Gypsyangel

This is the hard part ...

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My sister, her husband and their daughter visited us from Toronto for the weekend. We had such a great time together, but they just left, on their nine hour drive, to go back home. This is the hardest part about moving here. I was so happy to see them on Friday, and now my heart is heavy. :crying:

It sure was nice having some Canadians around. I could override Hubby on the paper plates (my sister's look of horror when he suggested them = priceless), beautiful gathering of shoes left at the door (not just mine), talking Celsius and kms to people who understand me, marvelling at all the weirdness of seeing TD Banks here, the excited novelty of going to the ocean for the day. Plus, they're all vegetarians (as am I), so lots of yummy vegetarian cooking.

We had so many things planned and didn't do half of them. I guess they'll just have to come back!

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wife and I drove up to Toronto to see her parents on Friday and came back yesterday. She was also into all the Celsius and Kilometer talk with her parents and brother. I totally get the paper plates thing.. wife is always amazed at the number of plastic bags the cashiers put the groceries in at the grocery store. I always tell her "it's free and we dont have to pay 5 cents a bag here", but she goes all enviromentalist on me after that :P. She was also amazed at the number of TD Banks here in North NJ.. she thought it was a Canadian only bank.

She wanted to shop at Dollarama and Chinatown on Spadina St, but we didnt get time.

02.14.2009 - Started chatting online

06.07.2009 - First meeting : Syracuse, NY

07.03.2009 - Spent 3 days together at Philadelphia

08.15.2009 - Engagement in Toronto! In front of her and my parents!

12.31.2009 - Civil Wedding in Toronto!

03.xx.2010 - Got Marriage Certificate but they mispelled my name. Reprint ordered.

05.15.2010 - Finally got correct marriage certificate

06.01.2010 - Ended 4 night trip with her in Las Vegas, NV.

06.04.2010 - Sent I-130 to USCIC

06.09.2010 - I-130 delivered to Chicago USCIS @ 1:40 PM.

06.16.2010 - Check cashed

06.18.2010 - NOA1 received in mail.

07.18.2010 - Real wedding and other events at Brampton/Mississauga!

11.05.2010 - NOA2 text received.

12.21.2010 - Sign In Failed!

03.09.2011 - Original Interview Date (Date was changed by us as T was in India at that time)

04.05.2011 - Medical

04.26.2011 - Interview : Passed! Woohoo!

04.28.2011 - Passport mailed from Montreal/Dorval. At Brampton DHL awaiting pickup 4/29.

05.08.2011 - Point Of Entry : Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY. Took 1 hour total.

I hope you are feeling better! I'm sure any time you miss talking about the weather (in Celcius) and kilometers and such you can pop on here for some moral support. It sounds like you had a wonderful visit and I hope they come back soon.

I can relate to the TD Bank thing because I took a Disney Cruise and saw a RBC in the Cayman Islands.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wife and I drove up to Toronto to see her parents on Friday and came back yesterday. She was also into all the Celsius and Kilometer talk with her parents and brother. I totally get the paper plates thing.. wife is always amazed at the number of plastic bags the cashiers put the groceries in at the grocery store. I always tell her "it's free and we dont have to pay 5 cents a bag here", but she goes all enviromentalist on me after that :P. She was also amazed at the number of TD Banks here in North NJ.. she thought it was a Canadian only bank.

She wanted to shop at Dollarama and Chinatown on Spadina St, but we didnt get time.

LOL! The plastic bags at the grocery store! It's like they get rewarded for how many bags they use. It's crazy. I bring my own bags, but it's like a race ... if I don't get my bags out fast they've got half my order in the plastic bags, and then when I give them back the plastic bags, they crumple them up and put them in the garbage. They haven't even been used! Arghh. I tried to impress my hubby and his daughter by telling them about the 5 cents a bag, but they looked at me like I was crazy to be impressed by this.

I'm always going all environmentalist on my Hubby, but he just ignores me and uses another paper plate. We have a dishwasher!

I miss Chinatown / Spadina. Used to work in that area at one point ...

Thanks for sharing ... alas, I am not alone. :)

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.