AlbaEagles<3

Interview went well, but Passport not collected...

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hi all,

My Fiance went for her interview today and she said it went well. She answered every question that they asked her, she provided them with lots of pictures and our letters of intent. When the interview concluded the Embassy representative told her that they would call her with more information because our application is in the administrative process.

From what I hear from others that successfully went through the interview process, they usually take your passport from you and then send it back to you with the visa attached.

Why didn't they ask for my fiance's passport? How long should we expect to wait from now?

Thanks,

Martin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They didn't take her passport because as you said she is in AP now. It can go from a few weeks to months to a year. However long it takes them to review things and do checks.

When they are finished they will request her passport from her.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

The strange thing is, they did not give her the 221g form (which others on this board report receiving), nor did they give her any other documents that request information or explain the situation. They simply verbally told her they would call her back. I'm wondering if this is actually official "Administrative Processing" or whether they just happened to be busy this week and need her to come back next week for the Visa.

Has anyone heard of anything similar?

Thanks,

Martin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi all,

My Fiance went for her interview today and she said it went well. She answered every question that they asked her, she provided them with lots of pictures and our letters of intent. When the interview concluded the Embassy representative told her that they would call her with more information because our application is in the administrative process.

From what I hear from others that successfully went through the interview process, they usually take your passport from you and then send it back to you with the visa attached.

Why didn't they ask for my fiance's passport? How long should we expect to wait from now?

Thanks,

Martin

Seems as though they are anticipating an extended AP and do not want to take her passport. When it is concluded, they will notfy her to send or bring the passport and they will then issue the visa.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The strange thing is, they did not give her the 221g form (which others on this board report receiving), nor did they give her any other documents that request information or explain the situation. They simply verbally told her they would call her back. I'm wondering if this is actually official "Administrative Processing" or whether they just happened to be busy this week and need her to come back next week for the Visa.

Has anyone heard of anything similar?

Thanks,

Martin

It is AP. Yes, it happens fairly often. They did not give her a 221g because that is for missing documents and apparently there are none. She is in AP. If they were just busy and experiencing a few days delay they would say so and give her the option to leave the passport or send it later.

As to WHY she was put in AP, I doubt anyone knows. Does she know why that might happen?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

We have no clue why they would put us in AP.

Both of us are similar in age, never been married or had any complications, no criminal record, both are well educated. She speaks English very well, has never been to the USA. We provided them with tons of pictures, airplane ticket stubs, we even offered them a DVD with the video from our engagement party in Albania. Letters of intent, affidavit of support.... everything was submitted as requested. She went to the interview dressed very professionally, answered all of their questions with confidence. Albania is NOT on the list of "high risk" countries, actually they just recently got permission to travel to any EU country without a Visa. I can't think of a single reason why they would possibly put us in AP. I am very disappointed with this whole process and I think it is an embarrassment to our country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.