Kammo

To those of you finally home (US side)!

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Whole Foods is a safe bet for anything. But, you pay for it. I avoid it, personally, because I think it's a bit of a rip off, but it makes me feel better knowing that if I really needed something I couldn't find anywhere else, they'd probably have it.

They also have a pretty big bulk section. Not sure exactly what they have or what the prices are, but it might be worth checking out.

I miss Liberte yogurt - Mocha, coconut, lemon. Mmmm. Better than ice cream, and I love ice cream.

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

• 1 month later...

I miss Canada a lot. :( I'm happy here, and I'm adjusting fairly well and it's starting to feel like home. But I miss the familiarity and comfort of home.

They're putting in a Timmies right down the street, not many West Michigan... won't be the same, but still.

And homesickness is hitting me really hard lately. I think it's a symptom of not really having anything to do all day.

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

I think that's exactly what it is, ralyse.

I think it's also the fact that I've been here for over a month ... I've visited for a month before, and now that the month mark has passed, it's kind of hitting me that I'm really not going back this time. I'm staying here and I'm not sure when I'll see my family next.

Thank goodness for Skype is all I can say.

I am feeling quite homesick myself. Some days I feel great, others I am just so miserable! We also just moved to a new apartment, so I hadn't unpacked everything until now (well, I should be unpacking, we just moved this past weekend lol, it is still very messy in here!). I have been living out of and around boxes since July! I am happy to be here, but I do miss my hometown (which I never thought was possible!) and my house, my old car, and most of all, my family!

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am fortunate that I only moved a ferry ride away from home (I am in Seattle now from Victoria) so I have already been been home twice since immigrating in September. I like the US well enough but the move will take a lot of getting used to. It is really busy here compared to Victoria. Freeways terrify me... Food doesn't taste the same... I hope to make some friends soon too, its very lonely...

The main thing I miss in Canada though are my daughters. I had planned on bringing them to the US a lot more than its looking like I'll be able to so that means I will still travel a lot. I am tired of travelling, living out of a suitcase. It sure would be nice to stay in one place for more than a month, but its looking like that isn't going to happen for many more years yet. They are 100% worth it, I just wish there was another way...

Hope everyone else is feeling good! :)

I think I will feel better once I get my green card. The fact that if I wanted to go home right now, I couldn't is what bothers me the most.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I will feel better once I get my green card. The fact that if I wanted to go home right now, I couldn't is what bothers me the most.

Oh my! Yes, I understand that.... :( That is a huge reason why my husband and I married first. I told him I needed to be able to go home at any time for my girls...

Best of luck to getting your Green Card in a timely manner! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

They're putting in a Timmies right down the street, not many West Michigan... won't be the same, but still.

And homesickness is hitting me really hard lately. I think it's a symptom of not really having anything to do all day.

No, not the same, but I'm happy when I see Tim's around & like the fact I can get it without driving forever!!

The homesick did get better after I was able (& started) to work. But it does come back here & there...don't think it will EVER go completely away (for me anyways).

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.