jessicaDiana

Is This Considered a "Touch"?

4 posts in this topic

hey everyone,

this is probably a dumb and obvious question ( I just want to be completly sure if I am right or not) but me and my fiance just filed for our k-1 visa recently to VSC. we got our hardcopy of our noa1 and the service centre notified us that they got our I-129F July 15/2011. I looked on the USCIS site and made an account to check our case status and it says our case was last updated July 20/2011 and nothing since. I just want to know, was this a "touch"?

hey everyone,

this is probably a dumb and obvious question ( I just want to be completly sure if I am right or not) but me and my fiance just filed for our k-1 visa recently to VSC. we got our hardcopy of our noa1 and the service centre notified us that they got our I-129F July 15/2011. I looked on the USCIS site and made an account to check our case status and it says our case was last updated July 20/2011 and nothing since. I just want to know, was this a "touch"?

In one word, I think the answer is YES!

That same thing happened with my VISA, only when something actually changed (ie in our case RFE!) did it get updated.

I would take that as a touch!

Also, FYI, in my experience, one our case was touched, it was updated less than two weeks later, so good luck to you, not long to go!

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.
We met in June 2010, got engaged in November 2010, and married in January 2012!
We are now living together in Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

07/04/2015: Applicable for Naturalization

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd
Check out my Flickr Page here: http://goo.gl/Yx4THU

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i asked the same thing too...one of the members of VJ on facebook told me once the date of the last update changes that's when you call it " touched "...

7/14/11 - I-129F sent

7/19/11 - NOA1 :)

8/7/11 - Touched

12/10/11 - received RFE in mail :(

12/24/11 - touched

12/27/11 - touched ( again..... )

1/3/12 - sent reply to RFE

1/6/12 - USCIS received the reply to RFE

1/24/12 - another RFE:(

1/27/12 - received RFE hardcopy

1/30/12 - sent reply to RFE

2/4/12 - my love arrived here to celebrate our birthdays together

2/8/12 - NOA2....thank you LOrd.....

4/12-13/12- my medical schedule ( thank God, I passed !!! )

5/2/2012- interview date :-)

8/22/23 - sent 221(g) docs

8/23/12 - USEM received my 221(G) docs

8/30/12 - VISA issued (yesss!!!!!)

9/5/12-Visa on hand ( yehey!!!!)

10/8/12 - flying to USA...

AOS / EAD APPLICATION

3/28/2013 - packet sent to Dallas lockbox

4/4/13- pacet received

4/23/13 - biometrics appointment...done!

hey everyone,

Yes thats a touch, most people only get them when its first entered into the system, and when it gets approved. If the touch is in the middle its probably an RFE and that happened in my case.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.