scot4ks

Military Records

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi folks,

Again I'm looking for some help and advice. When I was in college I was in the officer training corps for the RAF (called the University Air Squadron). Having asked the question a few months ago if it actually counted as military service, I agree that it does. I am now getting ready for my K-1 interview at the London Embassy. On their website it states:

"Military Records: Persons who have served in the military forces of any country must obtain one copy of their military record. Note: On the day of the visa interview you will be required to furnish either your discharge papers or evidence of terminal leave from the forces.

Note: Military records from certain countries are unavailable. For further information, please contact the Immigrant Visa Unit."

I obtained from my former squadron an A5 sized official stamped document titled "Royal Air Force Reserve and Royal Auxiliary Air Force Brief Statement of Service & Certificate on Discharge". It states my name, rank, dates of service, date of discharge, reason for discharge and remarks on conduct, proficiency etc.

Does anyone have any experience of this or know what the Embassy looks for? Does the document I describe fulfil what they are looking for? I have no idea what else they could request or what I could get from the RAF. It was just a drinking/flying club.

Thanks again for your time!

Does the document I describe fulfil what they are looking for?

Yes

P.S. You'll get better answers posting your London specific questions in the UK forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

I obtained from my former squadron an A5 sized official stamped document titled "Royal Air Force Reserve and Royal Auxiliary Air Force Brief Statement of Service & Certificate on Discharge". It states my name, rank, dates of service, date of discharge, reason for discharge and remarks on conduct, proficiency etc.

Thanks again for your time!

All you need is what you posted you have. My fiance served in the National Guard. Got a copy of when he entered and when he was discharged from duty. Just make sure you make a copy of your Discharge paper and give them the copy but have the original handy if they choose to look at it when you have your interview. Do remember to bring all of your important papers (originals) to the states when you come.

Judy

I-129F Sent : 10-04-2010

I-129F NOA1 : 10-12-2010

Touched: 10-21-2010

NOA2: 03-16-2011

Vermont Service Center

Interview: 05-18-2011

Fiance' Visa Approved: 12Jul2011

POE - Newark Airport November 20, 2011

Married: December 8, 2011

AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox on Feb. 13, 2012

I-485 transfered to Laguna Niguel CA on March 17, 2012

EAD - received from Lee's Summit, MO on April 18, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.