her fixed Birth Certificate :) Up next Passport, then the others. I wonder is it worth it to get voters id now and use that with her postal id. Or should I wait to use Passport as 2nd id for the NBI. I hear you guys saying that takes long. What is the longest you are hearing? I just started tracking the mnl, so it will probably be another week or 2 before I could even schedule interview. And doesn't interview take place about a month or so later. So do you think NBI will take that long?

The NBI doesn't have to take long if you do it right. You should read this thread about the NBI clearance.

I think the passport takes quite a bit longer.

Since you already have your MNL case number, that means your case will be at the U.S Embassy Manila soon (if it isn't already). You will be able to schedule an interview appointment as soon as the Embassy enters your case into their system. You can call the Embassy and find out if they have your case entered into their system, and then schedule an appointment after you pay the visa fee. Or, you can skip calling the Embassy and simply pay the visa fee and try to schedule an appointment. You will be able to schedule an appointment when the Embassy has entered your case into their system.

Don't wait around for the Embassy to send your fiancée a letter telling her she's eligible for an interview because sometimes they take forever. Instead, you can read the eligibility right here.

I hope you finish your errands, because your eligibility to schedule an interview is coming up malapit na!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.