san diego

US B1/B2 visa

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Alright!! Update everyone! On the 29th my in-laws that never been to US went for B1/B2 interview to get visa for 2 week. I supplied them with:

1) DS160 applications

2) My affidavit of support for them I134

3) My 2010 tax return

4) My invitation letter.

They also took:

5) Ownership of the house documents

6) Ownership of the vacation house (dacha)

7) Bank statements (they are on the side of lower income as they work for government)

8)Letters from employers about vacation

They were asked couple of questions about my wife (she is GC holder) and they asked if they want 1 or 2 year multi entry visa. They said one because they would have to pay $100 per visa more. They got it! Extremely eassyyy!

Now... if anyone has experience with this in Russia.. I did not expect another problem.. Kind of blindsided... My mother-in-law works for government. FSB has to give her a clearance now to be able to travel. Otherwise she claims she will get fired if she travels without such clearance. She submitted application for clearance 2 months ago and still nothing. She has visa in hand but I cannot buy airfare because of the stupid clearance. Does anyone has experience with this? How long does it take? I already had to postpone our bigger wedding because of this stupid clearance by 2 weeks.. If she applied in July when will she get it for sure??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Alright!! Update everyone! On the 29th my in-laws that never been to US went for B1/B2 interview to get visa for 2 week. I supplied them with:

1) DS160 applications

2) My affidavit of support for them I134

3) My 2010 tax return

4) My invitation letter.

They also took:

5) Ownership of the house documents

6) Ownership of the vacation house (dacha)

7) Bank statements (they are on the side of lower income as they work for government)

8)Letters from employers about vacation

They were asked couple of questions about my wife (she is GC holder) and they asked if they want 1 or 2 year multi entry visa. They said one because they would have to pay $100 per visa more. They got it! Extremely eassyyy!

Now... if anyone has experience with this in Russia.. I did not expect another problem.. Kind of blindsided... My mother-in-law works for government. FSB has to give her a clearance now to be able to travel. Otherwise she claims she will get fired if she travels without such clearance. She submitted application for clearance 2 months ago and still nothing. She has visa in hand but I cannot buy airfare because of the stupid clearance. Does anyone has experience with this? How long does it take? I already had to postpone our bigger wedding because of this stupid clearance by 2 weeks.. If she applied in July when will she get it for sure??

Has your MIL have ever been outside the RF? How did it go?

Lots of factors may delay getting a 'travel permit' for the FSB emplyees. It depends on department/directorate/division/subdivision/unit/operation, position & access type to a classified/unclassified data. I know people who are 'nevyezdnye' forever. If the employees belong to the 'vyezdnye' category, it usually takes ~2-3 months..

Hope she'll be granted permission soon. Good luck!

Google on Приказ ФСБ РФ от 17 апреля 2003 г. N 265 "О выезде из Российской Федерации военнослужащих и гражданского персонала органов федеральной службы безопасности по частным делам" (с изменениями от 24 ноября 2010 г.)

Edited by Ellie-n-Vladimir

У нашому регiонi цей чорт зветься — шахтар

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Has your MIL have ever been outside the RF? How did it go?

Lots of factors may delay getting a 'travel permit' for the FSB emplyees. It depends on department/directorate/division/subdivision/unit/operation, position & access type to a classified/unclassified data. I know people who are 'nevyezdnye' forever. If the employees belong to the 'vyezdnye' category, it usually takes ~2-3 months..

Hope she'll be granted permission soon. Good luck!

Google on Приказ ФСБ РФ от 17 апреля 2003 г. N 265 "О выезде из Российской Федерации военнослужащих и гражданского персонала органов федеральной службы безопасности по частным делам" (с изменениями от 24 ноября 2010 г.)

Thank you! She did travel to Norway 3 years ago. So, I guess she is 'viezdnie'. I am just trying to plan something and they make it impossible. Thank you for the tip. I will be planning on getting her permit for the end of this month..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.