katzie

how will i work as a nurse?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No. U cant work as a nurse but u can work as caregiver license is needed before u work as a nurse im from ca. Enter as k1 also then now im preparing for my nclex exam my hubby didnt want me to work unless i pass the exam but literally i can apply after my ead approved recently.. U can applied for interim permit in board of nurses der to practice nursing under supervision... Just try to search it i hope it helps..

Of course you can work just pass the NCLEX exam and wait, before you start thinking of working you need a working permit first also known as EAD (Employment Authorization Document). Girl your hands full of things to do so good luck and happy wedding and married life to you soon. God bless.

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

As the other posters mentioned, you will need your EAD in order to work. You will also need a Social Security number.

If you want to apply through the State of Washington to sit for the NCLEX click here.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Of course you can work just pass the NCLEX exam and wait, before you start thinking of working you need a working permit first also known as EAD (Employment Authorization Document). Girl your hands full of things to do so good luck and happy wedding and married life to you soon. God bless.

Just to add that try and search for a foreign nurse support group where you can find a lot of good information on the steps you need to take to be able to work in the states as a nurse.

Just to add that try and search for a foreign nurse support group where you can find a lot of good information on the steps you need to take to be able to work in the states as a nurse.

The steps are on the link I posted.

thank you so much... Ill spend my time to my hubby first as I wait..for my EAD... I'm starting to miss the Philippines though,,..

Walang anuman po. :)

When you get your first paycheck as an RN here in the States, you won't miss 'Pinas as much. :jest:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys.. I arrive here in seattle as a k1 visa.. Our marriage will be next week.. My question is.. Can i work as a nurse here? By the way I am a nurse in the philippines.. Thank you..

You will need your EAD and SSS, test for nurse, check in your new state of residence.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Walang anuman po. :)

When you get your first paycheck as an RN here in the States, you won't miss 'Pinas as much. :jest:

- :thumbs: I guess that's true ;)

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone! I just saw this post and I really need your advise and expertise. :help:

I just wanna ask Filipino Nurses in California what documents will I need to prepare (while I'm still here in the Philippines) to be able to work as a registered nurse once I'm in CA.

Back story: I took and passed the NCLEX-RN exam last March 2010 (Makati, Philippines). During that time, I was still single. Now, I'm married to a very wonderful and amazing man last Feb 2011. Our case is now being reviewed in NVC (hopefully we'll be able to complete our case by next week *fingers crossed*). The thing is, the letter that was sent to me by the Board of Nursing in CA was addressed in my maiden name. Are there any necessary documents that I have to present in order to obtain my permanent registered nurse license? Thanks! :star:

The letter I've received goes like this:

March 30, 2010

MY NAME

MY ADDRESS IN THE PHILIPPINES

SUBJECT: Social Security Number (SSN)

Dear MS. maiden name

This notification that you have passed the NCLEX-RN examination and that you have met all other licensing requirements except for submitting a valid US Social Security Number (SSN). Your SSN is needed in order to issue a permanent RN license.

Please submit your SSN on the form below. When you obtain your SSN, you are advised that you must also promptly report it to all appropriate agencies, such as California Franchise Tax Board.

If you do not provide your SSN to the Board of Registered Nursing within three years from the date of this letter, your application will be considered abandoned and your file will be destroyed.

NAME: _________________________

CURRENT ADDRESS (if different from above): ___________________________

US SSN:_____________________

I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that all statements, answers, and representations in this form are true and correct.

SIGNATURE: ______________________ DATE:____________________________

When I fill out this letter/form, I'm gonna use my married name, current address (in CA) and signature (of course, also in married name). Then, can I include in the packet the change of name and address form (hard copy/printed and filled out) together with the proof of US SSN and a photocopy of my marriage certificate? So that they're all in one package? Can that be enough? Thanks in advance!

Edited by jon&cess

USCIS

04/11/2011 : I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/13/2011 : I-130 received/Priority date

07/13/2011 : RFE for G325A (beneficiary)

07/28/2011 : I-130 approved :)

Your I-130 was approved in 106 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

08/08/2011 : NVC received case from USCIS

09/08/2011 : NVC assigned case number

09/09/2011 : Paid AOS bill

09/14/2011 : Paid IV bill

09/22/2011 : Submitted AOS and IV packets via USPS Priority Mail

09/26/2011 : NVC received AOS and IV packets

10/03/2011 : checklist cover letter #4 - AOS line 25 being questioned

10/11/2011 : Response to RFE sent via USPS Priority Mail

10/11/2011 : checklist cover letter #5 - IV application OK! :) -NVC still waiting for RFE response

10/13/2011 : NVC received RFE reponse and now, we WAIT! :D

10/24/2011 : CASE COMPLETED! Thank you LORD! :D

11/02/2011 : Interview date confirmed via operator! <3

11/03/2011 : Interview appointment email received!

Your interview took 240 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

US EMBASSY MANILA

11/16/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 1

11/17/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 2 : PASSED! :D

12/09/2011 : Interview @ USEM Manila : APPROVED

12/16/2011 : Visa on hand! <3

USA

01/18/2012 : POE @ SFO

02/10/2012 : Green card received

Hi everyone! I just saw this post and I really need your advise and expertise. :help:

I just wanna ask Filipino Nurses in California what documents will I need to prepare (while I'm still here in the Philippines) to be able to work as a registered nurse once I'm in CA.

Back story: I took and passed the NCLEX-RN exam last March 2010 (Makati, Philippines). During that time, I was still single. Now, I'm married to a very wonderful and amazing man last Feb 2011. Our case is now being reviewed in NVC (hopefully we'll be able to complete our case by next week *fingers crossed*). The thing is, the letter that was sent to me by the Board of Nursing in CA was addressed in my maiden name. Are there any necessary documents that I have to present in order to obtain my permanent registered nurse license? Thanks! :star:

The letter I've received goes like this:

March 30, 2010

MY NAME

MY ADDRESS IN THE PHILIPPINES

SUBJECT: Social Security Number (SSN)

Dear MS. maiden name

This notification that you have passed the NCLEX-RN examination and that you have met all other licensing requirements except for submitting a valid US Social Security Number (SSN). Your SSN is needed in order to issue a permanent RN license.

Please submit your SSN on the form below. When you obtain your SSN, you are advised that you must also promptly report it to all appropriate agencies, such as California Franchise Tax Board.

If you do not provide your SSN to the Board of Registered Nursing within three years from the date of this letter, your application will be considered abandoned and your file will be destroyed.

NAME: _________________________

CURRENT ADDRESS (if different from above): ___________________________

US SSN:_____________________

I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that all statements, answers, and representations in this form are true and correct.

SIGNATURE: ______________________ DATE:____________________________

When I fill out this letter/form, I'm gonna use my married name, current address (in CA) and signature (of course, also in married name). Then, can I include in the packet the change of name and address form (hard copy/printed and filled out) together with the proof of US SSN and a photocopy of my marriage certificate? So that they're all in one package? Can that be enough? Thanks in advance!

OH! We went through the same thing. I passed March 2010, and got married and now I'm here in the US. They gave me that form too. What I did was I sent in that letter, along with a copy of my birth certificate, marriage certificate and US SSN. I included the marriage certificate as proof of name change. I also sent in a copy of the biographical page of my passport just so I have an ID with picture that they can see (but I think they don't need it, I'm just trying to be extra sure). After a week and a half of sending it in, I got my license! Wooohooo!!! Just send in everything, and send it with a tracking number so you know that they received it. Their mailing address is in their website. Good luck! It's an easy process, just send in those documents. :)

OH! We went through the same thing. I passed March 2010, and got married and now I'm here in the US. They gave me that form too. What I did was I sent in that letter, along with a copy of my birth certificate, marriage certificate and US SSN. I included the marriage certificate as proof of name change. I also sent in a copy of the biographical page of my passport just so I have an ID with picture that they can see (but I think they don't need it, I'm just trying to be extra sure). After a week and a half of sending it in, I got my license! Wooohooo!!! Just send in everything, and send it with a tracking number so you know that they received it. Their mailing address is in their website. Good luck! It's an easy process, just send in those documents. :)

Thanks for the very quick response! :) Did you send a NSO authenticated birth and marriage certificate copies or just photocopies of the two? I'm so psyched! :dance:

Edited by jon&cess

USCIS

04/11/2011 : I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/13/2011 : I-130 received/Priority date

07/13/2011 : RFE for G325A (beneficiary)

07/28/2011 : I-130 approved :)

Your I-130 was approved in 106 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

08/08/2011 : NVC received case from USCIS

09/08/2011 : NVC assigned case number

09/09/2011 : Paid AOS bill

09/14/2011 : Paid IV bill

09/22/2011 : Submitted AOS and IV packets via USPS Priority Mail

09/26/2011 : NVC received AOS and IV packets

10/03/2011 : checklist cover letter #4 - AOS line 25 being questioned

10/11/2011 : Response to RFE sent via USPS Priority Mail

10/11/2011 : checklist cover letter #5 - IV application OK! :) -NVC still waiting for RFE response

10/13/2011 : NVC received RFE reponse and now, we WAIT! :D

10/24/2011 : CASE COMPLETED! Thank you LORD! :D

11/02/2011 : Interview date confirmed via operator! <3

11/03/2011 : Interview appointment email received!

Your interview took 240 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

US EMBASSY MANILA

11/16/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 1

11/17/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 2 : PASSED! :D

12/09/2011 : Interview @ USEM Manila : APPROVED

12/16/2011 : Visa on hand! <3

USA

01/18/2012 : POE @ SFO

02/10/2012 : Green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.