treesh

removal conditions

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi I was looking thru the list of things to submit for the removal process. Amongst it, its mentioned about 2 affidavit letters from 2 people stating about our relationship etc. Now does it matter who the 2 persons are? I was thinking of getting my mom and dad (from US.A. living in another state )as the 2 person forming 2 letters. Is this ok? or should the 2 persons be from 2 different households?

This removal process is for my husband.

please reply soon!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It should be from people you spend the most time with as a couple but you can use your parents yes. Also affidavits are not needed if you have a lot of good evidence.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

It should be from people you spend the most time with as a couple but you can use your parents yes. Also affidavits are not needed if you have a lot of good evidence.

I spend time with many friends. But i dont know if anyone would be willing to sign a document containing their personal info like date and place of birth. thats Y i thought of asking my own parents. even though they havent lived with us and seen us for the past year.

Timeline

I spend time with many friends. But i dont know if anyone would be willing to sign a document containing their personal info like date and place of birth. thats Y i thought of asking my own parents. even though they havent lived with us and seen us for the past year.

It doesn't have to have all that info on the letter, just has to have a way to contact the person if they need to contact them. My husbands mother wrote a simple letter including her name and where she lived and her phone number saying if they would like to talk to her that they are more than welcome to call her.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

According to the I-751 Instructions, the affidavit DOES have to contain that info.

The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the folowing information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse; if any; and full information and complete details on how the person acquired his or her knowledge.
(I-751 Instructions, page#2).

And to answer your original question, it doesn't matter that your mom and dad live in the same household the instructions state:

Affidavits sworn or affirmed by two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship
It doesn't exclude relatives or household members. So I think your mom and your dad should be fine.

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Timeline

According to the I-751 Instructions, the affidavit DOES have to contain that info. (I-751 Instructions, page#2).

And to answer your original question, it doesn't matter that your mom and dad live in the same household the instructions state: It doesn't exclude relatives or household members. So I think your mom and your dad should be fine.

Thanks all for the opinions! keep 'em coming!

Timeline

According to the I-751 Instructions, the affidavit DOES have to contain that info. (I-751 Instructions, page#2).

And to answer your original question, it doesn't matter that your mom and dad live in the same household the instructions state: It doesn't exclude relatives or household members. So I think your mom and your dad should be fine.

It does not need to include all the extra private information. That can be acquired by the USCIS on their own or from calling the person. The instructions do not ask for SSN etc of the person writing the letter. It does not have to be notarized and can be a simple written letter. See example letters listed on example section. Most do not list address, birth place etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

It does not need to include all the extra private information. That can be acquired by the USCIS on their own or from calling the person. The instructions do not ask for SSN etc of the person writing the letter. It does not have to be notarized and can be a simple written letter. See example letters listed on example section. Most do not list address, birth place etc.

You are right, the affidavit does need to include their SSN, and it is simple letter that does not need to be notarized.

Just to clarify my post, the OP said that some people do not feel comfortable disclosing their personal info. such as date and place of birth. And you responded, that that info (date and place of birth) was not necessary. And I was pointing out that date and place of birth (never mentioned SSN) MUST be included in the affidavit according to the instructions given by the USCIS.

And yes, I agree with checking out examples, but to be on the safe side I prefer to follow the instructions because they come directly from the USCIS. :)

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.