inneedofhelp

Order Of Items In petition

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ok so im almost there in gathering all my paperwork for the big send off. I just a question in regards on how to arrange the whole petition itself. I was thinking of having the cover letter as the first piece of paper they will see, then i was going to create a contents page numbering the pieces of evidence so they could go straight to the tabs at the bottom of the page for each piece so it woul dbe faster and easier.

The cover letter was going to be page one, then the table of contents, then the I-751 form, then the copy of my greencard, then the copy of the check.

Am i going overboard in the whole organization of this petition this time around??? Please, any helpful/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Am i going overboard in the whole organization of this petition this time around??? Please, any helpful/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nope. Make it as easy for them as you can. The organization will also help you when it's time for the interview.

Care,

Bill

Filed: Timeline

Ok so im almost there in gathering all my paperwork for the big send off. I just a question in regards on how to arrange the whole petition itself. I was thinking of having the cover letter as the first piece of paper they will see, then i was going to create a contents page numbering the pieces of evidence so they could go straight to the tabs at the bottom of the page for each piece so it woul dbe faster and easier.

The cover letter was going to be page one, then the table of contents, then the I-751 form, then the copy of my greencard, then the copy of the check.

Thanks in advance

I think you have the right idea and it will show that you have taken time and put forth alot of effort to make it easy for them to review your documents. I work on immigration cases as a paralegal and we always tab the sections at the bottom and organize everything to make it easy to find each document. When I filed my petition, I ended up with almost 2 inches of applications and supporting documents. I had the G-1145 on the very top then a table of contents which listed everything in the package. It's important to put the names of both at the top left corner of the table of contents page listing Petitioner: JOLIE, Angelina and then the line below, Beneficiary: PITT, Brad. On the table of contents I listed in the first section, everything that is in every K-1 application (Petition, G-325A, I-129F, Letters of Intent, Declaration of having met in person, etc.) then I listed 2 sections after that which I numbered from 1-24: 1. Proof of Having Met In Person and 2. Proof of An Ongoing Relationship. Then I put the cover letter then the applications then the supporting docs then the tabbed sections with additional evidence. Each section of supporting evidence was tabbed with light colored tabs on brightly colored paper using the paper as dividers(I wrote numbers on the tabs which coordinated with the list on the Table of Contents). Also, on each of the divider pages, I listed again, the two lines with: Petitioner: JOLIE, Angelina and Beneficiary: PITT, Brad. I punched two holes at the top of all of the entire package and put a 2 inch ACCO fastener in to secure it all. I learned the best way to present a "petition package" to USCIS from an attorney that I worked for that had over 20 years of experience with immigration cases. We never had anything returned and he was told many times that this presentation allowed the workers to find everything easily and showed them that the person who prepared it was attentive and organized. They told him that it was appreciated and noticed. Of course it's not necessary to do all of this. I'm sure many people have had positive results without all the attention to details. It's just how I was taught and I am hoping that since the cards are a bit stacked against us, the presentation may help a tiny bit. I have been told that its always better to go overboard with information than to be lacking. I hope this helps...sorry if I over-communicated a bit with the reply ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.