Steph1988

NVC RFE HELP!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Ok so i called nvc they had recieved my aos and ds230 package and found a fault with the ds230 form, i reviewed it again and cant believe i did but found the flaw also, it was question 30 on the ds 230, so what do i do now? does my husband have to send me another signed ds 230, that will take to long, can he print one, scan an email it to me, also when sendn in a rfe document what do u need, the barcode? i dunno, so confused just wanna get this done tomorrow an get back on track, so upset, this will really slow us down by weeks now :( somebody please help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Ok so i called nvc they had recieved my aos and ds230 package and found a fault with the ds230 form, i reviewed it again and cant believe i did but found the flaw also, it was question 30 on the ds 230, so what do i do now? does my husband have to send me another signed ds 230, that will take to long, can he print one, scan an email it to me, also when sendn in a rfe document what do u need, the barcode? i dunno, so confused just wanna get this done tomorrow an get back on track, so upset, this will really slow us down by weeks now :( somebody please help

I also had RFE for same thing.. I had my wife sign 5ea DS-230 so if there was a mistake I could redo it fast.. You need to send with the barcode.. You can send the barcode off the Website or you can wait until they also email a barcode with the RFE... I would call NVC and ask if you actually need another signature.. Perhaps they will let you do the DS-260 online form...........

I sent my RFE back the next day Priority Mail and I was only delayed 5-7 days..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

phone rep wtill tell you:

new ds-230 Part 1, signed by beneficiary (tell him to use blue ink just in case)

Include barcode coversheet (just print another off the payment portal or wait for the one they send you in email)

It will take a few days for mail from your husband, so you might have the barcode from the RFE email by then.

NVC RFE Email can take from 1 to 7 days to receive, even though the AVR updates each night and says it's sent.

Your husband can logon to payment portal and print a coversheet himself; he can then DHL the new SIGNED ds-230 to NH tomorrow.

After NVC gets new ds-230, phone rep will tell you to expect the wait to be 20 days before they get to it. AVR will tell you it might take 6-8 weeks. In reality it might take 7 to 14 days.

took our ds-230 RFE for #30 14 days - then they lost the military cert and they are telling me 15 more business days for them to go look for it again.

Edited by Å&M

IR-1/CR-1 Spouse CA Svc Ctr 2011 (82 days) Apr07: NOA1. Jun27: NOA2 text.
Delivery from USCIS to NVC (24 days) Jul21: CSC mailed it to NVC

NVC (43 days)
Jul25: "in the NVC bldg"---->Jul26: NVC Case#,IIN# (1 day in-house, 29 days since NOA2)

AOS i-864.....Jul28: bill rcv'd (2 days)& paid ---->Aug01: "paid"/mailed (4 days). Aug3: AOS in the bldg
Aug 11: phone rep "AOS RFE: 23/24a: no blanks" (pdf won't print n/a"). Fedex'd new copy (arrived Aug 12)
Aug 22: AOS approved

IV ds-230:
Jul26: send DS-3032 ----> Jul29: DS-3032 accepted (3 days)
Aug01: bill rcv'd (2 days)& paid ---->Aug02: "paid"/mailed (1 day)
Aug04:ds-230 delivered ---> Aug 12: "under review"
Aug 15: phone rep "RFE:ds-230 #30." (16th bdate left as "----") Fedex'd new copy (arrived Aug 16)
Aug 30: phone rep: "no military record." me: "it's there!" rep: "15 biz days starting today"
Sep 06: phone rep: "needs review. 15 MORE biz days" me: "no way" Supervisor asks Mgr "open file & verify it's complete since 8/16." 6 hours later: CASE CLOSED!

Consulate
Sep 13: INTERVIEW scheduled, email letter arrived
Sep 15: MEDICAL in Stockholm
Sep 23: Packet Left NVC -> Embassy
Oct 31: INTERVIEW 4-minutes and DONE. APPROVED. Visa is "in the mail"

Nov 27: arrival in USA

DIVORCE: final May 2015 - never whould have married without dating in-person for at least a year.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I also had RFE for same thing.. I had my wife sign 5ea DS-230 so if there was a mistake I could redo it fast.. You need to send with the barcode.. You can send the barcode off the Website or you can wait until they also email a barcode with the RFE... I would call NVC and ask if you actually need another signature.. Perhaps they will let you do the DS-260 online form...........

I sent my RFE back the next day Priority Mail and I was only delayed 5-7 days..........

WELL CONGARTS and i pray ours is the same time frame, its awful waiting, we were so close to CC an interview, we are now looking at a november interview, horrible, just horrible :'(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.