Adam M

Sent the wrong approval notice?!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi folks,

Think I might have made a big error on my AOS application!

I sent in the letter that starts:

"The state department's national visa center has recently recieved an approved I-129F petition..."

But I think you're supposed to send the I-797 Approval Notice.

Have I screwed up?! It looks like they contain similar information, but I guess they could reject it, right?

Please help!

Adam.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Adam:

It might be a mistake, but dealing with USCIS who knows!?

For my AOS we sent a copy of my I-797 approval notice, however we did receive an RFE.

I am not sure about your situation, but hopefully you are going to receive an RFE, if that is the case, do not worry and be ready with the appropiate document.

Wait for the experienced VJ'S comments. :thumbs:

Good luck,

New

Timeline
Hello Adam:

It might be a mistake, but dealing with USCIS who knows!?

For my AOS we sent a copy of my I-797 approval notice, however we did receive an RFE.

I am not sure about your situation, but hopefully you are going to receive an RFE, if that is the case, do not worry and be ready with the appropiate document.

Wait for the experienced VJ'S comments. :thumbs:

Good luck,

New

Thanks for the info New.

I'm beginning to think this is why they've not cashed the money orders or touched us, so it's probably on it's way back to us right now! eek!

Does anyone know if I should contact them or something, or should I just wait for them to contact me?

Adz.x

Filed: Timeline

They are not going to send it back due to that, and if for some reason they do, add it in there and send it back to them. They only signed for it a week ago, give them time to cash it and get to your application. They will take a look at your NOA1 and realize its not your NOA2 and will send you a request for it (RFE). Send it to them and that will be that.

Edited by Stina

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Well I finally got the RFE in the mail.

They said I forgot to include my birth certificate! I know this is wrong, because I copied the whole application just before I put it in the envelope, and it's in there! Still, who am I to argue.

Anyway, I sent off what they wanted.

As a pre-emtive measure, I sent them the NOA2 as well (with a cover letter explaining!).

We'll see what happens!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Well I finally got the RFE in the mail.

They said I forgot to include my birth certificate! I know this is wrong, because I copied the whole application just before I put it in the envelope, and it's in there! Still, who am I to argue.

Anyway, I sent off what they wanted.

As a pre-emtive measure, I sent them the NOA2 as well (with a cover letter explaining!).

We'll see what happens!

Very well done. :yes:

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Timeline

OK, folks, just got an update from USCIS by email and I am very confused! Maybe you can help. Here's what it says:

On October 16, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

A few things:

1. There's no maximum processing time stated in the message!

2. When I go to the processing times site at https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp what should I choose? I'm in Phoenix, but I sent everything to Chicago, but I know a lot of people are getting transferred to California! Any ideas?

3. Will that RFE have affected my EAD or AP?

Thanks in advance folks!

PS thanks for your wishes Pete - I see you had similar problems!

Edited by Adam M

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.