baseball88

Advice Needed

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiancee and I are currently waiting for the police check to come back and then out Packet 3 will be ready to be sent to the Embassy. We need an interview VERY fast as she has a flight booked for September 15th and we have a big wedding planned for the 24th of September, we didn't realize the length of the visa process. Does anyone know the best way to get a interview fast from the Embassy? Is it a wise idea to tell them our situation and let them know we already have a flight and wedding planned? Thank you so much for your help and we would love to hear from prior experience!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiancee and I are currently waiting for the police check to come back and then out Packet 3 will be ready to be sent to the Embassy. We need an interview VERY fast as she has a flight booked for September 15th and we have a big wedding planned for the 24th of September, we didn't realize the length of the visa process. Does anyone know the best way to get a interview fast from the Embassy? Is it a wise idea to tell them our situation and let them know we already have a flight and wedding planned? Thank you so much for your help and we would love to hear from prior experience!

The length of the process is extended thru the interview due to the volume of cases. You can ask but they could care less about your plans.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Depending on what state your Aussie fiance is from I think they send the police report straight to the Consulate now. There is no way you can ask for a quicker interview as tthey donlt care less you have made wedding plans or have air line tickets booked. You are told not to do these things until visa in hand as there can always be holdups. I admit I hadmy wedding ceremony booked and flights but was able to change my flights around. My packet 3 was all ready to go when we got the email and i got my interview within the 4 week timeline they give you. I was held up due to they lost one of my now husbands paperwork and they kept me waiting a week till they checked the mail to see they had received it. Once I emailed them by the 3rd time I had my visa in 24 hours, I got home 1 week before my wedding but I made it. Once you have that info on the police report get that packet in quick and I have heard that consulate is doing interviews fairly fast at thhe moment. So you should make it for September no worries. You may have to email the consulate to find ut if they have received your police report.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Hate to tell you this....but I doubt you will have your visa in time.

Sydney is very quick to schedule interviews (usually within 4wks of receiving your documents), but even if you sent everything today, you would still be pushing it to get an interview, let alone have the visa in hand, before the 15th September.

I don't know what state you are in, our when you applied, but if you're in NSW, you are looking at about 3-4wks to get the police check back (have a look at my signature...and I'm not the only one). I'm not sure about other states, but for NSW, they will send the certificate to the applicant.

You could try sending everything else back, telling them you are waiting on the police check. They might give you an interview without it, but even if they do, and you are conditionally approved, they will not give the final approval and issue the visa until they have that police check.

Of course, you can try asking them for the earliest possible interview due to your circumstances (no harm in trying!), but since they advise you not to make any plans until you have the visa in hand, they are under no obligation to do so.

Good luck with it all! I hope for your sake I am wrong!!

USCIS

30 Nov 2010 - Sent I-130 to Chicago

1 Dec 2010 - I-130 received at Chicago

18 Apr 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 text and email

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

30 Apr 2011 - Police Check Application sent

2 May 2011 - Called NVC and got Invoice ID number

3 May 2011 - Sent DS-3032 email

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

5 May 2011 - AOS invoiced and paid

7 May 2011 - AOS package sent; IV invoiced and paid

9 May 2011 - AOS package delivered to NVC according to tracking

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

27 May 2011 - IV package delivered according to tracking

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

30 Jun 2011 - SIF and CC - FINALLY!!!!

13 Jul 2011 - Interview date assigned! Scheduled for August 9th @ 10am

9 Aug 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Aug 2011 - Visa in hand

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiance is in South Australia. It took 5 weeks to get his police certificate back - and it does go straight to the person who applied for it- not the consulate.

As others have said, the paperwork cautions to not book flights that you can't change... and if you advise them this is the case, they will probably refer back to that...so to

be safe, I would simply wait til you have the packet sent to them (track it to see when it arrives) then email to nicely ask for the first urgent available interview time/date.

Good luck

Visa is in Sydney - 8July11
Police and fingerprint check we ordered 7/7/11
Background check returned 16/8/11
Packet 3 arrived in Sydney 17/8/11
INTERVIEW... praying big time.. 13/9/11
praying for POE around 27 Sep
Wedding- 11/11/11

-------
I-751 Remove Condition App 20 Nov 2013
Bio for I-751 26 Dec 2013
RFE for all bank statements since marriage - 4/18/14 - returned 4/19/14

(smacking head - sent everything but kitchen sink AND all those as

I --silly I know-- thought only needed a few over course of marriage- NOPE-

all needed)

still waiting on 10 yr Green Card Approval as of 18 May....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

take a look at my timeline but i'm from south australia and it took a month or so to get my police check back and then after i sent packet three i got an interview date for about a month later. we were missing something from our packet three though so they may have put ours a little later to give Travis time to send me what we were missing

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.