Steph1988

genuine reason to expedite for embassy interview?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Ok so we have paid both fees and sent both packages off, one received thursday other friday, now our case was expedited at NVC due to my wifes sick health and the fact she needed an urgent unexpected operation, her job fired as she came out of recovery! so she suffered severe financial difficulties while raising our 2 kids, now, she has struggled financially and physically since, i have provided cash via my bank since then, an have bank statements to show this, and have emails with a company who are willing to hire me, now can we request an quicker interview on the grounds she is still struggling with her job loss, im supporting two households (mine an hers) and ive also had my medical is this a genuine reason? an if approved, how long can we expect to wait, an do we send the request and all the documents to the nvc address we mailed the DS230 AN I-864 packages too?

Edited by Steph1988

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, since your case was expedited at NVC you have a good chance for expedite at embassy level. I would have the US citizen call the embassy directly and ask for this, then fax documentation if necessary. If you can be flexible about dates, you might get a cancellation appointment very soon, the US embassy in London tends to be good about that. Have you done your medical yet?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Yes, since your case was expedited at NVC you have a good chance for expedite at embassy level. I would have the US citizen call the embassy directly and ask for this, then fax documentation if necessary. If you can be flexible about dates, you might get a cancellation appointment very soon, the US embassy in London tends to be good about that. Have you done your medical yet?

yes medicals done and passed, embassy have the results, expedite was at uscis not at nvc, our files are being processed at nvc an hope to get a CC withn week/2weeks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.