Shorah

Still waiting for AOS check to be cashed

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone, I havent posted on here in quite awhile since I have been busy with the move down to California and getting settled.

I know there is an AOS forum for questions but I'm posting in the regional forums because I have made quite a few friends here so I'm hoping one of them has some info for me!

So I sent in my AOS package on July 5th, it was signed for on the 6th but I still havent heard anything back yet nor has my check been cashed.

I was reading that alot of people were waiting about 3 or 4 months so I have been waiting patiently.

But it has now been over a month so I'm starting to get really frustrated.

I have no idea if i should be calling someone right now and who exactly it would be that i call.

Anyone in the same boat as me or have any experience with this?

I'm going stir crazy here I need to be able to start looking for work sooner rather than later!

K-1 Filed - Sept 27/10

NOA1 - Sept 28/10

NOA2 - Feb 16/11

NVC rec - Feb 28/11

NVC left - March 1/11

Con rec - March 4/11

P3 sent - March 8/11

P3 return - March 15/11

P3 logged - March 25/11

P4 sent - March 26/11

Medical - April 6/11

Interview - April 28/11 - Approved

Visa in hand - May 5/11

POE - May 13/11

SSN applied - June 1/11

Wedding - June 6/11

AOS/EAD/AP Sent - July 5/11

NOA1 - Aug 9/11

Biometrics - Sept 6/11

EAD/AP approved Sept 14/11

AOS Interview Oct 21/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone, I havent posted on here in quite awhile since I have been busy with the move down to California and getting settled.

I know there is an AOS forum for questions but I'm posting in the regional forums because I have made quite a few friends here so I'm hoping one of them has some info for me!

So I sent in my AOS package on July 5th, it was signed for on the 6th but I still havent heard anything back yet nor has my check been cashed.

I was reading that alot of people were waiting about 3 or 4 months so I have been waiting patiently.

But it has now been over a month so I'm starting to get really frustrated.

I have no idea if i should be calling someone right now and who exactly it would be that i call.

Anyone in the same boat as me or have any experience with this?

I'm going stir crazy here I need to be able to start looking for work sooner rather than later!

Weirds like you say, that must be so frustrating - I'm not sure who you would call becase you don;t have a case # or anything like that to refer to.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

So I called USCIS and I'm so mad.

They told me that its very odd that my check has not been cashed and that i hasn't heard anything back yet either.

They said if something was wrong I would have heard back by now and since my check hasn't been cashed and I'm not showing up in their system then my package must be misplaced in their mailroom somewhere.

THEN she gives ME an email to email them at to request they go look for it....

So theres nothing she can actually do for me.

This is so frustrating, no its not like i actually NEED to work or anything!

The ineptitude of this situation completely boggles my mind.

Sorry needed to vent.

K-1 Filed - Sept 27/10

NOA1 - Sept 28/10

NOA2 - Feb 16/11

NVC rec - Feb 28/11

NVC left - March 1/11

Con rec - March 4/11

P3 sent - March 8/11

P3 return - March 15/11

P3 logged - March 25/11

P4 sent - March 26/11

Medical - April 6/11

Visa in hand - May 5/11

POE - May 13/11

SSN applied - June 1/11

Wedding - June 6/11

NOA1 - Aug 9/11

Biometrics - Sept 6/11

AOS Interview Oct 21/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It should take MAX 30 days for them to cash the check. So yes I would assume USCIS error at this point.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

It should take MAX 30 days for them to cash the check. So yes I would assume USCIS error at this point.

Yeah thats what the lady I talked to said. If I`m not in their system at this point then the package hasn't been opened yet which leads her to believe that it has been misplaced. So frustrating

K-1 Filed - Sept 27/10

NOA1 - Sept 28/10

NOA2 - Feb 16/11

NVC rec - Feb 28/11

NVC left - March 1/11

Con rec - March 4/11

P3 sent - March 8/11

P3 return - March 15/11

P3 logged - March 25/11

P4 sent - March 26/11

Medical - April 6/11

Visa in hand - May 5/11

POE - May 13/11

SSN applied - June 1/11

Wedding - June 6/11

NOA1 - Aug 9/11

Biometrics - Sept 6/11

AOS Interview Oct 21/11

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know my DH AOS got sent back because I put the wrong birthdate on the form so therefore it was teh "wrong amount". I sent the package in July 2010 and put his birthday on one of the forms as Oct. 2010. My DH hadn't even been born yet. DOH but the check was back in my hands 2 weeks after I mailed the package. Hopefully they are able to find the package. If not, then you should be able to use the copies you have of your package to recreate it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.