lbounds

What cost for simple Filipino wedding in province ?

33 posts in this topic

It does, and that is what's so tragic. Because when you think this over soberly, fifteen thousand dollars is a staggering amount of pizza or beer. I buy them frozen, three meat pizza for five bucks each, so that's three thousand pizzas. This is a solid decade running of pizza every day except Sunday. A century of pizzas once every two weeks. I don't drink alcohol, having not learned to drug myself with it in a socially beneficial way, but my money would have been spent on Old Milwaukee by the case, which is well under a dollar a beer. So we are talking over twenty thousand beers. This is a lifetime of beer for someone drinking a beer every day.

Even a thousand dollars - or a hundred - or the next ten bucks: should you spend it on pizza and beer or waste it instead?

:)

Thank goodness we don't eat pizza and drink beer then! I don't see the big deal. We got more money back than what we spent with all the cash and presents we got anyway, so it was an awesome investment in my opinion, and everyone had a great time. We wanted something memorable, and since he's deploying, we figured we should just go all out. He'll be gone for 12 months.. so that's 12 months of not spending money on eating out, going to see movies, etc.. 12 months of memories we won't share together. I don't regret spending money for our wedding, it was our choice (Okay, our moms as well, lol)

Edited by Messybrownhair
My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

It also depends on what kind of people your guests are... so we have circle of friends who deserve to be treated with importance...

I definitely agree with this. It would be insulting to serve something "cheap" or lower to what your circle is accustomed to. It's likewise insulting to the couple for a guest to not give gifts or give cheap gifts after being entertained and accommodated. I also don't prefer "feast-like" parties where anyone could crash into the event. I've been to parties like that and it's annoying how certain guests don't even greet the hosts and just proceed directly to their seats or the buffet table to eat then bail after.

One way to control the budget is to meticulously go over the guest list too.

OP, is there any other church that you could probably consider? To be honest, the Manila Cathedral (where famous and rich people in Manila are getting married) is only charging 20,000 for a centralized AC gigantic church and it already includes the whole ceremony (priests, ushers, soloist, organist, red carpet, etc..) You guys are only planning for a simple wedding in a small town in the province. Are you sure that's the real amount? If it is, it's ridiculous.. like you said, it's a small town in a province..

:thumbs: Amen to that. You might as well look at better alternatives. Who knows, you might be surprised on how cheaper or similar they could be.

I realize that it probably is already late to say this.. but the key is to know first how much a couple can spend before looking for wedding vendors/suppliers.. In that way, you guys can say yes and no to any offers and look for other alternatives.

:thumbs: one of the first and most important steps in planning a wedding. it would definitely help you to not bite more than you can chew. :yes:

If they know a 'Kano" is paying, you'll pay two to three times the actual cost.

Sad but true! :(

When I was inquiring about our engagement party and wedding (for stuff I would just bring with me to the US like the gown, etc.), I have to "bend my answer" about venue and who I'm getting married to.

When Deren visited the Philippines too, I was speaking to him in Filipino just so they think he lives here and just have mixed ethnicity. Hahaha. :lol: Good thing Deren rides along well and he learns our language very fast! :yes:

A tricycle driver exclaimed after dropping us, "Aww too bad! I thought I'm going to get a good deal today!"

Nuh-uh! :no:

Edited by Deren & Yamy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.